Sponsored by:

Seller sold me a car swapped 5th and 6th gear. He forgot video

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:53 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seller sold me a car swapped 5th and 6th gear. He forgot video

Check it out. Just wanted to warn anyone present and future. If a guy named Michael Holland from Fairway Kansas try's to sell you a car don't buy.

This is my post on 6speed check out video:

so I bought the orient red metallic that was for sale on the site couple months ago. I'm not going to go into how sleezy I think the seller may be or the shop that did the ppi. Just wanna try and figure out what the F is going on

so I have been Dickin around waiting for an exhaust for last few weeks. Drove it before and all seemed well except I knew there was a boost leak from #16 Check valve. After replacing it and plenum ( cause I busted the plastic on top of the stock plenum) I finally got it all put back together

went out for a couple hundred mile drive and all seemed well but 5th and 6th gear was confusing the hell out of me.

This may be strange (I sure the fu.. think so)
but when I shift into the upper right gear which is supposed to be 5th it's actually 6th (or what seems like 6th)

when i I go through the gears 1 2 3 4 6 5 and down shift the same sequence it is fine. (other than it's weird as hell)

can anyone explain this phenomenon. there is no grinding or slipping nothing!!!! it seems to shift perfect other than the sequence

I'm already pissed as hell at the seller but it's mine now so F him.

I'm just really mad cause I trusted him and it looks like trust is something I'll never have for anyone on this site again when it comes to a purchase.

lesson learned.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:57 PM
uwrasta
Banned

This was an email response from the seller copy and paste.
When it arrived it had a o2 sensor code so he gave me 250 bucks. But forgot to mention the 3000 dollar f up that he'd been experiencing for nearly 5 years.
Just slipped his mind.

Richard,

I am sorry. I should have told you about the gearing. To be honest, I simply forgot. I noticed it after I bought the car, but there wasn't any slipping or problems shifting, so I figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I drove with it like that the entire ownership of the car. I imagine it happened when the transmission was redone.

As I believe I told you, I didn't drive the car too much this summer. It was in the shop at the start of May, and when I got it back I had another toy that was occupying my time. So it had been a while since I had driven the car when I posted it for sale.

I'm not trying to say that is an excuse, I just want you to understand how it happened. So, once again, I am sorry.

I will say that I feel like I have worked with you every step of the way though. I knocked off the money you wanted for the new front tires, I took care of the issues found during the PPI, and I sent you money to fix the other issue that cropped up when you received the car. So I'm sorry you feel so poorly about me and this deal.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Michael
Old 12-18-2017, 11:36 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 181 Posts

I am pretty sure the gears are reversed in the tranny. You will need to drop the tranny and tear apart the transmission to reverse the gears. Sorry!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:43 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,467 Likes on 965 Posts

Sorry to hear.

Sounds like an expensive lesson to be sure.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Possible to find out who did the tranny rebuild? Might be able to work something out. Hope it works out.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:04 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Ya it's a mystery who did it. It's at the shop now. I'm over it. Just gonna get it fixed and enjoy.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2017, 08:54 AM
s-spiff
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Although this sounds bad, from my own experience, it is not serious. When I had my tranny out and re-built, after I got the car back, the exact same thing was happening. 5th and 6th gear were reversed.

I took the car back to the shop and the guy immediately realized what he did wrong. I'm assuming something in the linkage was reversed. He had it done within 30 mins and it's been perfect ever since. Unfortunately, I didn't find out exactly what happened, but based on the amount of time he had it, it was minor.

Take it in to a good shop that knows these cars/transmissions and ask them about it. They should be able to fix quickly...

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Yes but totally a dick move by the seller to "forget" to mention this . And then he had the ***** to tell the guy hey I came down on the price like you asked on the other thing.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Ya its pretty funny. I just wanna make sure people are aware. I fully trust the shop that's working on it now and I'm sure I'll know in a couple days the extent of the repair.

Ya I find it very very hard to believe that someone would forget. If someone has a car "any car" that's got a funky quirk like that doesn't forget. A very convenient excuse. I'm sure a judge and jury would laugh at this dude but ain't gonna go there. I'm just gonna get it fixed and enjoy.

On the bright side it doesn't pop out of second and the coolant lines are pinned
Old 12-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,591 Likes on 1,640 Posts

As s-spiff wrote, it is just incorrectly installed linkage. This mistake happens more often than you woukd think. Easy fix.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
As s-spiff wrote, it is just incorrectly installed linkage. This mistake happens more often than you woukd think. Easy fix.
This makes more sense that the actual cogs being installed improperly.

uwrasta, we are all anxiously awaiting the diagnosis!
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,467 Likes on 965 Posts

+1

Keep RL posted.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:06 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts

Perhaps it was intentional:

https://brickset.com/article/21758/l...che-911-gt3-rs
Old 12-19-2017, 04:30 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

to the o/p. i wanted to let you know this happened to me from a trusted engine /trans builder. the gearsets are very close in size and if your not paying attention its easy to mix up the gears. i had to send mine back to get the gearsets reversed and installed properly. it does happen
Old 12-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What shop did the PPI? Since I'm local to Fairway, KS.
That city is where I received my very first speeding ticket.

-Jason

Quick Reply: Seller sold me a car swapped 5th and 6th gear. He forgot video