Sponsored by:

Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:24 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06
We tried to sort out the GT2 but gave up..he was tired of throwing money at it... what did they do and who revalved your Moton CS shocks?
What kind of spring rates are you running?
Then the shop doing it sucked or there was something wrong with the car, what else can be said? My shop did my car in a week, and was nothing even MAJORLY done, just tweaking/new alignment/corner weight/balancing... I didn't even have solid end links and the car didn't throw me off with "wallow" one bit, the car is incredible and I believe I am running the 800/1000 setup!

Your car doesn't have to be bone breaking stiff to know it's doing its job/working!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Then the shop doing it sucked or there was something wrong with the car, what else can be said? My shop did my car in a week, and was nothing even MAJORLY done, just tweaking/new alignment/corner weight/balancing... I didn't even have solid end links and the car didn't throw me off with "wallow" one bit, the car is incredible and I believe I am running the 800/1000 setup!

Your car doesn't have to be bone breaking stiff to know it's doing its job/working!
look at GMG for example they have won witht there street gt2, gt2 rocks
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
I know man, I can't believe i wanted to sell this thing either!!! My car around the course was solid and so predictable in every way, having the low clearance/hardly any lag turbos and LWFW and clutch from RUF, the power and throttle response was easy to modulate and just spot on perfect with power through and out of the corners, I was going WOT coming out with the back end just planted!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iLLM3
I know man, I can't believe i wanted to sell this thing either!!! My car around the course was solid and so predictable in every way, having the low clearance/hardly any lag turbos and LWFW and clutch from RUF, the power and throttle response was easy to modulate and just spot on perfect with power through and out of the corners, I was going WOT coming out with the back end just planted!
Yes

they are the best if you can handel them, they are god stock but with some modds they are wounderful
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
I would guess you have not driven a stock GT2, it's Cadilac soft compared to a GT3, even with the Moton CS 600/800 it was soft. The only problem I had driving it was a leg cramp from the clutch in heavy traffic. I have driven a few 6GT2's and they have been no "Cadilac's" compared to the 6GT3's I have driven so I really have no idea what you are talking about.
Your right the share the almost exact chassis...now the difference is the extra weight on the rear and the Turbo vs. NA. Which is compensated by stiffer springs in the rear on the "2". Big difference, you do not have to be a pro in a GT3 to go fast...can't say the same for the Widow maker..and it's got nothing to do with HP & TQ. Nope, an average driver (non "pro") makes up for lost time on straight sections and will still be faster in a "2" than in a "3", a good driver will be a fraction slower in a "3" than in a "2" as he/she will make up for lost time in the turns but loose out on the straights. I would also disagree and say that the 6GT3 is not an easy car to go fast in for the average Joe.
Ciao,

J.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

amusing thread.... ... if you dont have one typically you beat them up... thinking on how many GT3s i went around this weekend???? was it one? or 12??? i cant remember... 6's or 7's or both??..lmao
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by 930man
amusing thread.... ... if you dont have one typically you beat them up... thinking on how many GT3s i went around this weekend???? was it one? or 12??? i cant remember... 6's or 7's or both??..lmao
Hahahahaha that's for damn sure!!!! I feel bad, I made this Cobalt 997 GT3 spin I was pressing him so hard, well we all know driver is the biggest factor... Me and Jenk12 in his 997 GT3 went out on the track, and I never saw him, but saw every other car in our group like twice too funny!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
I am sorry to offend you, maybe your correct...a highly skilled to Pro driver could drive a GT2 fast.
The owner of this GT2 is a regional racer who has turned 1.25 at Mosport on Toyos with his 01 Z06. He can drive.
He had installed Motons CS toe links, tried several types of tires and it was set up by a local Grand Am team.
Compared to my GT3 you would have to be a very experienced and skilled driver to go fast in a GT2, it so much easier to go fast in my 6GT3 then his GT2.

For him, in the end it was a very costly mistake to get the GT2 over the GT3.
So to read between the lines, he can drive his Z06 but he doesn't know how to drive a GT2 and therefore has to bash it...

I guess 911s are not for everyone, huh?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts

Reminds me of an old saying....

Just because YOU drive a GT2 - Desn't make YOU a GT2 Driver!

or

All the gear - NO IDEA!

Simon.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Well, in all fairness GMG's 2 is pretty much a race car (700+ hp, FULL race suspension, etc...) and James is literally a pro driver.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

And in all fairness then... How many 6 or 7 3's didnt you go around?

BTW, what kind of suspension setup are you guys (Matt and Martin) running?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Well, in all fairness GMG's 2 is pretty much a race car (700+ hp, FULL race suspension, etc...) and James is literally a pro driver.
That i will not say, a gt2 setuped nice with some mods only
Old 03-18-2008, 07:55 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carn3rd
And in all fairness then... How many 6 or 7 3's didnt you go around?

BTW, what kind of suspension setup are you guys (Matt and Martin) running?
to be fair.. i do have a nice set up... i was really kidding ...however, my car is very well sorted... Motons and different uprights
... i doubt stock it would be nearly as fast! it was my first weekend in the car ever, i do have alot to learn about the car and its different handeling..
and to be even more on the level i drove cups for two years and been driving a 996 gt3 and 997 gt3 for quite some time.. so i have lil exp. in them.

no i dont think a comparibly modded Gt3 i would be as fast as the gt2, with some more seat time in it... i only drove the 2 on the track this one time and only had it in my garage for two weeks...

the other answer im pretty sure is 0... but it is a big track with alot of drivers .. there is always someone faster than you... no matter what
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

to be fair.. i do have a nice set up... i was really kidding ...however, my car is very well sorted... Motons and different uprights
... i doubt stock it would be nearly as fast! it was my first weekend in the car ever, i do have alot to learn about the car and its different handeling..
and to be even more on the level i drove cups for two years and been driving a 996 gt3 and 997 gt3 for quite some time.. so i have lil exp. in them.
Owning both, which do you feel is/was more rewarding between your 6GT2 and 7 RS?

no i dont think a comparibly modded Gt3 i would be as fast as the gt2, with some more seat time in it... i only drove the 2 on the track this one time and only had it in my garage for two weeks...
Make sense, same chassis, equal drivers, close weight, same suspension set up, the car with more power will be faster. Just different learning curves.

the other answer im pretty sure is 0... but it is a big track with alot of drivers .. there is always someone faster than you... no matter what
Great way to live. I suppose it just comes down to what type of power you feel to be more rewarding. Also what's been done 2 motor wise? Have you added anything besides your GIAC Hammer programming, exhaust and DV's (which i believe put you close to 600 bhp on race gas)? I suppose with that much power a lot of the opposition doesnt stand a chance.

And, to my knowledge the GT3 is much more trackable out of the box. To cope with the power and big low end torque of the 2 the suspension needs reworking. I believe both you and Martin run Motons (which i also ran on my Turbo), so you know they can be quite the pretty penny.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

O' and we need fly-by clips of that WC-GT exhaust asap! Show the GT3 boys that we can bring the noise (or music in this case) just as hard!

Quick Reply: Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)