Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 AM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
3-4 hours at maximum.

I can tell you that in July.

Some people will get to see the unit in early-mid July as we make a cross country tour, hitting some of the most prominent Porsche repair facilities.
do tell us when u in tri-state, will love to see it.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,288 Likes on 902 Posts

We'll probably just be heading due west on the trip and will spend most of the time in California.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Jake, what installer do you recommend in the tri-state area (ny, nj, ct)
Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Ivangene,
You'll have one of the first available! Chris and the gang do such a good job that I want them to be a major left coast dealer for the technology.
I can potentially volunteer my car. It's Ed's (ivangene) old car which was my old car...
Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redridge
Jake, what installer do you recommend in the tri-state area (ny, nj, ct)
For this technology, or an IMSR procedure??

Shops are not pleasing us these days, my recommendations for other facilities is dwindling as we find more and more companies are not carrying out the kind of customer service that we expect. Bad communication, less than effective practices and only being concerned with the bottom line is forcing us to expand our services to other areas via more tucks and cars being shipped in/out of the FSI facility.

I can potentially volunteer my car. It's Ed's (ivangene) old car which was my old car...
We do not utilize the customer base for development, we have our own lab and our own test vehicles. When we sell something it is fully developed. Thats the Flat Six Difference.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

For this technology, or an IMSR procedure??

Shops are not pleasing us these days, my recommendations for other facilities is dwindling as we find more and more companies are not carrying out the kind of customer service that we expect. Bad communication, less than effective practices and only being concerned with the bottom line is forcing us to expand our services to other areas via more tucks and cars being shipped in/out of the FSI facility.
IMSR... shops in the tri-state? PM if preferred.

so, the IMS failure detect procedure is easy enough with diy'ers? shipping would prob be out of the questions for many of us here...
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Shipping is cost effective and EASY. We move so many cars that we have our own shippers and the pricing is good, we have gotten complete truck loads of vehicles in the past. We are moving dozens of cars some months, from as far away as Canada and California on a routine basis. We have cars here now from 9 states, one more on the way home to Oregon, another shipping to W. Virginia Friday and two inbound from Canada! One was driven in from Minnessota, dropped off and the owner will be driving it home on Friday after a deluxe preventive procedure was carried out.

For an IMSR, just send the car to the shop that did the first IMSR and developed the technology for simple bearing extraction. We co-developed the IMSR procedure with LN Engineering, we have carried out more than anyone and we don't have to call to ask people for help if we hit a problem. If your IMSR extraction doesn't go smoothly, you want your car at my facility.

And we have a IMSR Clinic ongoing this entire month of May, with a 350.00 discount :-)

See these pages for all the details of what the FSI IMSR procedure consists of, overlook the pricing as Rennlisters get the special pricing at 3,150.00 for our version of the IMSR this month.
http://www.flat6innovations.com/serv...shaft-retrofit

There will be no need for anyone to ship a car to us for our detection technology to be applied. The install is so simple that it can be done in the garage by the most non-mechanically inclined person. We are shooting an installation DVD as well that takes the installer through all the processes a step at a time.. You'll see. You'll love it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

ughhh.. why did I find and look at this thread. Its consuming my thoughts on a submission.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

It can really consume your mind.. Without my direct experience with the engines and some of my previous experiences I would have never thought of this. The harder you think about it, the further off base you will travel. :-)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM
thirteeneast
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jake,

Will you sell one to me in the UK when the time comes?.

I want it, and I dont even know what it is LOL.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jake, the same device will be available on boxster?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

The Boxster and 996 can equally utilize this... At our level there are no differences in the engines, just a couple mm of bore size in most situations. The technology can be applied to ANY M96/M97 powered Porsche.

Jake,

Will you sell one to me in the UK when the time comes?.

I want it, and I dont even know what it is LOL.
We ship to Europe daily, shipping isn't an issue, even when we ship turnkey engines to Russia! I am sure we will secure some EU distributors before the technology is released to make ordering simpler.

Lots of people want it and don't know what it is. I really wish we could go ahead and release it, but the paperwork takes time and we just HAVE to wait.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will be no need for anyone to ship a car to us for our detection technology to be applied. The install is so simple that it can be done in the garage by the most non-mechanically inclined person. We are shooting an installation DVD as well that takes the installer through all the processes a step at a time.. You'll see. You'll love it.
Would you recommend purchasing/installing this technology if we've already had the IMSR installed, or can we rest assured those aren't going to go boom?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

I'll answer that question after the technology is released :-)

The IMSR with ceramic hybrid bearings are batting 100% in regard to service, NONE have failed to date.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
thirteeneast
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Boxster and 996 can equally utilize this... At our level there are no differences in the engines, just a couple mm of bore size in most situations. The technology can be applied to ANY M96/M97 powered Porsche.

We ship to Europe daily, shipping isn't an issue, even when we ship turnkey engines to Russia! I am sure we will secure some EU distributors before the technology is released to make ordering simpler.

Lots of people want it and don't know what it is. I really wish we could go ahead and release it, but the paperwork takes time and we just HAVE to wait.
Thank you.

I can get some sleep now.

Quick Reply: IMS new detection speculation