Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:59 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish i had some videos from the outside..!!!!!!! it is pretty amazing sounding so im told... it has an exhaust note!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

i think for most the RS would be more rewarding... but to me it is more a personal goal to learn to drive the GT2 fast ... everyone told me it was to hard to drive ,,, wasnt going to be able to drive it fast " black widow" hence why i tried to find a Black one ...lol.... lil play on the drama... i think it could very well be a sub 2;00 car at VIR wich is moving i can promise that... i may not be the one to be abe to do it but the oppurtunity is there...

out of the box the 6 gt3 stock to stock is a easier car to drive ... they both need set up work..

the 997 was a simple car to drive and easy car to drive fast *orsche hit there mark on that car... my choice was everyone was getting 997 gt3s... i just wanted something different
Old 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carn3rd
And in all fairness then... How many 6 or 7 3's didnt you go around?

BTW, what kind of suspension setup are you guys (Matt and Martin) running?
Matt's car is far from a race car, swapped out drivers seats, some cup car components with his Moton's, good power and overall setup but just about full weight without bare metal interior... HE is key to that car, running 2 flat at VIR in that thing was mind blowing, and then him saying that it's a sub 2 second car which is all cup car status...

Both of us are running Moton's. I am not sure which components he added though, I amr unning the 800/1000 Moton's with solid mounts and a few other things, one thing I need to do is the solid toe links which Matt said will help greatly in a few parts that I felt uneasy !

Matt please send me a PM with your suspension components and what you think i'll like to add!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by 930man
i wish i had some videos from the outside..!!!!!!! it is pretty amazing sounding so im told... it has an exhaust note!
It does sound amazing, I was shocked at how different from videos online it was!!

Colby here is me flying by, love my RUF exhaust!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Br1CK_edQ
Old 03-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

i think for most the RS would be more rewarding... but to me it is more a personal goal to learn to drive the GT2 fast ... everyone told me it was to hard to drive ,,, wasnt going to be able to drive it fast " black widow" hence why i tried to find a Black one ...lol.... lil play on the drama... i think it could very well be a sub 2;00 car at VIR wich is moving i can promise that... i may not be the one to be abe to do it but the oppurtunity is there...

out of the box the 6 gt3 stock to stock is a easier car to drive ... they both need set up work..

the 997 was a simple car to drive and easy car to drive fast *orsche hit there mark on that car... my choice was everyone was getting 997 gt3s... i just wanted something different
That's awesome.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Matt's car is far from a race car, swapped out drivers seats, some cup car components with his Moton's, good power and overall setup but just about full weight without bare metal interior... HE is key to that car, running 2 flat at VIR in that thing was mind blowing, and then him saying that it's a sub 2 second car which is all cup car status...
Well, while his car is pretty close to full weight it still has a greater hp to lb ratio. If knowledge serves me correctly, i believe Cup cars weight about 2500lbs and have roughly 420bhp, where Matt's car (with the aforementioned stuff) is about 3100 hp and has roughly 600bhp on race gas. This leaves the Cup with about 6lbs per hp where Matt's car run about 5lbs per hp. While i know that Cup gearing is more suited to racing its not hard to see why he's able to run low 2's. Although i must admit, to do this he definitely must be one heck of a driver.

BTW, have you spoken with Suman recently? I pm'ed a couple weeks ago about his exhaust and he responded right away.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

i wish i had some videos from the outside..!!!!!!!
Me too!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,301 Likes on 615 Posts

there are a pair of guys who run their modded GT2s at the local track, very aggressively and very hard. it's fun to try and catch them in my RS. Driving my over 500HP 993, having to use much different throttle control because of the boost kick in sure is fun but the mistake window is as mooty says much different on a turbo car. I'm not good enough to do this in a gt2 yet, but am much more comfortable in my gt3 due to the linear power delivery.

996GT3 is a great platform, and once you're fast in that you can probably be fast in anything else, as long as you keep learning.

Driver is really important, but so is the proper alignment...a proper set up on a car makes a HUGE difference. I'd love to track a GT2 with the right alignment- they're BEASTS! I can't wait to see people who get the new ones out on the tarmac this summer/fall.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

hell with the new ones... drivers are the old ones!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

hell with the new ones... drivers are the old ones!
Agreed, Matt PM me buddy, I need to get my suspension in order before Pocono's
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

ok ilm i will do

Quick Reply: Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)