Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSI 996TT dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I`m a new turbo owner and have been learning a lot about my car through these boards. Thanks to Sharkster, Stephen, Kevin etc, I will be able to make informed decisions on my mods. Looking at Ruf, Giac, Upsolute, Rook, Kevins K16 hybrids~~~tough decisions. But I think it is time to scrath PSI off my list, Mike PS that is my REAL name!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I see no bashing Marty. This is factual information. Neil was removed from this board...fact. The fact that he was a shipping manger for Rook, fact. Rook went out of business because of indecent business practices, fact. It is not bashing if the information is real. If someone said something that can not be backed up then that is in fact character bashing. That would not be fact. No different then someone outing my credentials. Mine are public so that is not the case. I have been on these boards since PorscheFans. That is about 12 years now.

If you are a sponsor of the boards that is fine. You have the right to post some about your services. You can not tell me that you Kirby provide useful and helpful problem solving information to these boards. The problem with the post is the purpose and the hidden identity. Not to mention the improper run. You can not show a before or after on two different cars and expect it not to be greeted with animosity. It is about how the car we lowered looks, how the tires spin in the wheels. See I too am a sponsor and know that people come up here to get information. Not tainted views on what product is sitting on the shelf to sell. If you are an expert in the field then use that knowledge to help. Not constantly peddle your product. This dyno was posted by part of this circle. Fine, but disclose that and allow people to make an educated conclusion based on that information. I do not randomly post dyno sheets unless requested or in a subject that needs to provide a data point. Just like the exhaust thread.

So here we are full circle. Why can no one acknowledge that the dyno chart in question has an issue? Anyone with practical tuning experience knows this has something wrong. How come people still are overlooking this? Why don't people ask questions when other tuners post info. It depends on what tuner and what they are doing with that information. It is all about the position and integrity of that tuner and what they are doing with that information. The one thing I can see a mile away is someone portraying something they are not or providing false information. I have done this too long to allow ignorance to be bliss or fall victim to the never-ending blovating.

I am sorry I have taken this tone and apologize in advance to all those that read this. These discussions are not normally I take part in. However, I think a dose of reality is good for everyone.

Now I have to go back to building a motor.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

I just said the curve was not smooth, the two dynos were from different cars and that it looked just in line with a chip and exhuast, which is not suprising.

OK sorry folks but my PC has taken in waayyyy to much:
Old 12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Here's a solution.. Marty, have Neil comp you a PSI 550 kit. Have your car driven/hauled to Imagine Auto's shop.. Get baseline HP runs on Stephen's Dyno.. Install the kit and re-dyno your car with the 550 kit.. See where the number lie, then stick Stephen's car on the Dyno.. Then both of you guys can do some 60-130 tests with a video camera..
Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Just need to keep a note of who bashes and who doesn't.

It's funny...all that was posted was a Dyno chart. Not really promoting anything. Just a PSI Car and a Stock TT? Hmmm, wonder if any other tuner would get bashed for that? Strange?

ah well, can't make everyone happy. I just find it funny....and pointless
Actually, on Rennlist, pretty much any dyno that is posted is always met with questions, skepticism before it's taken as law- especially when there are some errors that are clear. This why I like this place a lot. I've learned a lot. Refined my thinking etc... Do a search and it'll be the same thing whether upsolute, giac, evo, ia etc.. posts any dynos or if I go to the drag strip or someone does a 60-130. I get a whole lot of feedback some good, some bad and some helpful.... But I do post on here to get feedback. That's why I post!

Like everyone else on here, I thought SpeedDaddy was Neil or an Orton Employee. It looks like it's someone else who remains "nameless". Neil does asks questions on 6speed etc.. questioning many EVO/GIAC posts and dynos as is his right to do so. It's a two way street and although it got heated for some reason- it didn't have to, I think the fact remains that some people pointed out the curve showed some flaws and that the power output was much the same as a K24 stock turbo, exhaust and chip packadge from just about any company.

Also I'm not sure I agree with this statement, "It's funny...all that was posted was a Dyno chart. Not really promoting anything." If speeddaddy does work for PSI or a distributor then it raises flags when hiding that fact. With only 13 posts and all of them refering to PSI is indeed "marketing". I have that silly long signature etc.. but like you I also disclose it to make sure that anyone that reads my post can make sure that they know fully well that I sell, install GIAC/EVO stuff too. If an EVO or any other company employee came on here marketing 14 posts about EVO and did not disclose who they were and what company they were from it'd be the same result. We'd be questinging why? Olly olly oxen-free, come out from behind the curtain!

I think folks woke up when they read "PSI is on par with RuF". I still have a poster of a yellow bird on my wall and if 20 years from now I have a poster of a PSI 996TT, I'd be suprised... Unless it's one of yours

Last edited by sharkster; 12-07-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkster
OK sorry folks but my PC has taken in waayyyy to much:
This coming from you....seriously made me laugh!!! Thanks Alex, I needed that this morning!

Dude, you never called me last night...CALL ME!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
lexpro
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a follower of this board, an owner of an '03 x50 considering mods and someone not in the tuning/car biz, I consider undisclosed commercial interests of posters to be an intentionally misleading and ethically questionable marketing practice...or worse. I'm not going to trust my turbo, a relatively expensive personal indulgence, to a provider of goods and services who engages in that behavior. It is not unreasonable to expect that a person who adopts questionable marketing practices to be consistent in his/her other commercial activities. I wouldn't want to have to count on such a person if I have a problem with my car after they did work on it. To Rennlist and those who shine a bright light on this subject, I am grateful.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Lexpro, who are we speaking of? Speeddaddy, who posted a PSI 550 and a stock 996TT
on the same dyno, same operator on different days, on 91 octane and did not doctor the
results? Who are you accusing and of what?
Wow, what responses
and Kevin I LOVE your idea, now I just need PSI to foot the parts bill.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
lexpro
Intermediate

Woodster:
My sentiment applies to whomever the shoe fits.... Do you think there is nothing wrong with someone who has a commercial interest but does not disclose that fact in his/her post purportedly of objective data? indeed

I'll tell you who it does not apply to: Stephen Kaspar, Alex Sharkey, Kevin at Ultimate (sorry I don't know last name) and the many others who post volumes of data *and* make clear who they are. Their posts are enormously useful because they let me make an informed judgement and to understand their bias. To them I hoist a pint in thanks To those who present data and hide their interest...they deserve something less.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for the pint! A double shot of vodka and red bull right at ya.

"Do you think there is nothing wrong with someone who has a commercial interest but does not disclose that fact in his/her post purportedly of objective data?"

You said it better and clearer than I did (I'm English and go on and on and on...) and that's point I'm trying to get over. I'm glad the dyno was posted because there was nothing else to look at until now. No drag strip numbers, no 60-130 times, no dyno sheets. Hopefully those kinks in the dyno can be worked out since it's obviously early days yet....
Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RobynC
This coming from you....seriously made me laugh!!! Thanks Alex, I needed that this morning!

Dude, you never called me last night...CALL ME!
LOL it put me right off of my morning croissant that's for sure. Stuffing that much spam into a floppy drive...

Will call in a bitzzzzz
Old 12-07-2005, 06:56 PM
blunt
Track Day

Compare the same car using an exhaust and chip and I bet the numbers won't be too far off of the kit. The only people who compare their kit to a stock car are guys selling chip upgrades. It makes me wonder if there's something to hide to make such a weak comparison.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Speedaddy
Track Day

Sorry for the confusion folks, but as part of 969, I am simply trying to get some facts out. A comparison between a stock car and a modded car is a good way to show gains or validate the mods. We were just as curious as others, but trying to go by driving impressions is tough. This was not intended as an attack but it sure was attacked hard as if this threatened something. We went to lengths to provide as honest info as possible. Sure we could have put in race fuel, etc., but this helps no one. PorschePHD, thank you for your technical input, but the negative attacks by others are just crazy.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:12 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikerosi
I`m a new turbo owner and have been learning a lot about my car through these boards. Thanks to Sharkster, Stephen, Kevin etc, I will be able to make informed decisions on my mods. Looking at Ruf, Giac, Upsolute, Rook, Kevins K16 hybrids~~~tough decisions. But I think it is time to scrath PSI off my list, Mike PS that is my REAL name!
Mike I have to say honestly "Sharky" isn't my real name But it got given to me at school on the Football pitch and just stuck..... The best thing one can do is read up and try as much of this stuff before deciding on what's best for you I've tried 8 different exhausts and still counting!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

"We ran a coulple of cars on an independent dyno..."
"but as part of 969..."

Hmmm. I can't help but think this would have been received better if Kirby, the Site Sponsor and Rennlist Member would have posted the information rather than a seemingly independent "Registered User". My 2 cents anyway...

Quick Reply: PSI 996TT dyno results