Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche admits that 997 has same 0-60 as the 996!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:30 PM
SkydiveS4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buddy911t
Any car besides another Porshe cannot beat it in any real world situation.
Really?

I am a Porschephile, own one, and have owned two others, but with the statement you make above, your credibility goes out the window.

-Michael
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM
SkydiveS4
Track Day

You can qualify all you want. I don't have to like it and you can't shut me up dryballs. I hate BMW's they are in my humble opinion pieces of ****. As for being a newbie, my freind I hope your life opens up for you someday but for now I would be cautious. This is a bad time for you I know, but hang in there.
Wow.

Why are you attacking people?

Nobody attacked you or your automobile.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkydiveS4
Really?

I am a Porschephile, own one, and have owned two others, but with the statement you make above, your credibility goes out the window.

-Michael
Any real world car, Christ! I thought I'd be preaching to the converted. You must all think BMW's are cool and Porsches are just ok , if so what the f are you doing stirring up trouble in a Porsche site? I'm just confused as to your problems. Why are you here dear?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

You can qualify all you want. I don't have to like it and you can't shut me up dryballs. I hate BMW's they are in my humble opinion pieces of ****. As for being a newbie, my freind I hope your life opens up for you someday but for now I would be cautious. This is a bad time for you I know, but hang in there.
You have a join date of July 2011. You ARE a newbie and obviously not educated on the relative merits of the M3 to the 996 - that makes you ignorant also - simple statements of fact.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Wow.

yeah, I know. A little sensitive when his view of the world was adjusted.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Any real world car, Christ! I thought I'd be preaching to the converted. You must all think BMW's are cool and Porsches are just ok , if so what the f are you doing stirring up trouble in a Porsche site? I'm just confused as to your problems. Why are you here dear?
We're sports car enthusiasts. We know the strengths and weaknesses of our cars. We love them, but we haven't drunk the coolaid and don't believe that they walk on water and are the best cars in the world. They are phenomenal cars, but an educated realist knows their limitations. We know where they excel and we know where other similar cars excel.

Newbie, if you're if here to troll, then you've picked the wrong forum and you'll meet some resistance and an receive some education.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:48 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Funny, Porsche thinks 0-60 is important enough to post on their website however their road course track times are never mentioned.

That's a good point, however I'd bet Porsche would rather post Nring times and the like, unfortunately this info would go over the heads of most people. On the other hand, just about every performance car buyer is familiar with 0-60 times.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

did you forget your meds?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
That's a good point, however I'd bet Porsche would rather post Nring times and the like, unfortunately this info would go over the heads of most people. On the other hand, just about every performance car buyer is familiar with 0-60 times.
Well, that's the problem - track times are track, weather and driver dependent. Straight line 0-60 is easy.

Originally Posted by redridge
I did think the same thing. I think Ben Choi might be back with a different name.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Wow.

Me attack? I'm the most non -violent person you have ever been in communication with, and again I speak purely from experience , I love you
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
We're sports car enthusiasts. We know the strengths and weaknesses of our cars. We love them, but we haven't drunk the coolaid and don't believe that they walk on water and are the best cars in the world. They are phenomenal cars, but an educated realist knows their limitations. We know where they excel and we know where other similar cars excel.

Newbie, if you're if here to troll, then you've picked the wrong forum and you'll meet some resistance and an receive some education.
My dear welladmac. I believe you misunderstand my motives. I don't have an agenda like you do therefore we are on different levels of conscioucsness and understanding. I'm not saying anything to be mean. Really but it's so cute how you get all ruffeled like a dogs back(no disrepect, if you only knew how much I love dogs.) I don't have a clear understanding of trolling, Is that someone misrepresenting herself?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

My dear welladmac. I believe you misunderstand my motives. I don't have an agenda like you do therefore we are on different levels of conscioucsness and understanding. I'm not saying anything to be mean. Really but it's so cute how you get all ruffeled like a dogs back(no disrepect, if you only knew how much I love dogs.)
Gotta love your passive-agressive bit. I pity people who can't afford their meds.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:15 PM
SkydiveS4
Track Day

What the?!

I didn't say a word about BMWs in the context of your post. (I do enjoy them and have owned several, but that's beside the point. They're different cars, with different strengths that suit a different use case entirely, but that's beside the point.) What I find laughable is your generalization that the only car that can beat a Porsche is another Porsche.

The fact is that in capable hands a Honda can "beat" a Porsche in less capable hands, and there are a great number of "real world" cars that are faster and more capable than a 911.

I am a car nut. I presently own a 996 C4S. I love it. I have owned many cars and enjoyed them too. I do not believe that it or any 911 is "the best car in the world" but I do believe that 911s are among the best cars presently available to the middle class enthusiast.

The rest of your personally deleterious comments and poorly crafted sarcasms are out of place here, and do more to diminish your comments than they do the folks you aim them at.

-Michael
Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Originally Posted by redridge
no
Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Well, that's the problem - track times are track, weather and driver dependent. Straight line 0-60 is easy.
Agreed, although 0-60 times are also varied depending on surface and weather conditions(among other things), albeit to a much lesser extent.

I think the Nring has become the holy lands of performance car testing, hell even Caddy tests their high performance models there to record times.

I'd love to see the various manufacturers posts thier Nring times as often as they post their 0-60 times even if they are less than scientific. Of course this does not even take into account the blatant cheating that goes on with Nring testing by the manufacturers, can you say Nissan GT-R or ringer Ferraris? But again, I think posting these times would not be of much interest to the general car buying public, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Porsche admits that 997 has same 0-60 as the 996!