Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stonewalled by PCNA "Customer Commitment"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, you catch more bees with honey. I think you should have probably gone to the dealer for help first. Also, unless you have choices of a few dealers to handle your future warranty needs, you might reconsider your thoughts on the survey card issue. I found out one of the front shipping blocks was never removed from my GT2 by the first delivery dealer. I contacted them.................they are under new ownership now and have no responsibility to the problem.............but did reimburse my local dealer for the cost to remove simply because I approached them in a polite way. Granted it was not a $ 300 fix...........just a point. Regardless of the outcome..................at least try the polite game...........it might just work. If not, you have lost nothing. Write it off and go out and enjoy the car!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:55 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

PTEC and others,

Now I am torn. I'm thinking that I should just eat the cost of the alignment and use the survey as a bargaining chip for a set of new rotors for when I wear mine out. It's a higher price item than the alignment and, considering the time I have now put in, I think I've got it coming to me. It would make it time better spent IMO. As I have no plans to bring my baby in to the point of sale dealership for service, and their sales department has a lot to lose if they dont make me happy, it looks like I could be "in the drivers seat" on this one (so to speak).

Thoughts?

-db
Old 03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
HAMMER502
Instructor

I'm not going to say that you have nothing coming to you for your time and money spent on the alignment,but to not give the dealer first crack at fixing the problem was a bit wrong.If you didn't give them the chance to correct it first how do you feel you can bargain for a new set of rotors(which if warped under warranty should be replaced in my experience).I would try the easygoing approach for a yearly service and possibly a detail,but if i were the dealer not given the chance and then confronted with the hardball approach i'd tell you to take a leap.this is just my opinion and we all know what they are like.

Quick Reply: Stonewalled by PCNA "Customer Commitment"...