Sponsored by:

MSROADRACE

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSROADRACE

Ordered a supposedly new seat switch from this seller over a month ago for $370. Received seat switch ( which was not in a Porsche parts box other oem parts I have received usually come in), and the switch had a huge scratch on the front, and a broken tab on the back. I returned the switch and asked for a refund, as I don't want a broken, scratched, supposedly "new" part. He does not answer my emails over the next 3 weeks, so I open a paypal claim (as I tried to proect myself that way). Finally, I receive an email response from him today (outside of paypal, of course) and he basically tells me he was going to refund my money, but now he won't because I filed a paypal claim.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has had similar experiences with this guy- Dave Buhain and MsRoadRace. I am a little pissed off to be treated so dishonestly. I thought it was a pretty straightforward transaction. He sends me broken part, I return the broken part, and he refunds my money. But, for some reason, this guy feels he can send out crap parts, than keep the money. Last time I checked, that was considered stealing.

There are no two sides to the story. I contacted him as soon as I received the part to tell him it was broken, returned the part, and got no refund. As far as I know, he sold the part to someone else. Anyone have experience with this guy/company? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:54 PM
spender
Pro

Well... I'm not a vindictive guy so I didn't want to post about this when it happened, but I had a similar experience with this place. I ordered a roof rack on eBay that was described as being one that would fit on my car (a C4S) - but what showed up was a seemingly random and unrelated collection of parts, including a ski bracket from a 924! It had been described in the eBay ad as a 996 ski rack - when I contacted him, he apologized (superficially) and then sent me the pictures (which it is true were of what I received) - but his description was inaccurate and extremely misleading. I don't do business this way.

Bottom line, I see a lot of things on eBay now for sale by msroadrace that I might like to get, but I stay far away now.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
spender
Pro

Is this your switch?

eBay Link
Old 09-08-2011, 08:06 AM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

Nope, not my switch. I returned it a month ago, so they've probably sold it by now. I didn't buy it off ebay. I contacted them to see if they had it, he said they had a new one (I didn't want a used electrical part), and I bought it.

I'm just hoping by posting on here, a few people will take a little extra caution dealing with this guy. He stole $370 from me, which is infuriating.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That just doesn't sit well as a business owner. Good luck retrieving your $, I would do the same thing you are by at least posting this on a Rennlist site and providing the facts of your transaction.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
nittanyguy1
Advanced

I honestly don't think he gives a sh*t what people post about him. As long as he his the world wide ebay forum to sell his wares, he'll be in business. Just sucks I didn't buy this on ebay, because I can't leave negative feedback. Edit: I just received my refund today. Case closed. BUT...... don't buy from this guy.

Last edited by nittanyguy1; 09-08-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad you got your refund, It's too bad that happened, I remember Dave from way back in the early Rennlist days and bought from him with no issues.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 AM
kevinv
2nd Gear

I too want to add a negative comment about this vendor (MSROADRACE).
I'm in Australia and paid him $450 for a product which his advertisement claimed would suit a 964 (after double checking with him). Paid for delivery to Australia ( more costs) only to find that it didn't match the photo in the advert and was a wrong model for my car. He claimed it should fit and ended up not responding to my further emails so I'm stuck with it.
The guy has nil integrity so buyers beware - I wish I had seen these posts before I got caught!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That sucks for you and anyone else who might do business with this scumbag. Hopefully the word will get out with this latest scam. How long ago did you order your Porsche product from MSroadrace?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Well. my experiences with Dave have been perfect. He is slow at responding to emails but I bought a rear wing from him about 6 years ago and a few other parts since with no problems. I hope he hasn't fallen down this far because he does come up with some cool stuff. Sorry for the misfortunes.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried buying a steering wheel from him. Price was a bit high and yes responses were slow. Seems he has good parts available for sale though.

Anyhow, good thing you got your money back.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 AM
drhturbo
1st Gear

I also had a real bad experience with Dave Buhain's company. I bought a new left door from Road & Race Inc. a.k.a. MSROADRACE for my 78 turbo coupe in August 2011. But the bodyshop received a Speedster door from him instead, and did not realize that the belt molding would not fit until after the door was painted. Dave never answered phone or email inquiries about this. However, he did manage to get a credit card chargeback reversed in his favor due to painting of the door. He admitted to the bank that it was the wrong door, but would not provide a refund due to painting. He attributed the error to the door being 'somehow mismarked from the manufacturer's point of origin'. This 'error' has cost me $1500.00, and the car is still being repaired 5 months later with another new door. Customer service at Road and Race is a joke. Avoid dealing with this guy and save yourself a lot of money.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 AM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I would spend the money for a plane ticket to CA (a little vacation) and a personal visit to his shop, with my friend...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have no dog in this fight, but why is his feedback so high?
I mean look at it:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller
Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had wondered why some peoples feedback is high and looked at the items purchased and sold. It seems the value's aren't the key. Individual purchases raise the rating number. Saw a few guys with lots of sub $1 purchases that were probably done between bogus accounts of the same person or friends. If the moneys weren't going to be returned to the same person I'm sure they were stockpiled for paying party bar bills for alcoholics during their get together.

Quick Reply: MSROADRACE