Sponsored by:

interior conditioning products

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 AM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior conditioning products

What are some good products for the leather seats?

how about for the non leather parts, like the dash/doors? Or are they leather as well? they feel like hard imitation leather lol

i use turtle wax on my car once every couple months, but nothing for interior.. any suggestions?

also, is the dash/doors leather? i'm talking about that hard non-plastic material
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 AM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...etty-good.html
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
heligear
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go, probably the best out there, www.leatherique.com
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Maquire's makes a leather cleaner and a separate interior cleaner. Both come in a spray bottle and I have had good luck with both. It doesn't build up like Armor All and attract dust. Plus, the leather cleaner is not a paste so it doesn't build up in the perforated holes in sport seats. I use the leather cleaner on the seats, dash (full leather) rear console cover, steering wheel and door panels. Interior cleaner everywhere else.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexol, Lexol, Lexol... cleaner and conditioner.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
LordVicious
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The correct answer is of course ... Lexol. I think pretty much any cleaner is OK. But Lexol conditioner is, in fact, the correct answer.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

303 Aerospace Protectant on the interior surfaces incl leather dash and doors on my car. Lexol on the seats.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
beowulf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Connolly Leather Care for my Natural Leather seats. ; )
Old 06-12-2012, 04:29 PM
peavynation
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
303 Aerospace Protectant on the interior surfaces incl leather dash and doors on my car. Lexol on the seats.
I was hoping someone would say that. I've seen posts about 303 on all the exterior plastic trim, and glad to see it used on all surfaces on the interior except leather.

I've been wanting to give 303 a try but didn't want to mess anything up.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:14 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

I actually use 303 on the glued leather surfaces (dash, doors. trim); been doing so for years and took 2nd place in the PCA concour twice...so it must be helping! I wouldn't recommend using leather conditioner on those bits because they may rehydrate the leather causing it to lose its bond with the surface...you don't want to make it supple in those areas. 303 is totally safe for leather and provides UV protection. The seats are a different story; you want suppleness so Leatherique, Lexol and Connolly Hide Food are the right products there.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
peavynation
Pro

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I actually use 303 on the glued leather surfaces (dash, doors. trim); been doing so for years and took 2nd place in the PCA concour twice...so it must be helping! I wouldn't recommend using leather conditioner on those bits because they may rehydrate the leather causing it to lose its bond with the surface...you don't want to make it supple in those areas. 303 is totally safe for leather and provides UV protection. The seats are a different story; you want suppleness so Leatherique, Lexol and Connolly Hide Food are the right products there.
Awesome, thanks Pongobaz. Just the info I was hoping to hear! I'm out the door to go get some 303!

So you all think that it's good for anything 'black' on the outside of the car too?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

As a professional luxury and sports car Detailer I have used virtually every product on the market. 303 is my go to for all things plastic, vinyl and rubber. I buy gallons of it every year. The nice thing about is that it doesn't attract and hold dust like some products and you can adjust the amount of shine. Too shiny? Simply knock it down with a micro fiber towel to suit your taste. It works great on all the seals as well. It's great on tires and will not brown or sling off. Great stuff!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 PM
peavynation
Pro

Thanks Gator, your post made me a happy camper!

BTW, you a U of Florida guy with a name like that? If so, I hate to say it, but my wife is a Florida State girl and she had her last license plate say "GATRHTR". LOL! I'm not a sports dude, so I think its so funny all these rivalries. I went to USC and so I guess I'm supposed to dislike UCLA? Whatever.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Indeed a UF grad Peavy. I am so sorry to hear about your wife's troubles with getting into an actual college. She can tell the peculiar thing at FSU of why birds fly upside down over the campus. Long story short, there isn't anything worth ****ting on down there.

We love our in state rivalries so it's all in good fun!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peavynation
Awesome, thanks Pongobaz. Just the info I was hoping to hear! I'm out the door to go get some 303!

So you all think that it's good for anything 'black' on the outside of the car too?
Yup, I used it on all rubber and plastic trim inside and out. Also use it on the tires. As Gator said, it doesn't attract dust and doesn't wash off after the first rain fall. I buy it online in the 4L container!

Quick Reply: interior conditioning products