Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What is the best place to live when you enjoy driving ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:11 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Do the Dragon on a sunny Tuesday in November and it is an empty rollercoaster.

Complaining about law enforcement cracking down on speeders using a public road like a race track seems sort of foolish to me. I have grown up and gotten over my dislike of the police. Mostly. Senseless speed traps simply for revenue generation still **** me off. But those exist everyhwere.

If you really want to drive that fast, join PCA and head to the track (not that you have to join PCA to go to the track, just makes it easier and possibly cheaper).
Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ahh!

Originally Posted by rpm's S2
North Carolina - anywhere from mountains to sea.

- Where is Porsche heaven on earth: Tail of the Dragon and Virginia International Raceway
- Open road quality and variety: See above + many other mountain roads and windy blacktop through the Piedmont. And of course, the beach! Highway 12 in November after the tourists have gone.
- Track proximity: VIR/CMP/CMS/NCCAR... and not that far from Summit Point or Road Atlanta
- Running cost (gas prices, insurance, taxes): Low - car insurance is gecko low.
- Weather conditions: Perfect... but for that summer humidity thing. Rest of the year is like NorCal. Convertible weather nearly year-round.
Quality of life overall (safety, political, food and drinks...): Tops in the nation - particularly in Raleigh or Charlotte. Barbeque... and BBQ Runs. Politics? Well, we elected Jesse Helms and Barack Obama. Take your pick. We don't ask your business here.
- Comment: I grew up in Northern California and have lived all over, including Germany and the Northeast. But NC is my home now. Not the glitz of Newport Beach or the money of Connecticut, but good, real good. Nice people. And great PCA Regions - Hurricane and Carolinas! If the place had an autobahn it would be perfect.
what he said...

Quick Reply: What is the best place to live when you enjoy driving ?