GT2 Carbon Rear Wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:31 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts
Question GT2 Carbon Rear Wing

I received my car back from the dealer with new carbon rear wing today. The carbon fibre weave has a seam that runs from side to side. In other words they took the last sheet of the weave and ended it on top of the wing, instead of the bottom, where the seam would not show up.. Every time I look at it from the drivers side you see the seem all the way across. From the passenger side it does not show up.

Does anyone else have the wing and do you have such a seam in there wing?

What would you do?

1. No worries?
2. Ask the dealer to replace it?

Thanks,

JCM
Old 01-03-2005, 05:36 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I've seen 3 and they had no seam. I wouldnt want to have it like that. I'd get another one.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:55 PM
GuyR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres no seam on mine and it would look ugly in my opinion.

Guy
Old 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

defective i would say.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

For what they charge, you should be happy with it. Make them replace it.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:06 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well my carbon wing problems continue. It took Porsche 4 weeks to send a replacement to the one ith a seam. I was called by the dealer today to come pick up my car with the new wing, which they said was perfect. When I arrive I noticed a 1.5" by 1/2" wide scratch on the drivers side. I pointed it out to the service rep and he just looked at it and said "let me get the parts manager". Now this wing was unwrapped at Porsche in Germany and shipped to Atlanta, opened and there and shipped and arrived in CA, all perfect and 2 hours on the car it was scratched before I could drive away.

The Service rep offered to send it to the body shop and buff it out, but it was going to be another week. This has been going on since before Christmas! I said at this point just put my old wing back on and refund my money. Which they agreed to do.

I then got a call late today saying my car was not ready, as one of the wing scoop covers (removed to replace the wing) was cracked by the tech and now they need to get a new one, get it painted before they can fix the car. They said "only a few days". So 2 months of BS for nothing, good thing I have another car! What a waste of time and very frustrating to be willing to pay and still not being able to get what you want.

I get home tonight and there is my exact car with wing and the mirros in the new Excellence, insult to injury!

JCM
Old 02-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Moogle
Race Car

incompetant dealers.. ugh.

be patient and courteous, they should know that they f*cked up and should try to fix it to your satisfaction.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:51 AM
RayGT3
Burning Brakes

I've had similar experiences with sending CF parts back to Germany. Bought door sills, they arrived both in the same box with a couple of pieces of news paper to supposedly protect them. You can guess the condition. They seem to have no clue how to ship this incredablly expensive carbon fiber.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am always nice, but I have simply lost interest in the parts after such a long time frame. The stock wing in fine and it doesn't really weigh any more than the CF one.

JCM
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 AM
vegasgolf98
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that the good independent shops are much more caring for your car than a dealer. The wing bolt cover is very easy to chip, but they should know that and take extra care.

Quick Reply: GT2 Carbon Rear Wing