Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Hey Jerry,

I'd say for now its going to be 60% street, 40% track. It will become more of a track car with more funds and time. At this point i'd rather not have to bolt and unbolt, hence the Pole positions or SPG's.

No track time other than classes from Russell. If the stock pads are fine i'll stick with them. The stock pads on my Turbo were no bueno.

Driver's side seat is a Euro cloth seat. I may just keep that and get another cloth for the passenger, depending on cost. I believe for one they are around $1500. My only concern is the cloth starting to smell after a while from sweat. I know leather doesnt retain odor as well so i might try and get a couple leather bucket seats. I also want something relatively comfortable.

I sat in a couple Euro leather seats and loved them. Not sure how the cloth will compare.
if you have euro cloth gt3 seats, keep them. they are better than spg or pp.

sell the cloth one and get leather pair if you prefer leather.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
colby, that means pp and spg wont work.
look in to spg pro hans or spg pro hans xl at 1500+ each
That also means the OEM's wont work either right...? I think when i start to feel more comfortable in the car and start pushing closer to 8/10's + then i'll look into getting a hans compatable seat. Right now most of the my time will be with Brian and i'm sure he'll keep me at a safe speed.

if you have euro cloth gt3 seats, keep them. they are better than spg or pp.

sell the cloth one and get leather pair if you prefer leather.
I'm just worried that cloth with retain odor...
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That also means the OEM's wont work either right...? I think when i start to feel more comfortable in the car and start pushing closer to 8/10's + then i'll look into getting a hans compatable seat. Right now most of the my time will be with Brian and i'm sure he'll keep me at a safe speed.

I'm just worried that cloth with retain odor...
They do retain sweat and dirt crap. lol You don't smell odor when you put on the helmet anyway. ROFL. I like the cloth better all because of that colorful Porsche logo near the head.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by datax
They do retain sweat and dirt crap. lol You don't smell odor when you put on the helmet anyway. ROFL. I like the cloth better all because of that colorful Porsche logo near the head.
LOL! I still gotta drive this thing on the street though.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

LOL! I still gotta drive this thing on the street though.
i drive on street with my helmet and hans on
Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 PM
4-large
Racer

What do you have your hands on?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

i drive on street with my helmet and hans on
Ya, but against normalcy you werent born in a traditional hospital, rather you were born on a race track. You came out with a helmet strapped on and your hands at 9 and 3 screaming, "I'm ready, who got next!?"

BTW: Does your wife ever ride with you in the RS?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Ya, but against normalcy you werent born in a traditional hospital, rather you were born on a race track. You came out with a helmet strapped on and your hands at 9 and 3 screaming, "I'm ready, who got next!?"

BTW: Does your wife ever ride with you in the RS?
yes, 2x.
she gets car sick.

she got car sick in my e36/8, barf'd...INSIDE THE CAR needless to say i was not pleased. she bought me a boxster s the next day. and then it's a slippery slope. to prevent further barfing and buying me a ferrari next, she no longer set foot in any of my nice cars.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 4-large
What do you have your hands on?
you are deviant. on wonder you thought roll bar was no good and opted for CAGE. i wonder what you do in there.

i mean i have my helmet and HANS (head and neck protection device) on.... sheesh

btw, you need a HANS like the rest of the blk sheeps.
get them at winecountry motorsport. or livermoreperformance.com
Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 PM
4-large
Racer

Cage hahaha
I just Kid with ya,
I Get the hans this week!

Jerry
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

yes, 2x.
she gets car sick.

she got car sick in my e36/8, barf'd...INSIDE THE CAR needless to say i was not pleased. she bought me a boxster s the next day. and then it's a slippery slope. to prevent further barfing and buying me a ferrari next, she no longer set foot in any of my nice cars.
I love it! But come on who are we fooling, you wouldnt take a Ferrari. You'd probably trade that sucker in the first day you had to buy a Cup car, tow vehicle and trailer.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

she got car sick in my e36/8, barf'd...INSIDE THE CAR needless to say i was not pleased. she bought me a boxster s the next day. and then it's a slippery slope.
You mean to tell me she was the catalyst to your Porsche fiend???
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 PM
4-large
Racer

John wont get Cup unless Eric gets bigger trailer... Erics trailer only big enough for Johns tires

Jerry
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM
itacud
Intermediate

I thought I might, respectfully, throw out a different sort of suggestion to carn3rd, though please consider that this is coming from a 4-wheel track rookie... Especially since you will be tracking your car for the first time, ignore all mods to the car - other than brake fluid - and just focus on the driving instruction. No matter how aggresive a street driver you may have been, this is a different world. A showroom stock GT3 is already an aggressive learning platform. Airbags and seatbelts, in stock seats, will keep you safe with the style of driving you and your instructor will be aiming for. Can't say anything bad about roll bars at all - but give the track a try before buying a custom welded roll bar. I'd also suggest staying off of r-compounds for a while. Some people will say that they don't provide enough feedback, or that they let go too quickly... But in my book, the real downside is that they will rob you of some education. You have to be moving much faster to learn real car control when you have that much grip. They can hide mistakes.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next GGR PCA event! ;-)

(#46)
Old 07-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by itacud
I thought I might, respectfully, throw out a different sort of suggestion to carn3rd, though please consider that this is coming from a 4-wheel track rookie... Especially since you will be tracking your car for the first time, ignore all mods to the car - other than brake fluid - and just focus on the driving instruction. No matter how aggresive a street driver you may have been, this is a different world. A showroom stock GT3 is already an aggressive learning platform. Airbags and seatbelts, in stock seats, will keep you safe with the style of driving you and your instructor will be aiming for. Can't say anything bad about roll bars at all - but give the track a try before buying a custom welded roll bar. I'd also suggest staying off of r-compounds for a while. Some people will say that they don't provide enough feedback, or that they let go too quickly... But in my book, the real downside is that they will rob you of some education. You have to be moving much faster to learn real car control when you have that much grip. They can hide mistakes.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next GGR PCA event! ;-)

(#46)
Hm... I'm not sure how this thread became about giving me advice but i will politely listen.

A couple things though. If the car is going to live at the track why not do a half cage to start? And yes this car will live at the track. Remember this is a GT3 not a C4S, it has no back seats, so there is no use for the room back there other than for a half cage. Also i dont see how sliding around in the stock seats will help improve my driving skills...?

Either way, no where did i mention i was going to use R-compounds in the near future. I'll be running stock tires, stock pads and rotors for the time being. Trust me, i'm in good hands. I've sat down with two PCA instructors and talked with them at length about the best way to go about this but thanks for the advice.

BTW: What does GGR stand for? See you soon Partha

Quick Reply: GT3 v. GT2 offsets