Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Book Give-away! The complete history of the 911.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts
Lightbulb Book Give-away! The complete history of the 911.

The Complete Book of Porsche 911 by Randy Leffingwell provides a model-by-model overview of every year of 911 production, including all of the racing, prototype and special production cars. This is the ultimate single-volume resource for every 911 aficionado.'''

Here are links to the publishers website where people can buy the book and to Amazon.

http://www.qbookshop.com/products/14...rsche-911.html

or to Amazon...
Amazon Amazon

We've arranged to give away 4 copies of the book, to lucky Rennlisters.

All you need to do is respond to this thread with your reasons as to why you'd like the book.

We'll scan the thread in a week's time, and choose our favourite replies

Let's hear them!

Rennlist.com Sweepstakes - Official Rules
1. Eligibility: Rennlist.com’s Complete Book of 911' Porsche book Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of Internet Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”), all employees of the named Sweepstakes Partner, all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sweepstakes Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Sweepstakes entry period begins when the Sweepstakes is posted on Rennlist.com and ends at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on the Sweepstakes’ specified end date (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: * You may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period by:
a. Forum Post. For Rennlist.com forum entries, you must be a registered user of Rennlist.com to participate. You may post a response to an authorized Rennlist.com Sweepstakes forum post and automatically be entered in the drawing by posting a response. Limit one entry per registered user. Multiple posts on one forum thread will be deemed one entry.
Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Multiple entries and mechanically reproduced copies are void.
4. Prizes:* Three prizes will be awarded. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of an advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winner as a result of the Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
5. Selection of Sweepstakes Winner/Odds: The winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or within 5 business days after the specified end date of the Sweepstakes Period. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner will be notified via personal message on Rennlist.com to the email address submitted with the winner’s entry, within 5 business days after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding. In the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be randomly selected.
6. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. The winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within 5 business days of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
7. General Rules: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (c) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any Rennlist.com operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (ii) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (iii) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (iv) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Sweepstakes or in any activity related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. The personal information collected through the Sweepstakes is subject to Rennlist.com’s Privacy Policy. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to the use of your personal information as described in the Privacy Policy.
8. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Sweepstakes Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
9. Winner’s List: For a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Internet Brands, Inc., Attn: Rennlist.com Winner’s List, 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for winners’ lists must be received within 30 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
10. Sponsor: Internet Brands, Inc., 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245

Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love a copy, being on the hunt for my first Porsche, I have learned plenty from this site but have only scratched the surface. It would provide me a great reference book and lots of info I never thought about.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
AckyE
Rennlist Member

I have been a Rennlist member since April and with the advice here I was able to make an educated purchase saving myself time, money and disappointment. As many on this forum, I dreamed about my own Porsche for a long time. Now I am one of the lucky few in this world who can proudly say I am a Porsche owner. Even my kids tell everyone, "My Dad drives a Porsche" , even the two year old!! I would love to learn the origins of Porsche and how this success story came about and how it keeps getting stronger by the day. One day I hope to pass the car and my passion to my children. There are many members on here that probably deserve this book more than me since they have provided invaluable knowledge to newbies like me and I am sure it will go to a deserving member. I only wish to be one of the four that receives this gift.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Joined RL when I got bit by the bug in 2007 but could not make it happen due to other priorities (kids going to college, house payments, etc and a 13-month gig in Iraq). Finally in a position to make this dream come true so a book like this for a Pcar noob/virigin like me would be a most fitting initiaition into the "club".

Most (if not all) of what little I know now about the 911 is due in part to the wealth of knowldege that I have been soaking up (nonstop) from Rennlist so getting a book like this from RL will be icing on the cake.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
pterfloth
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only been a Porsche owner for the past year and a bit and I would like to learn more about the history of the 911. I have owned many fine cars over the years but my 996 is by far the most fun, enjoyable car I have ever driven. The 911 is an engaging, driver's car. The feeling of connectedness, that the car is an extension of you, is something I never experienced before.

I have learned a lot on this forum in the past year and typically check for updates several times a day, on my desktop, laptop, iPhone and iPad. I need my Rennlist fix.

I would be honored to receive a copy of the book. Many thanks for the opportunity to win a copy.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

I need to win the book because I spent all my money on hookers and blow....and mods, of course!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Arrgh, such a great book, all the info in one place. I wish I was eligible. $#@!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
I need to win the book because I spent all my money on hookers and blow....and mods, of course!
You've got my vote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I am voting for the winner too.

Please PM for paypal instructions.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a lot of fancy reasons but it would make a great read while I am recovering from hip replacement surgery following a service related injury. I own a handful of Porsche books which I read thoroughly before buying my current C4S and I am an avid car guy since my early teens and fascinated by everything mechanical. Whenever I get a new car I tend to read everything I can including service manuals. Plus, this would make a great addition to my library!!
Cheers, Tom
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My younger brother, who has hit a real rough patch as of late, has loved Porsche's for as long as I can remember. He had a poster of a beautiful 911 on his wall while all I had was aircraft on mine. His passion would eventually spill over into my own. Without him - I might have missed these wonderful cars once I could afford one.

He would never spend his money on such a luxury, but would appreciate it more than most. While I can and will certainly get one of my own - I would love to have gotten one for him.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:27 AM
kamikaze62
8th Gear

I would love to win this book, because when I'm done reading it I would send it to this D-Bag that made this video:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-me-laugh.html
Old 12-17-2011, 03:47 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I missed the Lifetime Membership Deal
but gave to Rennwish anyway.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Books like this are a valuable part of Porsche ownership. It is not just a "car" - it is the passion of a family to create something of lasting value that satisfies our desire to truly drive the beautiful roads around us. I love reading books like this to remind me of that passion, that family of creative engineering genius, and the history of challenge and triumph over these 60 some years of Porsche. I have most other author's books on the history of Porsche and or specific models in the line, but have not read a book from Liffingwell. His articles in Excellence - often about great Porsche's and drivers - are are great part of that first rate magazine. So yes - I would like to win this book... and pass it on to my Grandson, to keep the passion going.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Knowing that BTO and SLOW are not eligible, I am willing to do anything to win the book. Otherwise, I would bow out gracefully.

I plan on taking pictures of the book in exotic locations, ala the garden gnome in the movie Amelie, and cross posting on multiple Rennlist forums to torment them.

Pick me!

Quick Reply: Book Give-away! The complete history of the 911.