Sponsored by:

OT - Car Rental in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default OT - Car Rental in Las Vegas

I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days in March. Gambling doesn't really interest me, so I was hoping I could rent an interesting car (GTR, 997TT, Lotus) and drive around the Valley of Fire for a day.

I know that not all rental companies are created equal. Does anyone have a recommendation of one to use?

Thanks very much
Old 02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Bubrubb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend that has used these guys once for an Aston Martin:

https://www.vegasluxuryrides.com/rentalVehicles.php

Pretty straight forward pricing and no surprises.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I rode the Valley of Fire in 2002 on a Harley. Very beautiful, but not much of a ride/drive. Lots of traffic and not much speed.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM
mjdavis
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dharn55
I rode the Valley of Fire in 2002 on a Harley. Very beautiful, but not much of a ride/drive. Lots of traffic and not much speed.
Thanks for the advice. I guess we should try to find another place to drive.

Also, I checked in with Vegas luxury rides. They seem to mostly have convertibles and automatics. it's proving tougher than I though to find what i'm looking for...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, check out exoticsracing.com

We went there last year and drove 458s, Scuderias, Superleggeras, R8s, etc...they have it all. It is actually pretty affordable.

A second trip at the end of this month is needed. We are going to drive the new Aventador and there is a good chance they will have the new McLaren too.

Cheers!!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

You can go to the LV Speedway in North LV & take a driving course & visit the Shelby headquarters. If you do want to take a drive out of town drive to the Hoover dam, nice drive & impressive to see.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, Vegas Luxury Rides. Rented 2 cars from them, a 2004 996 and a F430. The guys are great. A little out of the way, not far from the Orleans. Do that and THEN go to Exotics Racing. We drove Lambo's, Ferraris and teh R8. It's a short track (keeps the speeds down) but still plenty fast and good fun. The "instructors" do NOT hold you back - they push you to improve and drive faster. Highly recommend both Exotic Racing and Vegas Luxury.

Disclaimer - Not affiliated with either company.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
mjdavis
Instructor

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I ended up renting from a place called Las Vegas Exotic Rentals. I really wanted a manual (I've never driven a paddle shift, and I'm sure it's easy but I just have no experience with it), and this was one of the only places I was able to find one. They had a Z06 and an Elise, I ended up going with the Corvette. It was a tough call. Biggest deciding factor is that I'm assuming lots of highway miles, and I think the Lotus could be a bit tiring/painful. Plus, I just have to see what 505hp is like. The trick now is to find an interesting place to drive it.

I also checked in with Exotics Racing. Could be a great way to spend a few hours, but the pricing is a bit crazy. I can do a full DE day for $300-$400, while these guys are charging about $50 per lap. Track season isn't that far away, and I can wait.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I'm looking forward to the trip.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:08 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If I was going to Vegas I would do is!

www.digthis.info
Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 PM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjdavis
I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days in March. Gambling doesn't really interest me, so I was hoping I could rent an interesting car (GTR, 997TT, Lotus) and drive around the Valley of Fire for a day.

I know that not all rental companies are created equal. Does anyone have a recommendation of one to use?

Thanks very much
Good Luck, the last few times I went (I didn't actually drive one, but I never do) but most of the cars were really CRAP! We have a condo there & I was just checking out the cars & see what the different ones had, but the last few years have been pretty lean. If you own a nice car why would you PAY to drive one while in Vegas. I've always just kinda laughed when they act like they have million dollar cars & you would be very LUCKY to even drive one, they don't have a clue you might own one (thats whats so funny). jmo

Quick Reply: OT - Car Rental in Las Vegas