Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:10 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Oh gawd.

How many hours did you spend cutting and pasting? Have you driven an E30 M3, E36 M3 and E46 M3 on track, at speed, near/at the limit? If so, you wouldn't be asking the question. Hint: the E46 weighs. . . oh nevermind.

I'm done.
yep, he's pretty pathetic. i just feel sorry for the guy who started this thread. all he wanted was some experienced advice which many of us have given based on ownership and driving experience (vs. magazine bench racing). then you get trolls like this clown whose very masculinity is called into question when their car is since their fragile ego is so tightly tied to it.

i've owned the stradale, E36 and 46 M3s and have done a fair amount of GT3 driving and stand by my comments which are merely my opinion based upon my experience with the cars rather than reading some magazines and watching some TV reviews.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:17 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bugsy , eh , Benny , elitists know it all rennlist apostels like you make perfect role models.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
frayed
Race Car

I've long since given up arguing with the misinformed b/c
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

The M troll returns with more sage wisdom.

All hail the M troll.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Moogle
Race Car

wow this thread is lasting longer than it should ever have
Old 04-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

And attracting trolls like flies to BMW's.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

i can't speak for others. but anyone who thinks e46 is better than e36, other than more hp needs to learn how to drive properly... just b/c it's new doens't mean it's any better. a 1990 miata is a hell lot better than many cars here. and guess what, it handles a lot better than my gt3....

who cares which car is better, if you like bimmers, great, you can buy e30m3, e36m3 and e46me and imporant a CSL or better yet get a PTG V8 M3, that will run circle even around cup cars... put you money where your mouth is.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mooty
I can't speak for others. But anyone who thinks e46 is better than e36, other than more hp needs to learn how to drive properly...
Righttttt… I should learn how to drive properly. To hear it from the “Team Zen Master/Director of "Unsanctioned" Track Event”, whatever that is, I really feel that I need more seat-time.

I really don’t want to sounds like Mr. I’ve-had-Stradale-and-now-I-have-a-CarreraGT and ask if you own (or have owned, excuse me, have acquired) a E46 M3?

Originally Posted by mooty
Just b/c it's new doesn’t mean it's any better.
Righttttt… the next 997 GT3 will not be better than yours. Do you not believe in progress of Engineering and material science? With all due respect, because you are getting older and slower doesn’t mean that a new model is not an improvement.

Have you driven an E30 M3, E36 M3 and E46 M3 on track, at speed, near/at the limit?
Do you care to post your times when your were at your limit on those cars? Can you tell me the track you visits frequently? Could you come and share your “at the limit” driving on the S14.net ? Perhaps you have some good inputs on the technical background for how to reach the limit? Please.

Hint: the E46 weighs. . . oh nevermind.
How much do you weight? Throw in your height if you have to.

The cars are getting heavier at the same time they are getting larger and more powerful. It is true for most of the major car manufacturers, if not all. There is no point arguing about it. If you know how to drive like Mooty, i.e., “drive properly” you wouldn’t be complaining about the “weight” of the car.

Oh gawd. How many hours did you spend cutting and pasting?
Originally Posted by ben in lj
yep, he's pretty pathetic.
Great! I took what you wrote with respect and took time to reply with my opinion, and all you can say is for me to shut up?

Did I ever said anything about your carS that is disrespectful or compare them with cars that are faster or “better”? I did not say anything that took away something form all the cars out there.

You all, do or allegedly own cars that, the 99% of the world can only dream of. I am in that 99% and I am doing as best as I could to “earn” a 996 GT3.

What really pathetic would be is that you bought a Carrera GT or a Modena Stradale or a GT3 because you kept blaming on your equipments for your lack of hard work in becoming a better driver on the track. Or even worse, to impress others?

If you really getting hurt from what I have said, I do apologize. I do enjoyed this discussion while it lasted.

I too am done!

P.S. Hey Jeff, My best wishes to you that you may never have to deal with the less fortunate children. God bless you and your family. And I do mean it with sincerity.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
SPR
Drifting

Assuming you are taking shots at Ben in LJ's driving skill I can attest to his expertise through his blown 996, stradale, and now CGT, and because of which I greatly value his opinion as well as anyone else with such broad experience. What is with all the low blows? If you cannot rebut an argument your emotion concedes it, and renders you as Ben said, pathetic. I assume from your lack of posts that you are from M boards? Go ahead and stay there. The purpose of this forum and ideally all is for the free exchange of helpful posts not bench racing and mud slinging.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:21 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Tell me mr. Pole, what rubber does the CSL run?
That sounds gay. Not you, Mr. Pole.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

And here I thought the weather in most of the world was great for good, long drives with our favorite cars. This thread sounds like one from the dead of winter when no one can drive.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Gentlemen - and I use the term loosely - please, take three deep breaths. This thread has gotten ugly. There is nothing wrong with anyone thinking that a certain car is faster or better than another. The "better" part is subjective. The faster part is theoretically objective but nearly impossible to prove since you need two car with equal drivers, equal set ups on the same track at the same time.

There is however, no excuse for getting ugly about differing opinions. This thread is starting to look like some of the romper-room nonsense in Off Topic.
Let's go back to being friends irrespective of how we feel about the other guy's opinion.

regards,
Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
WULF
Instructor

Righttttt… the next 997 GT3 will not be better than yours.

Funny I thought that about the Mk2. Just kidding. I thought this thread was a bit dull and needed livening up. No really... no...no... don't shoot...(runs off puts on his flame suit and hides...)
Old 04-21-2005, 11:13 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

WOW! I go out of town for a few days (racing the Miata) and you guys throw it down!

So, help me out some more - I've really been thinking about getting an 05 M3, but the local dealer doesn't have one in stock. Today I drove a friends 02 with 50K on it. It felt nice except the steering, pretty soft and mushy power steering and what felt like a little play in the wheel/front end. You know like that old American car feeling - drifting down the road, always moving the wheel to keep it going straight. A bit diconnected.

I will say this car doesn't look like it has been kept up real well so maybe the front end is out of whack - or are they all like this?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:34 AM
SPR
Drifting

Well the front end has electric adjusted steering. I bet you didn't drive it is sport mode which lessens the addition-

Quick Reply: GT3 vs. M3 comparisons???