Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Golden Gate Region PCA
Old 07-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
Golden Gate Region PCA
Man, thank you Dell. I've been trying to figure that out for a like month now!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
itacud
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry... diddn't mean to make this an advice thread... I just found this thread when searching for posts on GT2 wheels ;-) There happened to be quite a lot of info on preparing a car for the track, so I just wanted to lend the perspective that even a bone stock car is a pretty useful learning tool on the track... yes, even a C4S! =) Now that the GGR mystery is solved, we'll expect to see you at Thunderhill next month! =) (I just remembered to register.)

Getting back to wheels... I don't know if you've followed my post on 6speedonline, but those GT2 sized E88s are really causing some issues in my front fender well. I am stumped as to why... but, the shop is still trying to make some space in there. I wish there were some good close up pictures of the wheels (turned to full lock) in your old Turbo fender wells, to compare against. Don't happen to have any stashed on a hard drive somewhere, do you?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by carn3rd

BTW: What does GGR stand for? See you soon Partha
btw, find out when the next ground school is.
goto that, then come to TH with GGR
TH is the BEST and probably the ONLY track you should drive on for your first track experience.

i think there will be 8-10 rennlisters there.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by itacud
Sorry... diddn't mean to make this an advice thread... I just found this thread when searching for posts on GT2 wheels ;-) There happened to be quite a lot of info on preparing a car for the track, so I just wanted to lend the perspective that even a bone stock car is a pretty useful learning tool on the track... yes, even a C4S! =) Now that the GGR mystery is solved, we'll expect to see you at Thunderhill next month! =) (I just remembered to register.)

Getting back to wheels... I don't know if you've followed my post on 6speedonline, but those GT2 sized E88s are really causing some issues in my front fender well. I am stumped as to why... but, the shop is still trying to make some space in there. I wish there were some good close up pictures of the wheels (turned to full lock) in your old Turbo fender wells, to compare against. Don't happen to have any stashed on a hard drive somewhere, do you?
No worries. Sorry if my response came off as offensive. I'll definitely you guys there!

Keep me posted on the wheel situation. I'm sorry to hear they are causing so much trouble. No pictures, sorry... But i know for sure they never rubbed...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
btw, find out when the next ground school is.
goto that, then come to TH with GGR
TH is the BEST and probably the ONLY track you should drive on for your first track experience.

i think there will be 8-10 rennlisters there.
I was just going to ask you about that. How do i find out?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

not too man C4s run E88's. are u chasen?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
not too man C4s run E88's. are u chasen?
LOL! No different guy. Hopefully he'll be able to run them... *fingers crossed*
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by carn3rd
I was just going to ask you about that. How do i find out?
it's in here somewhere

http://www.pca-ggr.org/
itacud
Intermediate

Oh darn... I almost forgot about ground school! The next one is just after the August THill TT. Maybe John Seidell can do some private ground schooling? =)

Thunderhill is where I did my first car HPDE... it really is the best track to learn on. I don't know why, but I still have my 2-wheel breakthroughs at Laguna.)
Old 07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Oh darn... I almost forgot about ground school! The next one is just after the August THill TT. Maybe John Seidell can do some private ground schooling? =)

Thunderhill is where I did my first car HPDE... it really is the best track to learn on. I don't know why, but I still have my 2-wheel breakthroughs at Laguna.)
Hm... How do i sign up?

Who is John Seidell?

Edit: Just found out who he is.

Last edited by Carnerd; 07-13-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
4-large
Racer

I think they are doing it at the track that day

http://www.pca-ggr.org/node/146
Home
Getting Started with GGR: Driver's Ed/Time Trialing

For those already familiar with GGR's Ground School requirement we have this news: starting with DE/TT #4, Thunderhill, August 16-17, 2008, an abbreviated Ground School will be held during the DE/TT event itself at the track. There is no need to sign up for GS separately.

Driver's Education/Time Trial is a weekend all-Porsche event at a local road-racing track. We emphasize learning to be a better driver and getting in touch with the high performance side of your Porsche's personality. Safety is emphasized throughout the events from beginning to end.

How To Participate (Summary)

Just want the bottom line* on how to participate? Here you go:

0. You: Join PCA. (Your PCA membership region must be GGR or you will need to become a dual member which is done by paying a nominal annual fee -- see the event application for details.)

1. You: Register for the Event.
Find the event on the calendar and follow the link to the online registration system. Registration usually opens about six weeks prior to an event. Questions? See the online registration FAQ. We recommend that you sign up for email announcements too. Click Here!!!

Hope this Helps

Jerry
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 4-large
I think they are doing it at the track that day

http://www.pca-ggr.org/node/146
Home

For those already familiar with GGR's Ground School requirement we have this news: starting with DE/TT #4, Thunderhill, August 16-17, 2008, an abbreviated Ground School will be held during the DE/TT event itself at the track. There is no need to sign up for GS separately.

Driver's Education/Time Trial is a weekend all-Porsche event at a local road-racing track. We emphasize learning to be a better driver and getting in touch with the high performance side of your Porsche's personality. Safety is emphasized throughout the events from beginning to end.

How To Participate (Summary)

Just want the bottom line* on how to participate? Here you go:

0. You: Join PCA. (Your PCA membership region must be GGR or you will need to become a dual member which is done by paying a nominal annual fee -- see the event application for details.)

1. You: Register for the Event.
Find the event on the calendar and follow the link to the online registration system. Registration usually opens about six weeks prior to an event. Questions? See the online registration FAQ. We recommend that you sign up for email announcements too. Click Here!!!

Hope this Helps

Jerry
I was just reading the same thing! Thanks Jerry
Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Not the Ground School issue again...

Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist