Sponsored by:

Transmission rebuild time at 71K miles cost breakdown

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbred911
let us know how it holds up in 2 years... they gave you a 12 month limited warranty right?
It did the best it could for a car that was not taken care of for 10 years till I bought it. Since I take care of my things and know how to drive a stick.....I am sure it will last. And yes it has a 12 month limited warranty. Correction....I bought the car in Feb of 2011....all previous neglect was not my fault. Clutch wear was pretty much normal with the original clutch going out.

Waterpump was due, all the rest of the things were just normal maintenance. The IMS fix was done by me with the new clutch install....that was a easy decision.

Since I have owned the car.....never been tracked...has been driven hard though. Oil changed every 3K miles with Mobil 1. As far as the owners history besides CARFAX....I have no idea what went on prior to me.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

let us know how it holds up in 2 years... they gave you a 12 month limited warranty right?
2 years and almost 20k kilometers on my rebuild with Gbox and the transmission is still as quiet and smooth shifting as day one.
Pete
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
GBoxguys
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words all. I took a quick look at the complaint that was posted on here earlier. It was fairly unfortunate and we are quite aware of what happened with that gearbox. Brand new parts were actually used for that build, and unfortunately after two years of racing, (which is not clearly laid out there, and only one oil change, which is also not adequately explained in the complaint) there was a ring and pinion failure.

We do not warranty racing components, which is not unusual, and the owner is known for being quite harsh on his equipment. When we explained that we were not going to warranty this part, nor give him a refund for the part, which was purchased brand new and installed, we were told that he was going to splash this all over the net and try to make us look bad.

Years ago I would have risen up to a statement like this and made a big stink about it, but now, I think I will simply take the high road on this one. However if there is someone who would like this explained in more detail, please feel free to PM me or give me a call. I will be happy to explain in detail what happened with this deal.

Again we thank everyone for your support, and look forward to helping whenever we can. If you run into questions, just PM me and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Erik Johnson
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi folks. I just caught this response here and what is said by Erik above is not true. As usual he continues to distort the truth of what actually happened so he can get away with yet another botched job and appear as if "all is well"

Well, that's not the case. We weren't racing this car , it was a DE car and a summer daily driver and had the tranny fluid flushed out every 8 track hours as preventative maintenance.

The new R&P made noise from day one and I was told this was normal. I contacted Roger Btown of California mototsports who clearly stated in an email it was most certainly NOT normal.

You can read the rest of the story on

ripoffreport.com by searching GBOX

There are more reputable places to have your work done and GBOX is a shop many who have been burned will be staying away from

Sorry Erik, the cat is out of the bag.

everybody you can read about it hear and Erik's private message to me which clearly contradicts what he's saying above

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...gefromerik.jpg

Last edited by Tbred911; 05-02-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Transmission rebuild time at 71K miles cost breakdown