Sponsored by:

Immaculate tastefully-modded red 2002 GT2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Immaculate tastefully-modded red 2002 GT2 for sale

2 owner red GT2 for sale. The car has 17,237 loving miles on it and has never been abused or in any kind of accident. No repair history, no stories and not a ding or scratch on the car anywhere!

The factory options are as follows: leather dash vents (XNR), center dash trim in carbon fiber (XNX), lower instrument section in carbon (XNX), red seat belts (XSX), red instrument dials (X34), carbon fiber hand brake (X47), carbon fiber gear shifter (X58), carbon fiber door sills (X69), full leather interior (C02).

I have added the following: carbon fiber factory steering wheel, carbon fiber door pulls and door pocket lids, Ruf pedals, GT3 seats, Porsche Motorsports roll bar, Champion 3 piece RG5 19 inch wheels for $5,800. I also had GMG Motorsports in Orange County do the following in June 2007: GMG WC sport exhaust, GMG WC GT header set, GIAC GMG GT2 ECU flash, GMG GT diverter valves, upgraded FPR, sport spark plugs, four wheel alignment & corner balance to Euro ride height specs. This was a $12,170 day at the shop!

This car runs like a raped ape. I am selling it with the original wheels in perfect condition, original tires (barely worn at all), original seats (perfect), original headers & exhaust. The car will pass a California smog no problem. Fabryce at GMG can quickly verify the condition of this vehicle.

The car was CPO'd by Porsche in May 2007 and is under a full factory warranty until 5/9/09. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or want additional higher res pics. I will discuss a trade for a silver 997 GT3RS, otherwise no trade offers please. For the record, I also don't want to give it away for charity and I don't want cashiers checks for an extra $100K from the Prince of Nigeria. Got it???

Asking $100K for the car including all parts. The next owner of this car will be quite pleased!

PM me for numerous additional he res pics!
Attached Images         

Last edited by Rob Wolford; 01-31-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: lousy typing!!! :-)
Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there Rob,
It is generally not a good idea to post your address (in the pictures) on Web Forums.

What a rare color for GT2! Watch in a few months, the red color is coming back to P-Car crowd.

Last edited by ///Mous3; 01-31-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Mous,

Point well taken!!! Here are the pics without my address!!!
Attached Images             
Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 AM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

note to self, GET carbon on doors.

Great car. Hope you find a nice replacement.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Mous,

Point well taken!!! Here are the pics without my address!!!
Nice Montana tag! Where in Montana do you have a house? I am currently sitting in Whitefish watching the snow and I can tell the GT2 is not a winter car for this area. ;-)
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BEAUTIFUL, sucks you are selling it, good luck man!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words guys!! I just took a potential buyer for a spin in the beast and I realize I will be just as happy if I keep it.

There's nothing else like a 996GT2 for the money that I am aware of. It's astounding how much faster this car is than my Stradale was.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to all!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

I'm still on the Stradale kick, but just realized after a long thorough ownership of my RUF R-GT2 I cannot give it up :/ I need to add one along side, any info on Strad's?? You can pm me, sorry for hijacking your thread!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM
MTHEORY
Instructor

Rob,

I'm new to my GT2 and also plan to do many of the mods you have already done. I got the exhaust done at GMG last month as well as the Euro spec height adjustment. I plan to do the headers, DV's, FPR, and ECU soon. Did these mods make a big difference from stock? What do you notice about the car apart from just speed? Still drivable? Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry to see you sell it, but I agree, whoever ends up with it will be getting a really awesome toy.

thanks,
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by MTHEORY
Rob,

I'm new to my GT2 and also plan to do many of the mods you have already done. I got the exhaust done at GMG last month as well as the Euro spec height adjustment. I plan to do the headers, DV's, FPR, and ECU soon. Did these mods make a big difference from stock? What do you notice about the car apart from just speed? Still drivable? Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry to see you sell it, but I agree, whoever ends up with it will be getting a really awesome toy.

thanks,
Gabriel, it will make the car much more vocal and soulful as you know, throttle response will fly also and with those increased revs (rev limit most likely will be 7k to 7200) it will feel more natural, who can forget pull like a WILD ANIMAL.. Night and day for sure, skip the FPR though as it is not needed for what you are doing to the car!

LWFW and clutch setup would top it off, nothing like having an NA like turbo car!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 AM
SolidRS
Advanced

I like the Montana tag. Do they bother you in Ca for it?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
MTHEORY
Instructor

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Gabriel, it will make the car much more vocal and soulful as you know, throttle response will fly also and with those increased revs (rev limit most likely will be 7k to 7200) it will feel more natural, who can forget pull like a WILD ANIMAL.. Night and day for sure, skip the FPR though as it is not needed for what you are doing to the car!

LWFW and clutch setup would top it off, nothing like having an NA like turbo car!
Thanks, I'll talk to the shop about the FPR issue. It's not that they told me I needed it, just that I've read about it as a possible mod on the forums (and you know what that's worth!)

As for the LWFW and clutch, I don't know too much about that. What I have read is that there is suspicion among some people that the LWFW is to blame for "crankshaft" failure? (I may not be identifying my engine parts correctly). anyway, I have to find out more about this subject before deciding on anything. What difference do you notice with the LWFW and clutch mod?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by MTHEORY
Thanks, I'll talk to the shop about the FPR issue. It's not that they told me I needed it, just that I've read about it as a possible mod on the forums (and you know what that's worth!)

As for the LWFW and clutch, I don't know too much about that. What I have read is that there is suspicion among some people that the LWFW is to blame for "crankshaft" failure? (I may not be identifying my engine parts correctly). anyway, I have to find out more about this subject before deciding on anything. What difference do you notice with the LWFW and clutch mod?
The 5 bar FPR can actually hurt your performance for a stock turbo setup, as the extra fuel is not needed and it could mess the timing up...

I haven't heard of any LWFW issues on the 996GT2's, GT3's, etc.. Some 997 GT3 guy's reported a loose crackshaft bolt but that was when installed incorectly or missing a part, forgot the exact cause.

Biggest difference? The throttle response, the turbo has a dead pedal feel in comparison to a GT3.. This livens up the car 2 fold, makes the revs and downshifts fly, car just comes alive.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
BReyes
Racer

That is a fine example. Any pics (from the shop) of the motor? Vid.

Goodluck.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Immaculate tastefully-modded red 2002 GT2 for sale