Sponsored by:

Spoiler down...warning light on...Top won't retract

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 01:51 AM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spoiler down...warning light on...Top won't retract

'01 C2 Cab Top will not retract. Light flashes. Spoiler light is on steady. Spoiler still goes up and down with the switch no problem.....just will not go off when the Spoiler is down. I have learned from other threads that the Top will not retract if the Spoiler is up. It is not up. Suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 700 Posts

Light on is telling the controller the spoiler is up..so the car "thinks" the spoiler is up. Find the reason the spoiler light is staying on...probably a bad microswitch on the spoiler. Maybe try to put spoiler down and disconnect the spoiler wiring harness and see if the light goes out, or pull the fuse for the spoiler once it is down.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:23 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by LarsCarrera
'01 C2 Cab Top will not retract. Light flashes. Spoiler light is on steady. Spoiler still goes up and down with the switch no problem.....just will not go off when the Spoiler is down. I have learned from other threads that the Top will not retract if the Spoiler is up. It is not up. Suggestions? Thanks.
I've had this kind of thing happen and it would happen to be an anomaly. I would clear the error code using a reader like the Durametric and then the car would function as normal. If the code would comes back, I'd scan to see what the exact malfunction was... prolly a sensor. IMHO
Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 AM
911 carrera blue
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

make sure trunk and frunk are closed, check the spoiler again if is fully seat
Old 03-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

aaah now the spring is here the problems start with the cab tops. Mine, for the first time in 5 years, is working impeccably. Just watch it stop working now after saying all that lol. Make sure your hand brake is on, trunk and hood are closed. Now try to operate the top via the key in the door position. Stand outside the car and hold key to the left and the top should tuck away. Hold to right and the top should come up. Let us know whats happening. Very important that you have a fully charged good battery on the car for the top to work.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:11 PM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the tips! I shall try them out today........ Can anybody tell me where the wiring harness for the spoiler connects? I have no problem disabling the spoiler if it makes my top work.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:04 PM
LarsCarrera
Advanced

Default Didn't Quite Work! More HELP!

OK.....What worked was from HurdiGurdiman. The key in the door! Even with the spoiler "light" on the top went down.........BUT only 2/3 of the way. I cycled it back up and down with the key then used the dash switch. It goes up and locks fine.....BUT will only go down 2/3 of the way. More Suggestions???
Old 03-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LarsCarrera
OK.....What worked was from HurdiGurdiman. The key in the door! Even with the spoiler "light" on the top went down.........BUT only 2/3 of the way. I cycled it back up and down with the key then used the dash switch. It goes up and locks fine.....BUT will only go down 2/3 of the way. More Suggestions???
Double check your car battery. You have to have a fully charged good battery for the top to work correctly. A battery is only good for 4/5years. Take the car to Auto Zone and they will check it for free for you. A new BOSCH (if needed) is about 120dollars.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:21 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Is the hydraulic fluid level low?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti..._Mechanism.htm

Quick Reply: Spoiler down...warning light on...Top won't retract