Sponsored by:

Mystery Connector...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 04:26 PM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
If you correctly installed the mobile phone using the radio's phone line in, the radio would automatically mute your Van Halen or Spandau Ballet cassette every time your drug dealer called, which was especially helpful.
Lol!

Funny story. I had that stupid cassette holder when I bought my car, plus the CD changer. The PO left 6 CD's in the changer... Phil Collins, America (i.e. "Horse with no name"), and a few other gems I can't recall. Proof that my car is a classic!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If you correctly installed the mobile phone using the radio's phone line in, the radio would automatically mute your Van Halen or Spandau Ballet cassette every time your drug dealer called, which was especially helpful.
Hey, I still have my Uniden car phone in a box in the closet.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Brainfry
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the single most useful connector on a 996. Congratulations on the find. I'm currently running my radar detector, TPMS, and phone charger off that connector...

In case you're wondering, this is the kind of phone that connector was meant for. When I deleted the lower console, I actually found most of the guts for one of these relics - the original owner really had one of these Miami Vice antiques installed. I'm sure there are baggies of drugs in my car somewhere, but I haven't found them yet.

The other item in the console above the storage cubby is a 4-cassette tape organizer.

There's still plenty of room to charge your Vape pen as well.

Quick Reply: Mystery Connector...