Sponsored by:

To the black GT3 on Willow Road near Northbrook, IL

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chicago996
Mr. RS, I'm curious myself as I don't get why a GT3 should elicit such a vitriolic reaction either. What's the context?
Evening,

I wish I knew what the problem was. Without getting too deep and personal I am not the most threatening person you will ever meet and always take the time to talk to anyone, comes from being in sales I suppose.

The first instance we had gone to buy some cake, parked at the far end of the car park and I was just talking to my son when the old boy came up behind me and launched into his attack.

Second time was just as I wrote.

Having said that I did have a guy stop me and ask if he could take some pictures, which I agreed too, so it can't have affected me too much!!

I was just commenting that I sort of understand the reluctance sometimes of Porsche owners to want to talk to strangers. It could just be a few bad experiences.

And just for the record I always wave at other Porsche drivers!

Maybe I should take a leaf out of MacFlys book and upsticks to Sunny CA.

Anyone got any jobs!!!!

Poor and Cold of the East Essex Mountains.

P.

:
Old 02-27-2004, 07:16 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 487 Likes on 326 Posts

I always wave or smile back when someone waves or gives the thumbs up.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:08 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave, smile, honk, flash (lights), etc to other Porsche owners. There are two 356 coupes in town (red and black) which i always get waves from (i always honk at them no matter what car im in). There is also a mid 80's 911 turbo which always waves to me, and a red 944 (S2 i believe). However there are a few watercooled 911 guys running around. Two of them (both silver) just ignore me, one was down right rude at the gas station, and another Yellow (plate YellFev i think it was) was one of the nicest guys i met (and i was in our mazda! haha )
Old 03-02-2004, 02:05 PM
KWC4S
Instructor

The other day I was sitting at a red light and in the turn lane up drives a american pickup driver, he says, "nice car, *******!" I said, "well thank you *******. Then the very next car pulls and up a guy says kindly, "nice car!" the couple in the car next to me started laughing so hard.

It's the females in the boxsters and cabriolets that don't even know what a Porsche Coupe looks like....that don't wave. They are typically blonde here in florida and they look dazed anyway.

My wife calls me on the cell phone in my C4S and says, hey, there's a guy in a Corvette trying to race me, can i take him? Now, that's a great girl! I tell her, "blow his doors off baby, most of those guys can't drive anyway."

sidebar..RE: "Filling up with petrol, looked up and saw a guy looking at me so I smiled and greeted him. When I came out after paying he was leaning on my car telling me what a F**K C**T I was!"

People are such jerks. It that happened to me I'd kick his ***** up his throat.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:23 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally posted by MetalSolid
Mr RS, what part of England are you from?

I think the big problem in England right now is the gap between the rich and the poor, where most people there don't make more than £25k a year. The house market has gone crazy; you need $300,000 to buy a decent house nevermind a $160k GT3 RS.

I was going to say that. English Wife has been over here with me for too long. Visited over holidays in Midlands, and it was very surpising. I can see some very serious envy.

Purest Form of Envy : "If I can't have it, neither should you..."

Horrible.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guy's,

Envy and jealousy are universal. No one country has the monopoly on it. Just remember though, these people are not envious of your success, they're being confronted with their failure, and it hurts. Smile, and move on. Do you really need the world and it's wife to validify your choices??

Just a thought,

Steve B
Old 03-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

ok i skipped most of the commentary...

here in W Washington - i regularly see 1-2 New P-Cars during my 5 mile drive to work. They almost never flash/wave/whatever back-
i guess they have no idea what a 356 is... or they think it's a kit car (had that happen at a gas station near work) -
either way, it's sad -

i wave to kit cars too when i see them - hell there having fun...

oh well - life goes on - even when you come out to you car and catch some one in the mist of carving thier initials in your bumper (happened last year....) - then the yelling starts.....the police come...etc.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:25 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

I see a couple of 996 in my area, very few flash one another - I don't understand why not, keep the love alive. We are a rare breed, we must stick together.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:55 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I knew what the problem was.
In a word: jealousy

It's easy when the car is a GT3!

Whenever I'm in the P-car, I never see any other ones, but as soon as I'm in another car, I'll see 5 or 6 within 2 miles
Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Kavirich477
1st Gear

Default To the black GT3 on Willow Road near Northbrook, IL

I am not taking to talk people. My mind is always cool and talk frankly. I enjoyed every moment of life.

Northbrook IL Locksmith
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Burger
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Zombie post is 10 years old.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:03 PM
stuttgart1
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I always flash or wave to GT3 owners when I see them..
Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have concluded the typically Porsche owners wall into two distinct categories:

1. Enthusiasts
2. Douchebags

The latter generally don't even know where the engine is let alone be bothered to acknowledge an enthusiast.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:14 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stuttgart1
I always flash or wave to GT3 owners when I see them..
Same here. I am always genuinely happy to see another fellow porsche enthusiast on the road.

Quick Reply: To the black GT3 on Willow Road near Northbrook, IL