Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Valving is always spring Dependant.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
va122
Drifting

Originally Posted by iLLM3
I see, my rake is like 6mm I believe he said, everything is a big jumble blah.

My previous shop said he adjusted my shocks and they got back breaking stiff, I cannot see my spring rate as car is in the garage and it's been raining for days... I doubt I need stiffer springs, just a whole proper setup, which still seems impossible, I can't get a hold of my current setup on paper, this is ridiculous already!

Should I just have my first shop do it, but with me TELLING THEM how to set it up, after getting some advice from you guy's of course?
I had the same experience and was asking for months for the settings. I told them to go F themselves and went somewhere else.

That's your choice. If your rake is f'ed up then you need to re corner balance the car and align it. I'll tell you the settings and I'll ask Lex what the proper shock settings are for your car and springs. You'll have a new car that you'll have an orgasm every time you drive it.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by va122
Valving is always spring Dependant.
Got it, thanks,
Mike
Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by va122
I had the same experience and was asking for months for the settings. I told them to go F themselves and went somewhere else.

That's your choice. If your rake is f'ed up then you need to re corner balance the car and align it. I'll tell you the settings and I'll ask Lex what the proper shock settings are for your car and springs. You'll have a new car that you'll have an orgasm every time you drive it.
You are the best man, maybe we can take this to pm/email/phone and when I get you my spring rate and whatever else you need, you can jot me down a little guideline of everything to bring to my shop.. They are more then capable of doing the work, but not formulating a setup out of thin air for me, as it has ended terribly!

PM me when you find out the shock settings if you can, or in general just let me know what you need from me, I cannot thank you and everyone else enough for the valuable info and help!

Martin
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 AM
va122
Drifting

no worries Matrin. I've been there. Just give me your spring rates, the helper and the main spring.

Tell them to do the whole f'ing thing over. I'll PM you my # and give you the settings. You gotta remind me to call lex in the Am.

Quick Reply: Suspension Setup Woes