Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB For Track -Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:31 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, all, for the interesting info on PCCB. I've been following the PCCB trail in possible hopes of picking up a 2nd-hand set, but now I'm not even sure they'll stand up to hard street driving. I'm often on the ABS.

Additional info I've found:

Carnewal has the 330mm rear calipers in yellow. You don't have to paint them. I believe they are the same as the TT parts as well--just yellow.
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96172.htm

From my "brake parts spreadsheet" that I've been accumulating, all rear calipers from base Boxster through GT3 use 30mm and 28mm pistons, so any difference in brake bias would be due to the effective diameter change only. For a 350mm PCCB rear to a 330mm steel, this would be on the order of -5% which is probably about the difference between different pads. There might also be a slight difference between the coefficients of friction between steel and ceramic and pads, but that's anybody's guess.

HRP sells Brembo GT3R 2-piece rotors (aluminum/floating) which are the right disc sizes F 350x34 and R 330x28. I contacted them about who makes them and no reply. The replacement discs are reasonably priced, but I don't know if the whole setup on a GT3R uses a different offset or what.
http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product

There were a few dealers selling PCCB "kits" for around $10K. This sounds like a no brainer if you want to buy replacement PCCB rotors. Buy the "kit" and throw away the calipers (or sell them to me, and I'll source some 2-piece steel rotors). I'm not finding them on websites now, so maybe Porsche was trying to clear-out PCCB-1 stuff?

Unrelated, but special thanks to Bob Rouleau for his info/comments on R-compounds on the street. I love my Dunlop SSRs and don't think I can go back to street tires!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:33 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

It looked like the old material (exactly like my GT2) to me, but it's easy to deceive the eye.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:38 PM
mds
Pro

arenared, the Brembo parts are mislabeled as GT3R on HRPWorld's web site. I called Brembo today and verified that they are actually GT3 Cup car parts. GT3RS/RSR discs are larger.

Quick Reply: PCCB For Track -Update