Sponsored by:

WTB: Enthusiast looking for a nice 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 08:13 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
Craig, you ever feel the urge to get back into a 6-3? Each time I sold it took about 3 months to realize my mistake!
Hi Scott, not really
but
If one of the two they made in Zanzibar red with PCCBs come sup for sale, i may change my mind. :-)

Originally Posted by Malloy

Nice one! Te37s?
No, Te37SL
:-)
The following users liked this post:
Malloy (07-26-2023)
Old 07-27-2023, 02:20 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Why do miles matter?
To each their own, I guess, but miles are the last thing you should worry about. I would look a the owner/owners and see how it was taken care of.
The following 4 users liked this post by JesusFast:
Marv (07-27-2023), philrob1 (07-28-2023), Sirenty (07-27-2023), TurboCup87 (12-25-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 12:17 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JesusFast
Why do miles matter?
To each their own, I guess, but miles are the last thing you should worry about. I would look a the owner/owners and see how it was taken care of.
Id say the same about first paint too...cars are going to be 20+ years old and used. Since when was it considered detrimental to repaint the front end to get rid of stone chips...
mistermct (02-15-2024)
Old 07-28-2023, 02:06 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by philrob1
Id say the same about first paint too...cars are going to be 20+ years old and used. Since when was it considered detrimental to repaint the front end to get rid of stone chips...
I agree. I would much rather have a mid-mileage car that has a resprayed front end than one that is all peppered with rock chips. I can see all original paint being important on a sub-10k mile garage queen in a collection but a 30k+ mile car is likely going to show significant signs of use if it hasn't had any paint work.
The following 3 users liked this post by pirahna:
cavlino (01-12-2024), philrob1 (07-28-2023), porschedog (03-04-2024)
Old 07-28-2023, 03:16 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
I agree. I would much rather have a mid-mileage car that has a resprayed front end than one that is all peppered with rock chips. I can see all original paint being important on a sub-10k mile garage queen in a collection but a 30k+ mile car is likely going to show significant signs of use if it hasn't had any paint work.
Buy, drive, repaint, repeat.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:48 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 579 Posts

Yes, life happens. It's undisclosed body work that is more worrying.
Old 07-29-2023, 01:55 PM
Malloy
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by philrob1
Originally Posted by JesusFast
Why do miles matter?
I understand your points but I've always used these general guidelines when buying cars and it's always worked for me. I care about ownership/history and I'm not too concerned if bumper covers were painted. I also think that my ideal mileage range offers the best value on this platform. Supply is low - so we will see!
philrob1 (07-29-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 10:16 AM
Malloy
Rennlist Member

I found an off market SY car that seemed like a go, but the seller decided to hold off. Ouch, but I get it!

The hunt continues...
cavlino (01-12-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 01:19 PM
Malloy
Rennlist Member

Still looking!

I visited Autokennel on Friday to see the really nice Slate Grey car: https://autokennel.com/featured_vehi...k-sport-seats/

The car is well represented by the listing - it has crazy maintenance and looks like it has less than half it's 40k miles. Great car but the color is not for me.

The experience reminded me that I really want Speed Yellow, Carrara White or Guards Red.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:49 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 403 Posts

I love that slate grey car, if I didn't already have one that would be one I would be considering. Hope you find the right car soon!
Malloy (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 05:11 PM
Malloy
Rennlist Member

I love that slate grey car, if I didn't already have one that would be one I would be considering. Hope you find the right car soon!
Oh yea, the Slate will make someone very happy!

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2024, 12:09 AM
SiNzz
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I love slate grey too, and I've generally considered white/yellow/red as not my style. Different strokes for different folks! Good luck with your hunt!
porschedog (03-04-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 01:08 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Malloy
Still looking!

I visited Autokennel on Friday to see the really nice Slate Grey car: https://autokennel.com/featured_vehi...k-sport-seats/

The car is well represented by the listing - it has crazy maintenance and looks like it has less than half it's 40k miles. Great car but the color is not for me.

The experience reminded me that I really want Speed Yellow, Carrara White or Guards Red.
Dang, you came from philadelphia to huntington beach and did not buy that car?
I get it, I too prefer SY, but hard to believe you would lose much money over time as you "suffer through" SG.

Good luck in the hunt.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:32 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

Here is mine. I have vasilated between selling and not selling for over a year now. Told my wife you might be interested in buying it and she told me "you spent 2 years looking for one. You aren't selling it." My youngest son also claimed dibs on it if I don't want it. Mine is not original and has seen the track a few times. My front bumper has been repainted. When I bought it, we were having all the PPF replaced and the paint came off with it on the front bumper. I had a high end shop that my Porsche dealer recommended do the fix though and it looks perfect. I'm also scared to add the bills on all the maintenance I have done including full cargraphic exhaust, engine out service, Ohlins, etc. I also painted the red calipers black with yellow Porsche logo. Tinted windows too. Damn, I'm not even close to stock now! hahaha

Here are the original wheels as well. They are in boxes. A little too much yellow for me. haha

Last edited by joejenie; 02-11-2024 at 02:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by joejenie:
changster123 (02-11-2024), Malloy (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 10:25 AM
Malloy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen
Dang, you came from philadelphia to huntington beach and did not buy that car? I get it, I too prefer SY, but hard to believe you would lose much money over time as you "suffer through" SG.Good luck in the hunt.
I was in Vegas for a trade show so it was a quick trip. I also met up with a buddy for drinks who used to own a 996 GT3, so it was a good day. Yea, I thought about this as a hold over car, but decided against it.

Originally Posted by SiNzz
I love slate grey too, and I've generally considered white/yellow/red as not my style. Different strokes for different folks! Good luck with your hunt!
It's ironic as I love my e46 in Silver Grey. Thanks - there are way more yellow/red/white cars than Slate Grey so I should find something, right?! Almost ever car I've seen in the last year is silver/grey/black. Some examples: https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/996-gt3/

Quick Reply: WTB: Enthusiast looking for a nice 996 GT3