996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Well guys, it’s been great, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Tim, first of... My prayers will be with you, your family and your son... be strong as you are already wise. Being a stay home dad with 2 small boys.... I cannot fathom the anguish you and your family has gone through... I am deeply sorry.

You are one of the loyal guards here and a shining example of what an RL member is about.... We will await for your post and I agree with ArneeA.... you dont have to leave, but do understand what you must do... family of all things are the most important in life.

With all that have been said... I agree, one day.... get another P-car and best of luck with your job hunting. Again, we'll await for your posts!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I respect your decision to move on, if it makes you feel better. Hopefully you will find work and be Gotta again, instead of Hadda! Take care Tim and family, and do check back every once in a while!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim,

I am blessed with two wonderful sons, 20 and 23, I can't even begin to imagine ........
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I have always enjoyed your insightful comments and playful banter. If you feel you must leave, we will miss you indeed. Hopefully things will turn around and you'll be back in a "p".

All the best ....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will miss your humor and your practical insights! Best of luck for the future!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Tim,
as a father of two beautiful teenage girls, I cannot even begin to comprehend the sorrow you and your family must feel. My heart goes out to all of you and I'm sure that things will turn around for you sooner than later.
Like others have said, I had hoped that your post was an April fool's joke, but sadly I see it isn't.
Do come around again.

Last edited by pongobaz; 04-01-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tim,

I hate to hear that you are pulling back from RL, but I understand your decision. I know that recently you have been dealt some very tough cards (job losses, moves, two mortgages to name a few).

I will keep you and you whole family in my prayers. I genuinely hope to meet you one day and I hope at the right time you'll return to this wacky little corner of the web again.

God Bless....

Ray
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Sky996
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim,
In my brief and recent exchange and through this thread, I want to Thank You for being part of my life and reminding us what's important and what's "real". We have one timeline in life to follow and you never know what track you may be on or how you got there - all we can do is to appreciate and love being here and now - blessed for the past and future. Our Higher Power has us go through things for a reason. God speed!

Scott "Sky996"
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

No, Tim. This is unacceptable behavior on your part. I refuse to just wish you fare winds and following seas and be done with you. NOT gonna happen!
I went for 10 years, between 1979 and 1989 without a Porsche in the driveway, thinking, "No more Porsches for me. Oh, I'll get over this some day." Did that happen? NO WAY! You NEVER get over this family of Porsche friends who rely on you, respect you, and have EXPECTATIONS of your presence here. Is that selfish? No more than you just up and quitting on us.
Did we shun you when you switched from a Porsche to a Honda? NO!
Did we shun you when years passed and you STILL didn't have a Porsche. NO! Dammit, we stayed with you. We kept you in the house.
And THIS is what happens? This is how you treat FAMILY??????
You will play this for a while, but you WILL be back. You will come to a point where your curiosity will overcome you and you will drop back in for a peek. You will lurk a little, and then some nubie will post an obvious ENZO and you will be overcome with the NEED to reply.
Don't fight it.
Resistance is futile.

Until then, go ahead. Try to fool yourself into believing you no longer belong here. Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by Thundertub; 04-01-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

Tim - if you ever end up in Colorado for any period of time, there's a P-car here w/ your name on it ready for you to drive - for as long as you wish. Godspeed, our friend.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundertub
Resistance is futile.

Until then, go ahead. Try to fool yourself into believing you no longer belong here. Ain't gonna happen.
Good post.....
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundertub
No, Tim. This is inacceptible behavior on your part. I refuse to just wish you fare winds and following seas and be done with you. NOT gonna happen!
I went for 10 years, between 1979 and 1989 without a Porsche in the driveway, thinking, "No more Porsches for me. Oh, I'll get over this some day." Did that happen? NO WAY! You NEVER get over this family of Porsche friends who rely on you, respect you, and have EXPECTATIONS of your presence here. Is that selfish? No more than you just up and quitting on us.
Did we shun you when you switched from a Porsche to a Honda? NO!
Did we shun you when years passed and you STILL didn't have a Porsche. NO! Dammit, we stayed with you. We kept you in the house.
And THIS is what happens? This is how you treat FAMILY??????
You will play this for a while, but you WILL be back. You will come to a point where your curiosity will overcome you and you will drop back in for a peek. You will lurk a little, and then some nubie will post an obvious ENZO and you will be overcome with the NEED to reply.
Don't fight it.
Resistance is futile.

I know it's corny but Rennlist has always been more about the lunatics that post here than the cars.... Tim, you bring allot to this forum.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Sorry to here about your son. I truley will miss seeing your posts in areas out of this forum - and say to my self what is he doing here! You truely will always be hear - denial is a tough thing to overcome. There are other ways to "let go". See ya when you feel better.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Tom, even though I know know you through Rennlist I'd like to say that you took away some of the negativity and seriousness in this place.

My prayers are with you and your family and I'm very to hear about your precious son, I have twin girls aged 5 and they mean the world to me.

Please don't be a stranger, although I'll be also departing rennlist myself in the next week or two...

Mick
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
jp413384
Rennlist Member

Tim,

Sorry to see you go. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family on the 13th.

I hope the future takes a very bright turn for you. And soon. . .

Scott
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Guys,

Just stopping by here to say "thank you" for the kind words and well wishes.

I am surprised, in a good way, by the collective replies. To be honest, I thought I was known more as the "likable, village idiot who makes everyone laugh" rather than for my knowledge of the 996's. I was OK with that because my sense of humor has a tendency to perpetuate that persona. Maybe I am more transparent than I realize.

Thanks again guys and take care of those beautiful machines!

Quick Reply: Well guys, it’s been great, but.....