Sponsored by:

Sad day... Oil under the car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well so far...

I have changed the oil and checked the filter. I guess I can't confirm that the IMS Guardian was working since there was no shavings really but that was a relief.

I also degreased the area in order to see how fast the leak is. The leak is getting worse it seems like and drips a couple drops to the ground a day. It use to be 1/2 - 1 drop a day before.

So should I drive the car like this until my clutch goes out and take care of it then? Or is it something you guys think I should just go ahead and do?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 PM
machbx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Wow the man most capable of helping the OP of this thread through a potentially devastating problem that he is looking for advice on how to proceed. You make false accusations indicating this man is purely interested in his own personal gain when the OP has already stated he intends to fix the car himself or take it to a independent shop in CA where he lives. So Jake Raby has no chance at the labor & since he no longer distributes the IMSB the OP planned to install eventually anyway exactlly what is the ulterior motive? Maybe he is trying to remember why he pays to be a sponser on this forum? You owe the OP of this thread an apology for convincing the #1 man in the world most capable of helping him that it is not worth wasting his time on. How much longer will Jake Raby continue to risk offering invaluable information for free to those that need it?
I'm pretty hard headed, thick skinned and a pretty sh*tty wheel man. But I'm not an a$$hat. He has a pretty thankless job preaching to the perverted here, but he has changed 1 mind and saved 1 more M96. Now I just have to find a proper indy here in STL as you know Porsche tells me this aftermarket mod isn't something they will do willingly. If not my Dad and i will have to do it - he is a Master Tech but a vette man and warned me that I will have to get myself up to speed on the p-car's needs - He has never worked on one. Can't be a wrench wench wo a wicked weasel imho

Last edited by machbx; 06-01-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by machbx
I'm pretty hard headed, thick skinned and a pretty sh*tty wheel man. But I'm not an a$$hat. He has a pretty thankless job preaching to the perverted here, but he has changed 1 mind and saved 1 more M96. Now I just have to find a proper indy here in STL as you know Porsche tells me this aftermarket mod isn't something they will do willingly. If not my Dad and i will have to do it - he is a Master Tech but a vette man and warned me that I will have to get myself up to speed on the p-car's needs - He has never worked on one. Can't be a wrench wench wo a wicked weasel imho
Well I guess us level headed Midwesterners think alike as I grew up just outside of St.Louis. According to LN's website the prefered installer in StL is Address:
9331 Manchester Rd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63119
United States of America

Name: Reid Vann
Phone Number: 314-968-4100

Go Cards!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
machbx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Well I guess us level headed Midwesterners think alike as I grew up just outside of St.Louis. According to LN's website the prefered installer in StL is Address:
9331 Manchester Rd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63119
United States of America

Name: Reid Vann
Phone Number: 314-968-4100

Go Cards!!
Thx! Oh and Boyz, get those girls some Wicked Weasels for Fs Sake! It's indecent having a Porsche photo op wo one ~;}

http://wickedweasel.com/en/shop/knickers/buy/651-M15
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by machbx
Thx! Oh and Boyz, get those girls some Wicked Weasels for Fs Sake! It's indecent having a Porsche photo op wo one ~;}

http://wickedweasel.com/en/shop/knickers/buy/651-M15
Uh, you might want to preface something like this in the future with "NSFW".
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
machbx
Instructor

Originally Posted by alpine003
Uh, you might want to preface something like this in the future with "NSFW".
It is safe for work - Have you seen BabalonBoots avatar yet ~~~;}

Quick Reply: Sad day... Oil under the car...