Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THOUGHT MPS TIRES WERE THE BEST!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 07:47 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, my only experience at the limits in the Georgia mountains are the BICYCLE races and rides that my race team has done. If you guys think the car stuff if is scary and dangerous try decending Hog Pen or Blood mountain at 50mph+ on tires with 150psi and 18millmeters wide!!And my bike weighs 11.5 pounds! (Sorry to digress)
Now thats racing at the limit!!

Dock that would be great, I race and ride (bicycles) in and around Blue Ridge and Dalonaga, let me know when and were and I'll bring some Tampa folk up.

We also come up to see the "tour de Georgia" every year also. And just stayed in a cabin in Blue Ridge for this past Thanksgiving. Of course one of the couples mercedes broke down and so I also got to see a beautiful Mercedes dealship in Atlanta!!

tom
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Tom -

You're probably familiar with Neels Gap on Georgia Highway 19/129 (north of Dahlonega). The road up the mountain to Neels Gap is the one I mentioned that has two wide lanes plus the shoulder - it's just a great road. Highway 60 and 180 are also world class.

Have you driven the Tail of the Dragon and/or the Cherohala Skyway? We had a Turbo group drive there in July of '04. Four cars came down from NJ, and one from Miami (the rest were from NC, GA, and OH). The NJ guys are ready to do it again, so maybe a spring run would be good.

The July '04 TOD players...

Old 12-24-2005, 10:11 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dock, these are the roads I know and love, we ride the 6 gap ride from Dalonaga every year and includes Neels Gap, Hog Pen and 4 others. We rent cabins and do it every year. Have some fun with the cayenne on the roads up and back to the point that the last decent got car sick!! Love to have the TT up there, but for touring only, off the side of one of those and that would be it!!
Let me know ahead of time if you guys are having a big get together. Would love to come up for some car stuff, the bike rides are killers!
Great pictures.

tom

Quick Reply: THOUGHT MPS TIRES WERE THE BEST!?