Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 930man
Ahmet....

they can all be driven quickly.. i think the gt3 would be a better car for someone starting out with some track exp. under their belt ... neith car is a good choice for the novice... or for the faint of heart...
930 i see that you have an RS in your sig as well. How does the driving experience between the two (6 GT2 v 7 RS) compare on and off track? I know the 6 GT2 is probably faster but which is more rewarding to drive per say?

BTW i heard you have GMG's WC-GT system on that 2. You wouldnt happen to have any sound clips would ya?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
The 996 GT2 is a good daily driver, not very good at the track, soft and unstable..GT3 is better track car, a little bumpy on the road.
My friend sold his 6GT2 for a 997 GT3.

What a load of crap. 6GT2 as a daily driver, you got to be kidding!? Neither one is a daily driver in my opinion. 6GT3 and 6GT2 share almost the exact same chassi and the only reason why the "2" shouldn't be good at the track, depends 100% on driver skills and has nothing to do with the car.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on where one lives and the roads. Mine is a daily but if I lived and worked in San Francisco I do not think I would do it. Now, if I lived in Half Moon Bay and worked in San Mateo or Redwood City that would be a good thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLM3
You do not know what you are talking about!!!

I'm at the track (VIR) with my RUF GT2, 930 Man with his and we are both tearing it up within our run groups (Matt pulled a 2:01 which is UNREAL).. These car's are HIGHLY capable, and confidence inspiring when properly setup, i'm sick and tired of people with NO EXPERIENCE OR SKILL, giving and voicing their opinions which are non factual!
I am sorry to offend you, maybe your correct...a highly skilled to Pro driver could drive a GT2 fast.
The owner of this GT2 is a regional racer who has turned 1.25 at Mosport on Toyos with his 01 Z06. He can drive.
He had installed Motons CS toe links, tried several types of tires and it was set up by a local Grand Am team.
Compared to my GT3 you would have to be a very experienced and skilled driver to go fast in a GT2, it so much easier to go fast in my 6GT3 then his GT2.

For him, in the end it was a very costly mistake to get the GT2 over the GT3.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
What a load of crap. 6GT2 as a daily driver, you got to be kidding!? Neither one is a daily driver in my opinion. 6GT3 and 6GT2 share almost the exact same chassi and the only reason why the "2" shouldn't be good at the track, depends 100% on driver skills and has nothing to do with the car.
I would guess you have not driven a stock GT2, it's Cadilac soft compared to a GT3, even with the Moton CS 600/800 it was soft. The only problem I had driving it was a leg cramp from the clutch in heavy traffic.

Your right the share the almost exact chassis...now the difference is the extra weight on the rear and the Turbo vs. NA. Big difference, you do not have to be a pro in a GT3 to go fast...can't say the same for the Widow maker..and it's got nothing to do with HP & TQ.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z06
I am sorry to offend you, maybe your correct...a highly skilled to Pro driver could drive a GT2 fast.
The owner of this GT2 is a regional racer who has turned 1.25 at Mosport on Toyos with his 01 Z06. He can drive.
He had installed Motons CS toe links, tried several types of tires and it was set up by a local Grand Am team.
Compared to my GT3 you would have to be a very experienced and skilled driver to go fast in a GT2, it so much easier to go fast in my 6GT3 then his GT2.

It more reflect the driver then the car, the gt2 is ALOT faster period...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z06
I would guess you have not driven a stock GT2, it's Cadilac soft compared to a GT3, even with the Moton CS 600/800 it was soft. The only problem I had driving it was a leg cramp from the clutch in heavy traffic.

Your right the share the almost exact chassis...now the difference is the extra weight on the rear and the Turbo vs. NA. Big difference, you do not have to be a pro in a GT3 to go fast...can't say the same for the Widow maker..and it's got nothing to do with HP & TQ.

Thats BS

Yo do not know the fact, check up the fact berfore you talk
Old 03-17-2008, 03:42 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06

they are hard to drive fast...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06

EXACTLY, DRIVER IS THE LIMITING FACTOR, does not mean the GT2 is a bad/inferior car, this was my first time out at VIR in my GT2, first time on Toyo 888's, first time with my reworked Moton Set and so on. Took me the first day to get use to the car/track, by day 3 I was lapping my blue group until I went white, and was then pulling consistent 2:12's and I think I grabbed a 2:11 but have to get my friends traqmate data, and this was all done within my comfort level! 930 man for comparison ran a 2 FLAT, that is unreal and to think the 2:12 is impressive too many people as well, that's in a different universe LOL!

BTW Matt was nice meeting you again, and Colby his GMG exhaust is UNREAL in person, similar note to my RUF exhaust and not just turbos spooling, sounds and looks quality!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Thats BS

Yo do not know the fact, check up the fact berfore you talk
Explain what you mean by BS and look up what??

On the street and at Mosport I drove a stock and modded 6GT2 back to back with a stock and my modded 6GT3.
We all found the stock GT2 soft as compared to the GT3..You can mod a GT2 into a stone if that's what you mean??
Old 03-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iLLM3
EXACTLY, DRIVER IS THE LIMITING FACTOR, does not mean the GT2 is a bad/inferior car, this was my first time out at VIR in my GT2, first time on Toyo 888's, first time with my reworked Moton Set and so on. Took me the first day to get use to the car/track, by day 3 I was lapping my blue group until I went white, and was then pulling consistent 2:12's and I think I grabbed a 2:11 but have to get my friends traqmate data, and this was all done within my comfort level! 930 man for comparison ran a 2 FLAT, that is unreal and to think the 2:12 is impressive too many people as well, that's in a different universe LOL!

BTW Matt was nice meeting you again, and Colby his GMG exhaust is UNREAL in person, similar note to my RUF exhaust and not just turbos spooling, sounds and looks quality!
We tried to sort out the GT2 but gave up..he was tired of throwing money at it... what did they do and who revalved your Moton CS shocks?
What kind of spring rates are you running?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z06
Explain what you mean by BS and look up what??

On the street and at Mosport I drove a stock and modded 6GT2 back to back with a stock and my modded 6GT3.
We all found the stock GT2 soft as compared to the GT3..You can mod a GT2 into a stone if that's what you mean??
I know the fact, i know what spring rates the gt2 and the gt3 runs and soft is a yoke when the runt the same rates just the gt2 has a harder spring in the rear so it impossible its softer, maybe your gt2 was a wrecked trached one
Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 930man
they are hard to drive fast...

Yes they are

My friends says my car is undrivable but i run like 5 se faster then them, so its all in the driver seat
Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
I know the fact, i know what spring rates the gt2 and the gt3 runs and soft is a yoke when the runt the same rates just the gt2 has a harder spring in the rear so it impossible its softer, maybe your gt2 was a wrecked trached one

Thanks...Makes sense now..it must have been a trashed GT2.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z06
Thanks...Makes sense now..it must have been a trashed GT2.
Or the shocks where shot

Quick Reply: Chassis Comparision (GT2 and GT3)