996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Bennnz0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa I'm not a ricer. The car has a full gt3 kit wrap around. I didn't do any of the work. It's fitted on very good. It looks clean. I like it. But like I said its the fact that it's dressed up to look like a gt3 kind of bothers me because it won't perform like one. If I do buy the car I will track it though.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You asked for opinions, so you're getting mine.

I'm not a fan, I look at body kits and think they almost always look bulky, often times ricey. Rarely do I look at a 996 with extra body panels and think it looks any good.

OK, the GT3 gets away with it because of the stance mostly, and because of course its the real deal.

But even then the taco wing never sat right with me. I'm more of an ironing board man.

As has been said though...my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

It's what you like that matters. For every guy like me that doesn't like it there's another guy that does. We cancel each other out.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Mickey356
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bennnz0
Whoa I'm not a ricer. The car has a full gt3 kit wrap around. I didn't do any of the work. It's fitted on very good. It looks clean. I like it. But like I said its the fact that it's dressed up to look like a gt3 kind of bothers me because it won't perform like one. If I do buy the car I will track it though.
Then it can't hurt you, with regard to downforce, that is.

I hear ya on the "dressed up like one / doesn't perform like one" thing. I'd feel the same way.
If a car comes with something on it, eh, what're ya gonna do? I looked specifically for a car that didn't have any ad-ons. That said, if the car IS a GT3 or TT, etc.... I think they look bad-***!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Karl996
Advanced

I was faced with exactly the same dilema a few months back. 2002 C2 dressed up with a GT3 kit - or so the owner told me.

All the cars I've owned have always had a "sleeper" look.

At the end of the day it's your call.

I bought the car simply beacuse there are very few where I live and this is the only Manual one in the country - again so I believe.

You can always swap back to a stock look if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: opinions