996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 11:29 PM
DRG13
Pro

won't cost you anything, that's between me and Ruf...They are a dealer, would just be like going to any other dealership and trading your car in...
Old 04-17-2008 | 12:25 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

You better buy DRG's car, and RUF makes their transactions flawless!
Old 04-17-2008 | 12:31 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iLLM3
You better buy DRG's car, and RUF makes their transactions flawless!
Man i want to. Gotta see how much a spec car trailer and classes are going to be first
Old 04-18-2008 | 06:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Man i want to. Gotta see how much a spec car trailer and classes are going to be first
if u want fun get gt3
if u want to race get miata.

To b on top 1/3 in SM in CA forget taking classes, do 50 days a year and hire a private coach.

And b prepared to b bored to death at DE unless
u find other miata to okay with
Old 04-18-2008 | 01:27 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
if u want fun get gt3
if u want to race get miata.

To b on top 1/3 in SM in CA forget taking classes, do 50 days a year and hire a private coach.

And b prepared to b bored to death at DE unless
u find other miata to okay with
John, how much is a private coach? And arent spec miata's one seaters?
Old 04-18-2008 | 01:36 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Colby don't you think you are getting a bit over your head?! Not trying to be a dick of course, you know me. Just get a damn car, enjoy it, get some DE's under your belt, learn about these car's and their dynamics and most of all your comfort and skill with a car like a GT3. It's not an easy car to drive which is OBVIOUS, but I don't shun people who want to utilize what they HAVE and try and become a better driver and learner. Having something well beyond their capability and with a cool head not to go beyond their limits so much, will make them progress faster and faster. I mean take this from my experience , and I am NOWHERE near the limits of my GT2.

Racing will come, but it's like trying to become a pro athlete, I feel if that were your path you would have been involved somehow with motorsports, race karting and etc. a much longer time ago, but who am I to say?!
Old 04-18-2008 | 01:53 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Colby don't you think you are getting a bit over your head?! Not trying to be a dick of course, you know me. Just get a damn car, enjoy it, get some DE's under your belt, learn about these car's and their dynamics and most of all your comfort and skill with a car like a GT3. It's not an easy car to drive which is OBVIOUS, but I don't shun people who want to utilize what they HAVE and try and become a better driver and learner. Having something well beyond their capability and with a cool head not to go beyond their limits so much, will make them progress faster and faster. I mean take this from my experience , and I am NOWHERE near the limits of my GT2.

Racing will come, but it's like trying to become a pro athlete, I feel if that were your path you would have been involved somehow with motorsports, race karting and etc. a much longer time ago, but who am I to say?!
Not at all. IMO its never too late to start. I've been waiting to try since i was little, just never had the time or funds. Look at most pro drivers. With the exception of F1 most are over 35. Like DRG13 said, "Lots of practice, coaching and Skip school for licensing..Best case scenario you'll see me next year in a couple MX-5 Pro Cup events...Worst case scenario I'll have a permanent smile on my face"

And finding the right car is like starting with good equipment in any sport. It'd be darn hard to start playing tennis with a wooden racket no matter how long you play with it.
Old 04-18-2008 | 02:07 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Not at all. IMO its never too late to start. I've been waiting to try since i was little, just never had the time or funds. Look at most pro drivers. With the exception of F1 most are over 35. Like DRG13 said, "Lots of practice, coaching and Skip school for licensing..Best case scenario you'll see me next year in a couple MX-5 Pro Cup events...Worst case scenario I'll have a permanent smile on my face"

And finding the right car is like starting with good equipment in any sport. It'd be darn hard to start playing tennis with a wooden racket no matter how long you play with it.
I know and see where you are coming from, I mean from the past year I have people all of the time say your younger, you have talent and should consider it seriously. To me it's not feasible, it's an enjoyment but you are right, who in the hell knows, practice makes perfect eh?! (not really, but.. you get the idea) lol

I'm doing the same as well, I just feel start already, you wont get it perfect off the bat, no one ever will as far as a car you will LOVE, a setup with your car or anything that pertains to LIFE.

Take your time though of course, it's just you are letting up on some amazing deals/GT3's, but I understand you still have your turbo. Put's you in a rough spot, same thing happened to me and those who wait patiently, get what they want in the end.

Good luck buddy.
Old 04-18-2008 | 02:26 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

I know and see where you are coming from, I mean from the past year I have people all of the time say your younger, you have talent and should consider it seriously. To me it's not feasible, it's an enjoyment but you are right, who in the hell knows, practice makes perfect eh?! (not really, but.. you get the idea) lol
That's great. Right now i'm trying to figure out if it's feasible.

I'm doing the same as well, I just feel start already, you wont get it perfect off the bat, no one ever will as far as a car you will LOVE, a setup with your car or anything that pertains to LIFE.
No intention of getting it perfect right of the bat at all. Like i said just trying to start with the right equipment now so i dont end up wasting funds that could have been used better late.

Take your time though of course, it's just you are letting up on some amazing deals/GT3's, but I understand you still have your turbo. Put's you in a rough spot, same thing happened to me and those who wait patiently, get what they want in the end.
I havent passed on any opportunities. The simple fact of the matter is that i simply cant afford another 75k car without moving the Turbo. In all the cases where i "passed" on GT3's none would take a deposit to hold the car for me.
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:30 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

mx cup

To run a few races is one thing
a winning team us at least 100,000 out of ur pocket
Old 04-19-2008 | 01:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

mooty- only a 100k? lol
Old 04-19-2008 | 08:14 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

here is a simple rule of thumb... and no matter what anyone will you... doesnt matter the car the HP of car the one thing you need ....

seat time seat time seat time....
Old 04-19-2008 | 12:29 PM
DRG13
Pro

Amen 930
Old 04-20-2008 | 07:03 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
mooty- only a 100k? lol
i dont want to scare myself too much.
why do you think i am not racing!!!
got to save for my retirement
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:43 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont want to scare myself too much.
why do you think i am not racing!!!
got to save for my retirement
LOL. So how much are private coaches? Could i just get a two seater and have Brian Lee help me start?

Quick Reply: WTB: GT3