Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some have called it cheating. I say it's for safety.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Chris, have you driven the new setup at the track?

See you next weekend, and looking forward to the comments.

Oh, and love the new avatar
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Chris, have you driven the new setup at the track?

See you next weekend, and looking forward to the comments.

Oh, and love the new avatar
Just drove it back to work on the 417/416 from Autoimport. It's interesting for sure. I'm very much looking forward to trying it out at Calabogie next weekend.

Think I'll burn out my cups and may put on my new set of Cups as Calabogie tends to have more grip than Tremblant and i'll save the slicks for Tremblant in 3 weeks.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

It must totally transform the car. You'll probably have a whole new shifting routine through all your familiar corners.

I have a new set of Hoosiers but certainly don't want to put them on before Calabogie; I hear it's pretty hard on tires.

I have three days at Mosport this week so will see how the Cups hold up. Have about 10 days on them at the moment.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Shift points will be all new....
Curious, my Cup box isn't any noisier than the stocker, save a whine in 6th.
As for fuel mileage...in 6th at 120km/h it shows 31-32mpg, and after 2 days at Tremblant track mileage is still..... 9mpg! Same as before.

btw, on a familiar track (Tremblant) the cup box with Fiorano setup is a pure blast! Can't wait to see what Calabogie shows.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Peter, you also got a cup box...... Jeez I've been out of the program for too long. Next thing you know, RSR region will consist of modded GT3s and cup cars only.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

What d'ya mean "next thing". I think it's here now.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
btw, on a familiar track (Tremblant) the cup box with Fiorano setup is a pure blast! Can't wait to see what Calabogie shows.
Well I don't know about a cup box, but the Fiorano setup is bloody amazing... unless I'm God's gift to driving, and that's just silly
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Alright you cheaters, I'm coming to calabogie this weekend so you guys can show me how cool you all are.
I'm debating if I mount the HooHoo i have now or just run the cups until they are cooked...I have a feeling I won't use them much after the hoosiers go on.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

^ I put on my first ever set of Hoosier at Mosport on the weekend. Great confidence builder, but the Cups were ~ 40 HC old, so there would be a noticeable diff. Cups are going back on for CMP however. That way I have an excuse (Actually, I'm too cheap to throw the cups away with all the rubber that's left)
Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris R.
Alright you cheaters, I'm coming to calabogie this weekend so you guys can show me how cool you all are.
I'm debating if I mount the HooHoo i have now or just run the cups until they are cooked...I have a feeling I won't use them much after the hoosiers go on.

Hey Chris R, will be curious to watch and learn how your new-to-you "stock" car stacks up on track to Chris M's same car (with all his MEGA-tweaks and mods...)
I switched to R6 last season, and can't imagine switching back to Cups.... next stop will be the "pure crack!" (Michelin Slicks), but will wait til next yr...

Originally Posted by FFaust
^ I put on my first ever set of Hoosier at Mosport on the weekend. Great confidence builder, but the Cups were ~ 40 HC old, so there would be a noticeable diff. Cups are going back on for CMP however. That way I have an excuse (Actually, I'm too cheap to throw the cups away with all the rubber that's left)
Bring your Hoosiers..... just in case..... Calabogie will eat up the "40 HC Cups" in no time...
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, I know, and planning to, just in case. Probably going to put them on after the first few session, while nobody is looking
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Bahhh...just got a CEL and had to bring the car to lauzon to change a cat converter. Now I'm running out of time to get my slicks on if I want to run them. I may end up on worn (but still good) cups.
FFaust, what group are you running in?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Francois, the surface at Calabogie will heat up the Cups but may take a lap or two. You will get grip but I doubt they will last all weekend. 40HC Cups at Tremblant would be very slippery.

I'm running on worn Cups I ran at Watkins Glen. Should last the weekend. I'll have a new set of Cups up there along with a new set of slicks just in case. Have to get used to the revised gearing first.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris R.
Bahhh...just got a CEL and had to bring the car to lauzon to change a cat converter. Now I'm running out of time to get my slicks on if I want to run them. I may end up on worn (but still good) cups.
FFaust, what group are you running in?
Running in "Bleu".

I run Fabspeed system and had a CEL after a track day early this year; was probably driving too slow on the way home, trying to stretch the remaining gas.

Reset the light through OBDC, and it hasn't come back since.

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Francois, the surface at Calabogie will heat up the Cups but may take a lap or two. You will get grip but I doubt they will last all weekend. 40HC Cups at Tremblant would be very slippery.

I'm running on worn Cups I ran at Watkins Glen. Should last the weekend. I'll have a new set of Cups up there along with a new set of slicks just in case. Have to get used to the revised gearing first.
Yeah, tons of rubber left on the Cups, and probably some grip too. They felt a bit off at Mosport and that's why I put on the Hoosiers. Hopefully I can warm them up nicely and last all weekend. I have no idea what to expect from Calabogie track-wise, but twisty and safe? As opposed to Mosport's fast and pucker-inducing.

I have 7 hc on the Hoohoos and would love to save them for Tremblant and Mosport later this year. That might be pushing it though. Guys were saying 20 - 25 hc for the Hoosiers... What have I done
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

FFaust, I would love to jump in with you for a ride in your car if you don;t mind.
OK so I think cups it is...I'll save the slicks for another day. maybe

Quick Reply: Some have called it cheating. I say it's for safety.