996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

MY muffler bypass thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
bigrob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had enogh of these babies!! Putting my mufflers back on! They are starting to get to be too much for all the time, and drive my car alot. Also as stated, other than hard accel, I am not so crazy bout the sound either, especially with an auto.......and last but not least, my girl refuses to drive with me could b a good thing!! I have decided to keep it a nice mildly quiet ride, my airbox is pretty wide open and sounds nice when I accel!

Anyway I have a few kwik Q's......I dont have my mufflers with me, or I would be able to figure this out, do the muffler pipe and cat pipe just match up, and NOT overlap as the bypass pipes do?....and where can I get that sleeve and proper 4 clamps? I looked at alot of P parts places, but found nothing like what I was looking for. Also it seems that reinstall would be easier with the brackets installed first then mufflers? I realize to reverse the 2 bolts and put them in from the bottom

Thanks!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:22 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the same... that around town I really did not enjoy the muffler bypass, When my son & I would go out a rip up the local hot spots... it was cool (my son would smile ear to ear)... If the car was not a track rat these days I would take them off & go with a muffler hack... A friend did the FisterD's this fall & I really thought they were a good alternative.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

funny you mentionned to put the 2 bolts from the bottom cause thats what i did and it was much easier

also when i reinstalled, i put the bracket first in place then the muffler,

a second pair of hands is recommmanded to make the install easier
Old 12-04-2010, 04:35 PM
bigrob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
funny you mentionned to put the 2 bolts from the bottom cause thats what i did and it was much easier

also when i reinstalled, i put the bracket first in place then the muffler,

a second pair of hands is recommmanded to make the install easier
Thanks!! I did find the OEM clamps at Partstrain....so i am good to go!

Quick Reply: MY muffler bypass thoughts