Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stonewalled by PCNA "Customer Commitment"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:37 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stonewalled by PCNA "Customer Commitment"...

Just thought I would run this past you guys to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Bought the car in January.
Car was driving like a truck with oversize tires.
Clunking became so violent I that I brought it in to Jhonson's Alignment.
Found a bolt was missing from front sway and alignment way out of spec.
Went ahead and had Jhonson's do the alignment and corner balence.
Read on forum that many have been reimbursed by PCNA for this problem.
PCNA says they will not reimburse for work not done at a Porsche dealership.
PCNA guy gave me name of Head of Cust. Comm. but refuses to give phone #.
Told me the guy is in the Atlanta office but again refused to give # of office.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

-db

Last edited by db_gt3; 03-03-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,173 Likes on 625 Posts

Hate to say it but I think your screwed. The part about not giving you the phone# is pure BS!! sorry carl
Old 03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

How do you figure I'm screwed? Do you know where I can find the number of the Atlanta office? Do you have any experience with this?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:13 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, you have to go to a certified Porsche Dealership (or shop) for warranty work. Forget calling PCNA, why have the hassel?? You've actually saved yourself some time, as most dealers never get the alignment correct and you would still had to have it re-aligned at Johnson's.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

I do have one more card to play:

The dealer is responsible for delivering the car to the customer within spec and without things falling off of it. I have not turned in their coveted survey yet. Perhaps I could twist the sales managers arm for reimbursement. Unless he wants all zeros on the survey where condition of vehicle upon delivery is concerned.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
vegasgolf98
Racer

I agree with Metal Solid. I had the dealer realign (they paid, but I only had 600 miles on it). Then I had Kent at Premier check it out and it had to be done all over again - wasn't even close to being right. Just take it to a good shop, bite the bullet and be done with it. It is a cost of owning the car.

BTW, MS can you make our track event posted elsewhere? Fred said to save a spot for you.

Last edited by vegasgolf98; 03-03-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:32 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

I already took it to a good shop and bit the bullet at about 300 miles. I have read here that many have been reimbursed by PCNA even when having had the work done at an independent shop.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Highly unlikely that they'll reimburse you. It opens too many doors for others to get reimbursed for stuff not handled at the dealer and I'm sure the dealer gets paid by PCNA at a cut rate anyhow. Lesson learned.

I had the exact same issues and took it to the dealer for that reason. (I'm lucky as my dealer has a high-end Beissbarth machine and does a very good job with alignments.)
Old 03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry db, I have to agree with the others -- just bite the bullet and be happy that you got a great alignment from Steve's shop. In fact, not only is it unlikely you'll get reimbursed by PCNA, IMHO, you have no legal right/entitlement to reimbursement. If I read your first post correctly, you never gave the Porsche/dealer network an opportunity to fix the problem.

As for playing the dealer survey card, I doubt that it would redound to your benefit in the long term (even assuming arguendo it worked for this matter). There are a number of situations where a decision to do warranty work is subject to some dealer discretion -- they can be your friend or play it strictly according to the book. I won't want to screw up my future relationship with an otherwise good dealer over something this minor.

Just my 2 cents and probably worth less.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't disagree with Jack but think that your approach would be critical. Holding the survey over their heads is a bit much. Just tell them the situation and ask for some consideration, maybe your next oil change on them or something similar. If you back them into a corner they will remember that next time you need a favor or special treatment. My .0005cents.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by db_gt3
I do have one more card to play:

The dealer is responsible for delivering the car to the customer within spec and without things falling off of it. I have not turned in their coveted survey yet. Perhaps I could twist the sales managers arm for reimbursement. Unless he wants all zeros on the survey where condition of vehicle upon delivery is concerned.
I have to reiterate, don't cut off you nose to spite your face, turn-in the survey truthfully and keep your cards for when you really need 'em - like for new rotors or free rentals.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

db-gt3 - I've been moderating this forum for quite a while and while nearly all of us have had loose sway bars and bad alignments as delivered, I don't recall many if any at all, saying they got the dealer to pay for an alignment done elsewhere. MetalSolid is giving you good advice.

best,
Old 03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,173 Likes on 625 Posts

As i said your screwed. sorry carl
Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll try Fishman's route. Better to not be a hard ***. Even though I will never bring the car for service at the dealer I got it from. I figure if they are not pro-active enough to go through the suspension bolts upon delivery, why would they be any more thorough on anything else.

Perhaps I misread the posts where guys got reimbursed. Could be they all went to the dealer.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:35 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you bring your in-warranty car to a shop other than a Porsche shop, especially one this new?

Quick Reply: Stonewalled by PCNA "Customer Commitment"...