Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Pictures of Sharky's Bent Rod....

OK so I figured that'd get some of you guys to click on here OK sexual-jokes aside, here's a stock rod in good nick vs' one of the 3 that I did bend. Notice how they're fairly s-shaped. AKA boys don't try this at home. Above 700Hp an you oughta think about getting a built motor...

Still I can claim running running 10s on low boost with three bent rods. That's a record nobody will want to break lol.
Attached Images      
Old 08-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Scary! Good to see you are a sponsor now Sharky and sincere good luck with your new venture.

Question: Wouldn't overrevving the engine during a misshift and or poor engine tuning (lean, heat, detonation etc..) bend a rod?

I think you have posted this somewhere but if you don't mind could you post your ET, trap speed, weight and boost level, out of curiosity, I promise no smart a$$ comments
Thanks.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:18 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jean
Scary! Good to see you are a sponsor now Sharky and sincere good luck with your new venture.

Question: Wouldn't overrevving the engine during a misshift and or poor engine tuning (lean, heat, detonation etc..) bend a rod?

I think you have posted this somewhere but if you don't mind could you post your ET, trap speed, weight and boost level, out of curiosity, I promise no smart a$$ comments
Thanks.
Thanks Jean and I'm glad to be on-board now that we have our own lil' home/shop There's a few contributing factors, some seriously hard launches, and drag racing were likely culprits. I mean the car pulls 1.6 60 foots in crap conditions last time... It was also running super rich and pulling timing so I only ran low boost (18psi). I have a Wideband 02 kit in the car so I'm always monitoring the AFRs.

My best trap speed was on low boost at 128mph, and time was 10.97...

Give us as many smart comments as possible!!! Seriously I love to chat and find out other people's opinions.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks Jean and I'm glad to be on-board now that we have our own lil' home/shop There's a few contributing factors, some seriously hard launches, and drag racing were likely culprits. I mean the car pulls 1.6 60 foots in crap conditions last time... It was also running super rich and pulling timing so I only ran low boost (18psi). I have a Wideband 02 kit in the car so I'm always monitoring the AFRs.

My best trap speed was on low boost at 128mph, and time was 10.97...

Give us as many smart comments as possible!!! Seriously I love to chat and find out other people's opinions.
Sharkster
I am sure you will do fine, good luck.

That ET is fantastic, based on a local slightly modded 996GT2 results, trap speed is consistent with an 18 PSI boost torque level as well. you must have a great suspension/tire/weight setup and good skills, as he ran 11.8s with a 126MPH trap.. !
Old 08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sharkster
I am sure you will do fine, good luck.

That ET is fantastic, based on a local slightly modded 996GT2 results, trap speed is consistent with an 18 PSI boost torque level as well. you must have a great suspension/tire/weight setup and good skills, as he ran 11.8s with a 126MPH trap.. !
Thanks for the very kind words! We're just enthusiasts and love these cars and are lucky enough to play with them The suspension I have is actually a road course double adjustable JRZ with 1300 pound rear springs lol. So i have to change that stuff out to something softer for drag racing

The kit I have- when running right is "capabale' of doing 143Mph but we shall see if that happens Todd's ran that in Vegas already....
Old 08-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

We also want to mention that those are 993TT rods, same rods that are in the 996TT and GT2..
Old 08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kevin
We also want to mention that those are 993TT rods, same rods that are in the 996TT and GT2..
Agree, however due to the better thermodynamics of the 996 engines and efficiency, I believe they can see 650+ hp on a 996TT? You know I am twisted, so I do not rule out an overrevving or overboost situation.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:36 PM
omega
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sharkster shirts

will deliver your shirts wed about 9 am you will love them se ya then steve the ds co.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:52 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by omega
will deliver your shirts wed about 9 am you will love them se ya then steve the ds co.
steve I can't wait!!! I'm going to give everyone that's already a customer and been through our doors a shirt as well as a few guys on here that I've always enjoyed reading about!

PS Did you get my message about "removing" the two words "exhaust and headers". If not then it's fine
Old 08-05-2005, 12:54 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Agree, however due to the better thermodynamics of the 996 engines and efficiency, I believe they can see 650+ hp on a 996TT? You know I am twisted, so I do not rule out an overrevving or overboost situation.
LOL ok so I maaaaay have boosted 2bar once or twice... during the shoot out. The night before the drag race event, we dialed in high boost and it "rocked". sadly by the day of the event, one of the turbos got FOD'd... Not that I had a MAF or anything for the road course lol!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 AM
ebaker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were the crank, pistons and cylinders OK?
Old 08-05-2005, 05:25 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hmm you could say the crank got knife edged for free lol.. well it needed to be replaced. The pistons were actually a-ok... Bearings and and liners all had to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Sharky's Bent Rod....