Sponsored by:

PSI 480 TT SPANKS C6 Z06...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:28 PM
joetwint
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markski
Ok... i raced a 600, 750. and a 1000... all at once.. there was like 7 bikes... from 60 mph... I beat them all... the 1000 stuck with very close... I also raced my friend 4 times.... he has a1200 zxy( something like that) a 2005 for that matter.... and every time i got a hit.... he never caught up to me.... when he got a hit.... i caught up to him.... when we went together.... he pulled and I caught up... this is joke... no bragging.. i have no reason to do it.
even once my wife was with me.... I wish I can get her on this board( not... unless shes shopping online LOL)
the bikers were so pissed thats they blocked all the lanes on the highway and would not let me by.
one other time.. a guy pulled up on very nice tricked out 750.. he did about 3 wheelies doing 70 mph.... the fourth time I have him thumbs up....and we took off.... was with my friend john... he is a 200 lbs guy.... and I still beat the bike up until 170 mph.... he couldnt believe it... neither could I.... thats was my first race against a bike.

I have a 999 ducati... so Im very aware of bikes/performance....
Depends on year of the 1000 and model.A 2005 GSXR1000 IS A 10.00 BIKE AT 140 +.A katana 1000 is a mid 11 sec bike.A mid 90,s GSXR 1100 IS A 11.00 BIKE AT HIGH 120.A 999 DUCATI IS A LOW 11 SEC BIKE.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
markski
Racer

Originally Posted by joetwint
Depends on year of the 1000 and model.A 2005 GSXR1000 IS A 10.00 BIKE AT 140 +.A katana 1000 is a mid 11 sec bike.A mid 90,s GSXR 1100 IS A 11.00 BIKE AT HIGH 120.A 999 DUCATI IS A LOW 11 SEC BIKE.
I was on the highway ... this has nothing to do with 1/4 times.....
obviously my tt is no where near as fast as any bike from a stand still...
I wish I recorded it..
Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
GT
Instructor

I would take that bet if I could find a vette in europe for a lot of $$$. I have a 540hp 996tt and I dont believe that the Z06 would even be close on a dry or wet road. This has been the case with all cars I ve raced with same or more hp. Reason must be the combination of torque, traction, power range and most importantly the fact that 996 t has the rear engine essentialy hooked on the real wheels= less bhp losses.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 PM
johnyg
Instructor

Guys, Once someone knows how to launch the z06 well and is not afraid to speed shift it at redline then it might smoke a stage 2 car noticabley. I'm telling you that it took all he had to keep from getting pulled on and I had to watch out off the line so I did not get too close to his back bumper. He is a friend after all and his car was brand new. No doubt the z06 hauls *** and can spin the tires in third gear. When you speak of shear accelration from a stand still I was surprized at how close it was. People have to remember that stage 4 or 600hp cars don't run the quarter that much quicker than stage 2. They will probably run away from a roll at 125 plus though. Most cars on the street are not in the low 12 high 11 range. We take for granted just how quick that is. The rest of you ballers runnin high 10 and low 11, rock on.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 AM
collin996tt
Advanced

Originally Posted by sharkster
That must be the PSI Experience

In reality my mid 10 second car never does that... and the "only lag" I have isn't the wheels spinning in the tires but REA-TRUE lag that comes with bigger turbos (especially on the hot side)....
Yeah, well, that is the problem with bigger turbos. You can't spin the wheels with those big turbos. You of all people should know that! Hahaha

Seriously, you have to try the PSI Experience at least once. See if Mikey will give you a ride. Ask nicely though.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 AM
collin996tt
Advanced

Since there's no video.. I'm raising the international flag
Do you believe in UFO or Jesus Christ?
Common. You can't expect to have a video for EVERYTHING!
Have faith in your fellow man.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:23 AM
collin996tt
Advanced

Originally Posted by markski
I was on the highway ... this has nothing to do with 1/4 times.....
obviously my tt is no where near as fast as any bike from a stand still...
I wish I recorded it..
That's right. I should've recorded my wheel spin too. Well, it's too bad we didn't.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
collin996tt
Advanced

I've not ridden in a PSI 520 but I'd guess it's similair to a stage III EVO K24 car since it uses mostly similair parts I think? So in mine under those conditions I'd say 11.7 @123 or so with a decent 1.8 60 foot
Do you think a PSI 480 car is similar to an EVO stage 1 or 2 car because they use similar parts or turbos? Well, stop guessing and actually put your *** in both cars then make an assessment. Maybe you won't feel a difference, but at least try it instead of guessing.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:32 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by collin996tt
Yeah, well, that is the problem with bigger turbos. You can't spin the wheels with those big turbos. You of all people should know that! Hahaha

Seriously, you have to try the PSI Experience at least once. See if Mikey will give you a ride. Ask nicely though.
I always liked Mike. Really nice guy and fun customer from the old days.. I'll have to ask him. Right now everything seems slow after the GT800/700s
Old 02-01-2006, 12:33 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Do you believe in UFO or Jesus Christ?
Common. You can't expect to have a video for EVERYTHING!
Have faith in your fellow man.

UFO and JC no. However, the Loch Ness....
Old 02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Do you think a PSI 480 car is similar to an EVO stage 1 or 2 car because they use similar parts or turbos? Well, stop guessing and actually put your *** in both cars then make an assessment. Maybe you won't feel a difference, but at least try it instead of guessing.
Well just doing "physics" after all you can only get so much out of a K16 and/or K24 turbo charger (or a pair of I should say). There are "limits" in terms of flow, CFM and boost but then again I'm sure you already know this. And if the programing is done right then those limits are likely both approached. I'd say look up those hex tables when you get a chance and spot the differences:P

The real delta in power starts occuring on the larger kits from different tuners that use different hardware. If you're using the same hardware you can't really expect these "huge" differences. Even if you're talking 20-30Hp at most I doubt "you" could feel that. If "you" can then we should all try and follow you around hoping for little bits and pieces or shreads of wisdom that get left behind everytime you spin your wheel inside your tire...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:40 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also why don't you do some true performance numbers... go to the track. Run the 1/4mile, do some dynos.. show us what it's got. I think otherwise your using "guesswork".
Old 02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
faterikcartman
Advanced

I'm new to the forum and enjoy out of control threads like this.

I own a Porsche and have never owned a Chevy in my life.

But you guys who are comparing two different cars with two different drivers are nuts.

You gain seconds in the driver and tenths with the car.

When making your car vs. car claims you need to have the same driver on multiple runs through a trap.

Two guys pulling while rolling doesn't mean squat as each will vary as to when they really think the other guy is going to go.

And the skill sets and commitment level while on a public street are wildly different between drivers.

I'm considering my second Porsche so have spent a lot of time on various Porsche boards lately and the mentality of Porsche owners is really cult-like.

I've heard so many claims of Porsche cars spanking the C6 Z06 it is really crazy. I realize many of you have modded cars but you better have 500 at the wheels and a lot of torque to spank the Z06.

At least you guys have modded cars, on other boards guys are claiming stock cars can beat it or at least out race it on a road with turns. Of course Porsche does build a car that can beat a new Z06 but that car is called a Carrera GT and none of the cult members I've come across own one.

I think a Z06 is ugly and feels cheap so it's not for me. But its numbers speak for themselves. When you want to bash it you need the same driver in both cars doing multiple runs and a buddy with a stop watch is not accurate enough--take it to a track and run it through the traps.

A heavier 480HP car with much less torque with all wheel drive beating a lighter car with 540 HP (dyno tests have put the Z06's output at about 540 at the engine not the claimed 505) and about 500 ft-lbs of torque and HUGE rubber? I'm calling on this one. I know what you saw, but you saw a match up of driving abilities in those two cars, not a match up of cars. No way.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 641 Posts

Damn woulda, shoulda, coulda been....

ZO6 Guy is a much more experienced driver of several sports cars on the road and track. TT Driver is new to the sports car world. Not a solo yet on the track.

Next therory/excuse??.....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
faterikcartman
Advanced

Same theory, same explanation.

Did the more experienced driver drive both cars? NO

Did you time them? NO

Was there a starting light (or did they just go by feel as to when the other guy was going to go)? NO

Were they on a closed track so no one--especially an experienced driver--wouldn't subconciously hold back? NO

Same theory here, more SPIN there

Quick Reply: PSI 480 TT SPANKS C6 Z06...