The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 07:07 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
M2 Comp...but for the most part I agree with you they have lost their way
I was going to buy an M2 Comp since all the hub-bub. It was pretty good, but not as earth-shattering as I had hoped it would be, and was hoping it would not be as rough as other M cars on California potholes. I was super-excited when I found one at the local BMW dealer with dual-clutch (need it for commuting) but jeeze. My QV is faster, better trans, chassis, suspension, and feels like it defies gravity. My E46 M3 was one of my favorite cars ever. The QV has that magic.

Sorry to veer off-topic. I am surprised how few 6 GT3s are coming up. The only one that really tripped my trigger was a recent black one w/PCCB but if I had a black car I'd go crazy. I have a dark blue metallic 991 GTS and it never looks good except the day I wash it.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:09 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I would think yellow is the second most desirable color because it is the poster/catalog GT3 color. Silver I think is the most common.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:41 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
My E46 M3 was one of my favorite cars ever.
The opinion of a vast majority.
The following 2 users liked this post by sithot:
911-AL (12-29-2021), Upscale Audio (12-21-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 12:16 AM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 64 Posts

I had a super nice E46 M3 - 2006 AW with IR interior, sunroof ZCP - I had all factory CSL parts on it including a functioning flapper. You can see it in the video below.
https://www.langracing.com/e46-m3-wi...and-motec-dhb/

Then I sold it, felt remorse and bought a somewhat unicorn E92 M3 - AW, ZCP single hump CF roof cloth seats - then I sold it because I had the 996 GT3 itch.

Recently bought a nice black one - discussed in this forum a bit. But... I got bit by the Ferrari itch and am turning around and "flipping" the 996 GT3 which was totally unplanned. I thought about selling the 75 Carrera but I'm keeping that for now.

I can't post in the for sale ad so message me if you're interested. As it sits I'd basically call it a low mileage (18K) extremely well maintained/sorted driver in "clubsport spec" (LWFW, cage, Motons, PCCBs converted to Giro,Tarret, solid bushings, Fabspeed headers and Cup mufflers, Protosport tune!), welded lines, LM Engineering RMS work done, has O2&CATS, passed VA inspection 8/21), used for only approx 5K miles as a DE. Some quick pics and docs I just uploaded. I'll take more pics etc and help with PPI. Car doesn't need anything except 1 minor thing I can't figure the Airbag light (might need the connector kit).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2aXv8SoUyFtSyug9

Last edited by PumpkinRS; 12-29-2021 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:12 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by PumpkinRS
I had a super nice E46 M3 - 2006 AW with IR interior, sunroof ZCP - I had all factory CSL parts on it including a functioning flapper. You can see it in the video below.
https://www.langracing.com/e46-m3-wi...and-motec-dhb/

Then I sold it, felt remorse and bought a somewhat unicorn E92 M3 - AW, ZCP single hump CF roof cloth seats - then I sold it because I had the 996 GT3 itch.

Recently bought a nice black one - discussed in this forum a bit. But... I got bit by the Ferrari itch and am turning around and "flipping" the 996 GT3 which was totally unplanned. I thought about selling the 75 Carrera but I'm keeping that for now.

I can't post in the for sale ad so message me if you're interested. As it sits I'd basically call it a low mileage (18K) extremely well maintained/sorted driver in "clubsport spec" (LWFW, cage, Motons, PCCBs converted to Giro,Tarret, solid bushings, Fabspeed headers and Cup mufflers, Protosport tune!), welded lines, LM Engineering RMS work done, has O2&CATS, passed VA inspection 8/21), used for only approx 5K miles as a DE. Some quick pics and docs I just uploaded. I'll take more pics etc and help with PPI. Car doesn't need anything except 1 minor thing I can't figure the Airbag light (might need the connector kit).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2aXv8SoUyFtSyug9

Looks like a nice car! Black looks so good in these (just a pain to keep clean!). Which F-car has caught your attention? I must say, I love mine but only as an "addition to" the gt3...I wouldn't replace my gt3 with one (or with anything else, to be fair), but everyone is different and uses their cars in different ways! Definitely tons more drama and theater with an f-car, but just not as "usable" due to the mileage/resale stigma and attention they get (which can be a pain if you just want to be anonymous). But change is fun and variety is the spice of life...if nothing else my modest stable of cars demonstrates my belief in that principle!
Old 12-30-2021, 10:39 PM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Modena . Thought about the F355 but I think the 360 is for me all things considered.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:22 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Modena . Thought about the F355 but I think the 360 is for me all things considered.
as long as it’s gated! If so, I concur in your choice!!!! Super fun to drive!
Old 12-31-2021, 12:18 AM
mistermct
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

​​​​​​F355 is all sorts of theatre and amazing noises. One of the best sounding V8 engines ever made. That said the chassis is pure Italian pasta.. totally embodies the "buy an engine and we'll throw in the rest of the car" stereotype. it's almost the opposite to a 996 GT3 imo. Hope the Modena treats you well 👌
Old 12-31-2021, 12:25 AM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Yes my fingers are crossed. I was going to keep my 75 Carrera but I think that might have sold. There is an outside chance I may get to keep the 996 GT3 --we will see . Really shouldn't drive cars that you decide to let go because then you think of all kinds of reasons not to-- but then the wife chimes in
Old 12-31-2021, 02:50 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Yes my fingers are crossed. I was going to keep my 75 Carrera but I think that might have sold. There is an outside chance I may get to keep the 996 GT3 --we will see . Really shouldn't drive cars that you decide to let go because then you think of all kinds of reasons not to-- but then the wife chimes in
I know it may not seem like it now (been there done that, multiple times), but there is a VERY strong chance you will regret selling the 996, and it may surprise you have quickly that feeling sets in. Modena is fun and all sorts of theater, but neither a Modena, Challenge Stradale, or even a scud like I have is as good of an "all rounder" as a 996/997 gt3. My 996 is literally the ONLY car I have ever owned that I appreciate and like more as the years go by. Every other car starts off with a massive honeymoon period, and although the love never goes away, the excitement and appreciation wanes as familiarity increases and the "newness" wears off. Strangely not the case with my 996. It just feels more special as the years march on and I realize how different the experience is from everything else out there. Add in rarity and low production numbers, and drop-dead reliability, there is no way to loose unless you absolutely need the money from the sale now (that was the case for one of my prior sales...needed to fund a large real estate purchase with a tight timeframe), and basically the intant that exigency went away I was back on the hunt for a 996 gt3. But that hunt is getting harder and harder as good cars make it to forever homes and collectors figure out what us owners have known for a while!
The following 4 users liked this post by ScottArizona:
brontosaurus (12-31-2021), racingfan (01-04-2022), sithot (01-01-2022), TopPorscheFan (10-19-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 09:35 PM
UpOnTheWheel
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I know it may not seem like it now (been there done that, multiple times), but there is a VERY strong chance you will regret selling the 996, and it may surprise you have quickly that feeling sets in. Modena is fun and all sorts of theater, but neither a Modena, Challenge Stradale, or even a scud like I have is as good of an "all rounder" as a 996/997 gt3. My 996 is literally the ONLY car I have ever owned that I appreciate and like more as the years go by. Every other car starts off with a massive honeymoon period, and although the love never goes away, the excitement and appreciation wanes as familiarity increases and the "newness" wears off. Strangely not the case with my 996. It just feels more special as the years march on and I realize how different the experience is from everything else out there. Add in rarity and low production numbers, and drop-dead reliability, there is no way to loose unless you absolutely need the money from the sale now (that was the case for one of my prior sales...needed to fund a large real estate purchase with a tight timeframe), and basically the intant that exigency went away I was back on the hunt for a 996 gt3. But that hunt is getting harder and harder as good cars make it to forever homes and collectors figure out what us owners have known for a while!
Well said
The following users liked this post:
TopPorscheFan (10-19-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 10:25 PM
PumpkinRS
Rennlist Member

thank you for sharing your first hand experience.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:45 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 536 Likes on 351 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-42/
Old 01-09-2022, 02:05 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I think this one will pull $130k just because it's white. If not for white, this is still $120k in today's market.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:16 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred
I think this one will pull $130k just because it's white. If not for white, this is still $120k in today's market.
Since its on BAT, I'm going to say $150k+

Quick Reply: The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...