996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

interior conditioning products

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mark, we will work on your interior at the next Florida Crown Region detailing seminar. I have done everything else to your car for god's sake!
- Ed

FWIW, I don't use the expensive leather cremes and systems on most cars I work on. A large majority of leather these days are coated. It is difficult for the cremes to migrate into the hide so it really only sits on tbe surface. It will attract dirt and dust more easily. How do you know if your leather is coated? On an inconspicuous spot, a place a drop of water on it. If it beads it's coated. If it soaks in it is not coated and a prime candidate for the Leatherique systems.

A product like 303 Aerospace will serve most of us perfectly. It's over the counter from most marine stores and affordable.

Another recommendation is to keep your seats vacuumed regularly. Any grit will wear away your seats faster than Thundertubs fat ***.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Ed,
I don't know what came over me. I am at a loss to explain why I suddenly felt the need to use the leather cleaner. It has never happened before.
I was doing a super cleaning and deep vacuuming of the carpets after a weekend at Roebling Road. That Low Country sand in the paddock is insipid. I was done vacuuming, stood back to admire my work, and then I think the hot Florida sun burned my brain. I walked into the workshop, pulled that leather cleaning stuff off the shelf, and within a few minutes it was done. Sometimes I completely lose all sense of reality.

I promise not to do it again before next year at Brumos, though I may have already soiled the path since the leather is no longer "original condition."
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No harm Mark! There is nothing wrong with what you did and your interior will be just fine. You know me, I am just thrilled that you keep her clean.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
peavynation
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator996
Indeed a UF grad Peavy. I am so sorry to hear about your wife's troubles with getting into an actual college. She can tell the peculiar thing at FSU of why birds fly upside down over the campus. Long story short, there isn't anything worth ****ting on down there.
We love our in state rivalries so it's all in good fun!
LOL! I'm gonna have to use that bird joke on, well, everything! I've never been to Florida, but my wife and I are going to go down there at some point to visit her school and some fam down there. Luckily I won't have to worry about birds crapping on my head!
Thanks for the leather tips too. I never thought about how not vacuuming could eat up your seats. Totally!

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Yup, I used it on all rubber and plastic trim inside and out. Also use it on the tires. As Gator said, it doesn't attract dust and doesn't wash off after the first rain fall. I buy it online in the 4L container!
Cool, can't wait to give the stuff a shot. 4 liters, here I come.

Quick Reply: interior conditioning products