Double DIN NAV options/photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DCP
This is mine. Done with a Euro Motorspeed kit from Ebay. It is JVC KW-AVX840. I keep an iPod in the car so I ran ran the line for it to the center console so that it is hidden.

I did the installation myself, but did not enjoy the process. The Euro Motorspeed guy was very helpful, but there was only so much help you can get in a phone call.

I must have the only 03+ delivered with the standard audio system with no separate amp. I am using the amp in the JVC. I am reasonably happy with that part and the sound is pretty good through aftermarket speakers.

What I dislike is that the telephone is so bad that it is useless and that the control system of the JVC is very slow. I would not buy it again.

Lots of info at http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...trieullionaire, although some of it is dated.
Your bluetooth microphone is in a bad spot. You might try moving it overhead. Clip it between the interior windshield and the cross header. That is where mine is and it works great.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
Your bluetooth microphone is in a bad spot. You might try moving it overhead. Clip it between the interior windshield and the cross header. That is where mine is and it works great.
That is just where it ended up when I gave up. I tried a number of locations. It is bad everywhere.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I see alot of cigar lighters (or missing ones) in the pics. When I did the ashtray delete I replaced my cigar lighter with this USB Charger from Rocketfish (Only $14.99 at Best Buy). I think it is much nicer looking (almost flush to the dash) than the lighter and great for charging an iPhone or any other device that is charged by a USB connection. IMO it also updates the look of the dash.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-27-2012, 01:54 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can change the logo on probably almost all of them. Just google <Stereo model> Logo hack

Kenwood DNX-9960 (bluetooth, nav, dvd, cd, sirius or xm, etc)
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM
David Clarke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the bluetooth, RDS, iPod logo's on and around these units are screen printed on at the factory and come off fairly easily with a little acetone and a cloth if you are quick... Leaving no trace. Cleans up the look nicely.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,521 Likes on 953 Posts

Good idea
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Cornbread
Advanced

Sony XNV 770-BT
Bought remanufacutured unit for $550 works great, Phone mic hidden in factory slot left of alt gauge - perfect
Tom Tom removeable Navigation module up under passenger footwell for easy remova and map updates

Beautiful and very funtional with DVD hack

911 Double din kit from Sonic Electronics on ebay $95
Sonic Electronix
ebay@sonicelectronix.com
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
rednerrus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DCP
This is mine. Done with a Euro Motorspeed kit from Ebay. It is JVC KW-AVX840. I keep an iPod in the car so I ran ran the line for it to the center console so that it is hidden.

I did the installation myself, but did not enjoy the process. The Euro Motorspeed guy was very helpful, but there was only so much help you can get in a phone call.

I must have the only 03+ delivered with the standard audio system with no separate amp. I am using the amp in the JVC. I am reasonably happy with that part and the sound is pretty good through aftermarket speakers.

What I dislike is that the telephone is so bad that it is useless and that the control system of the JVC is very slow. I would not buy it again.

Lots of info at http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...trieullionaire, although some of it is dated.
I am thinking of getting a jvc HU, the av70bt (which is the updated version of yours) or the av60bt.
I read somewhere that your HU is an "oversized double din" unit, did you have any trouble fitting it with the euro motorsport double din kit?

Also is there anyway to change the colors of the blue dots on the bottom of the HU?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 PM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
I see alot of cigar lighters (or missing ones) in the pics. When I did the ashtray delete I replaced my cigar lighter with this USB Charger from Rocketfish (Only $14.99 at Best Buy). I think it is much nicer looking (almost flush to the dash) than the lighter and great for charging an iPhone or any other device that is charged by a USB connection. IMO it also updates the look of the dash.
can you take a pic of how that looks?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hell a bit of black tape strategically placed would do the logo delete at a pinch. Well you know me for cheapo hehe.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:58 PM
jackarelli
Advanced

Hi,
I installed the Pioneer AVH-440bt

and while i was there i intalled a revese camera, which i have to say has been most useful!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rednerrus
I am thinking of getting a jvc HU, the av70bt (which is the updated version of yours) or the av60bt.
I read somewhere that your HU is an "oversized double din" unit, did you have any trouble fitting it with the euro motorsport double din kit?

Also is there anyway to change the colors of the blue dots on the bottom of the HU?
I wasn't aware that it was oversized. I had to elongate predrilled holes in the mounting bracket sides and shim the front part of the bracket to make it fit reasonably flush. It is not in the dash all that securely, but seems adequate.

You can change the color of the buttons on the screen, but I do not think that you can change the blue dots. I will try a color change and see whether it changes the dots and post results.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:04 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by DCP
I wasn't aware that it was oversized. I had to elongate predrilled holes in the mounting bracket sides and shim the front part of the bracket to make it fit reasonably flush. It is not in the dash all that securely, but seems adequate.

You can change the color of the buttons on the screen, but I do not think that you can change the blue dots. I will try a color change and see whether it changes the dots and post results.
hmmm that doesnt sound easy, im gonna attempt to do it myself, and ive never done it before. it might be too much for me. i think ill go with the pioneer avh8400bh.
thanks!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the AVH4450 as well.

How did you get the Porsche pic as the background?

Also, anyone used the USB to run a hard drive off it? I tried but it didnt work...

Quick Reply: Double DIN NAV options/photos