996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

my experience IMS fail ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

^^I think it's because when he writes something like that (Trying to be helpful) he gets accused of being a self serving/hyping/promoting fear monger - because that's how people react to that type of information...
Exactly.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:25 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
^^I think it's because when he writes something like that (Trying to be helpful) he gets accused of being a self serving/hyping/promoting fear monger - because that's how people react to that type of information...
So tough guy marine is scared of being called a meany, therefore, time invested in learning is siloed within the walls of FSI & attempts to share that info with those that do care will be silenced. And the hordes will continue in their ignorant ways, only to call FSI when the inevitable fit hits the shan.

Savior complex... thou must worship at thy altar, lest ye be dispatched into the wilderness
Old 06-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

When you put years of effort into learning things, then share them for free, it sucks when people make smart *** remarks. I can't stand a smart ***, I don't put up with them in person, and I won't here, either.

People suck.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:33 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

You're being a baby. Your data helps people.

But no, let's hide the research. Squirrel it away - no, take down the site! All this interference has the side benefit of siloing your knowledge within your walls. The only way to get it is to suck your teet. You have perhaps the biggest savior comlex I've seen.

It's less that people suck, and more that some people don't have the maturity to interact with others. Sometimes that's me on the wrong side, but fknA - posting helpful content for a newbie & you react like that.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Who else has trained over 1400 damn humans how to assemble these engines? How can you even consider saying that I am squirreling information away, when I have had people come within these walls and bolt engines together for more than a decade under my direct supervision, and direction?

Entitled people suck more than the rest.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Who else has trained over 1400 damn humans how to assemble these engines? How can you even consider saying that I am squirreling information away, when I have had people come within these walls and bolt engines together for more than a decade under my direct supervision, and direction?

Entitled people suck more than the rest.
Because you took down a web page after someone shared its (relevant) contents in a maintenance thread? You contribute more to the m96 world than any other single person alive. Act like a leader, not a scared paper boy.

Autistic people are harder to interact with than the rest. Own your **** & act like a man.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Autistic people are harder to interact with than the rest.
So, what the hell is that supposed to mean?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:58 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

You're not entitled to what I know about the limitations I referenced earlier. Pay me $400 per hour for a session.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Answer my question directly. What was your basis for the statement concerning Autism?

You stated it, answer for it. Isn't that the "advice" that you just gave me?

Don't be a baby.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:03 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Why make things personal.

This should be about cars!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:04 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jake ....stop arguing with a tinkerbell/hair dresser......she is having a mid-life
Old 06-03-2017, 12:10 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,167 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags
You're not entitled to what I know about the limitations I referenced earlier. Pay me $400 per hour for a session.
^Oh geez^ Tony Two Bags is a shrink... nuff said
Old 06-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

He sure got quiet awful quick.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:22 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Despite career success that has gone far beyond your own expectations, you're uncomfortable with your position as a leader in a social context. You lack the ability to sift between dangerous and innocuous situations, which puts you in a challenging position on the internet, where people are limited to the written word - in abbreviated form. You make rash decisions based on juvenile impulses of emotion, sometimes in the course of harmless interactions like the one above. This irrational behavior is immediately hidden behind bold statements about the character of man - or lack thereof. When in reality, the chest puffing is just an attempt to obscure the foolishness of what just transpired.

I can only surmise that your extremely high level of functioning and specialized skill, when coupled with the emotional disposition of a teenager, reflects a sharp delta in learning ability. It fits the pattern I've observed personally among adults with autism. I've also witnessed your allusion to poor performance in school as reflecting some similar, underlying issue.

This might be a critical view, but it wasnt' without prompting. I don't respect your childish antics, and didn't intend to go down this road with you. But when you start mocking those that challenge you just because, it becomes more a matter of your discretion than mine.

*not a shrink, just a stubborn basterd
Old 06-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

You've told me what I've known since the 3rd grade..... It wasn't Autism back then, nobody knew what the hell that was.

Its why I spent my school years in Special Education.

And its why I can tell you to kiss my *** without giving a damn.

And its not a disability, it is an ABILITY, and it is WHY I am where I am today.

The only thing I fear is ever being normal.

Quick Reply: my experience IMS fail ???