Sponsored by:

7:15 Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG lap time in my 996

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015 | 04:57 PM
Kaizu
Instructor

Default 7:15 Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG lap time in my 996

Smooth lap, nothing to see.

Car is a "poor man's GT2"...a modified 996 Turbo.

I have had problems with rear grip, went to a softer swaybar, softer rear spring rate and now even bit less rake (for lower rear ride height). Works perfect, now the only problem at the Ring is the bigger rear tires hitting the wheel wells in some dangerous spots so I had to drive through them slowly...gotta continue tinkering the suspension, but that's part of the hobby

Not bad lap time for over 15-year old car. One of the very first Turbos rolled from factory already in early 2000(!).
Old 10-01-2015 | 05:09 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Bravo Kai! Wow, very impressive!
I have meant to email you, just very busy this month at work.
I'll be in Copenhagen in November, still can rent that car ?
Old 10-01-2015 | 06:38 PM
vilfredo
Instructor

This is fu*** awesome, man. Next time, please use Harry's Laptimer to make me wonder even more.

What type of steering wheel are you using? Would love to have it for my GT3.

Marcus
Old 10-01-2015 | 06:38 PM
vilfredo
Instructor

This is fu*** awesome, man. Next time, please use Harry's Laptimer to make me wonder even more.

Marcus
Old 10-01-2015 | 07:27 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Badass!!!
Old 10-01-2015 | 09:28 PM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Great lap, very smooth. DN13? I take it the speed limits have been removed this time? Was meant to be doing this but 'had' to do honeymoon instead...
Old 10-01-2015 | 11:12 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

awesome!
Old 10-02-2015 | 05:21 AM
MC 968CS
Pro

Nice lap. One of the best sounding turbo engine cars I've heard. Is that exhaust fitted with an x flow type setup?
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:31 AM
Kaizu
Instructor

Thanks for all the comments! It's been a long road with the car to get this far, lots of testing, lots of broken parts, finetuning etc...Fact is you cannot just buy a Turbo, change some track parts and make it quick lap after lap.

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Bravo Kai! Wow, very impressive!
I have meant to email you, just very busy this month at work.
I'll be in Copenhagen in November, still can rent that car ?
Thanks Enrique, my racer buddy from other continent! Renting not sure, you have any cf parts left for sale for 996TT btw?

Originally Posted by vilfredo

Marcus
Marcus, you have good eyes! I wanted a thicker steering wheel with OEM look, not an ugly Raid wheel! So, my wheel has original airbag and only the wheel part has been changed to a DCT Motorsports T96 sport steering wheel, see for example https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...installed.html - I can recommend it.

About Harry's Laptimer, I rather use RaceChrono Pro laptimer for Android phones with a proper external GPS, it's my friend's app and you could say I am part of the development team - highly recommended!! I did not want to add overlay for this public video as the track had still speed limits in few places due to the bad GTR accident, I rather not show I could be over the limit in any place.

Originally Posted by Dervish
Great lap, very smooth. DN13? I take it the speed limits have been removed this time? Was meant to be doing this but 'had' to do honeymoon instead...
This was another track day than DN13, have not been for some time at DN days, they offer the best value but perhaps a bit too much traffic, I don't know if I remember correctly... Usually I just drive Touristenfahrten - traffic is **** but it's easy

Originally Posted by MC 968CS
Nice lap. One of the best sounding turbo engine cars I've heard. Is that exhaust fitted with an x flow type setup?
Wow good ears if you are able to notice that from the GoPro footage. I am not a big fan of the sound of Turbo cars (who would be), but this one's quite nice. Car has Speedtech 3" x-flow exhaust, I have also ordered 2.5" x-flow exhaust from John at Speedtech, so I don't get into any problems with decibel limits on some tracks...
Old 10-02-2015 | 09:44 AM
Berra
Pro

Very nice, finally a 996T doing proper laps on the Ring!! Hopefully I can see you at the ring sometime and get a ride in that monster!! Just thinking out loud here

Im also happy to hear that you have the 3" Speedtech exhaust, mine is hopefully on the way soon, been waiting a while now. Car sounds just epic!
Old 10-02-2015 | 11:39 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kaizu
Wow good ears if you are able to notice that from the GoPro footage. I am not a big fan of the sound of Turbo cars (who would be), but this one's quite nice. Car has Speedtech 3" x-flow exhaust, I have also ordered 2.5" x-flow exhaust from John at Speedtech, so I don't get into any problems with decibel limits on some tracks...
Originally Posted by Berra
Very nice, finally a 996T doing proper laps on the Ring!! Hopefully I can see you at the ring sometime and get a ride in that monster!! Just thinking out loud here

Im also happy to hear that you have the 3" Speedtech exhaust, mine is hopefully on the way soon, been waiting a while now. Car sounds just epic!
Awesome video Kai, it looks like you are really enjoying the car! That's the distinctive SpeedTech sound, love to hear it, it's like no other!

Berra, Yours is finishing up today and will be shipping Monday - it won't be long now! Get ready to enjoy....
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 10-02-2015 | 07:43 PM
Berra
Pro

Originally Posted by John D II

Berra, Yours is finishing up today and will be shipping Monday - it won't be long now! Get ready to enjoy....
Thanks John! Looking forward to it!!
Old 10-04-2015 | 12:15 AM
mistermct
Racer

My goodness there's so much awesome in that video: great exhaust note, great turbo woosh, smooth hands, proper *****-to-the-wall courage, and passing other GT cars (or aerokit'd ) like they're Miatas. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-04-2015 | 08:46 AM
Kaizu
Instructor

mistermct, one of them was indeed maybe the craziest GT3 of the day.

996 GT3 with Manthey 4.4l 516HP engine and their crazy competition-tested bodykit providing a lot less weight and lot more downforce...

Old 10-04-2015 | 04:17 PM
JarmoL
Racer

Wow.. ultimate trackday 996 GT3 perhaps.

Quick Reply: 7:15 Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG lap time in my 996