Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

sorry for your loss
godspeed to your family
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM
fw2001c4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while i dont post often, i do read many posts that are of interest to me. you are one of the most prominent RLer in the 996 forrum in my view and enjoy your comments. but more than prominence, your catalog of knowledge is impressive.... you have instant answers for most queries. but what struck me most is your eagerness to lend a helping hand. i know youre genuinely a nice guy. everytime i posted here asking for help, you responded within a day, prob more like few hours!

you manner is never offensive. its clear youre just trying to be funny. while the humor may be good, bad or indifferent i get it. youre never pushy or opinionated or forceful. you frame your opinion as just that, not to be taken as right or wrong, but your view. even as this forum dealt with ben, you were very calm while most expressed their views, understandably nasty and emphatic at times.

i was deeply saddened as i read about your son.... no parent should ever have to bury a child. while you and your family have been deprived of him here on earth, i bet hes bringing great joy to others in another world. as we witness all the suffering, conflict and now a friggin global recession here in our world, the other world dont sound too bad for some i bet. none of this is meant to diminish your pain and sorrow obviously....

im amazed at how im feeling now, as i write this, to a person with whom ive had maybe 5 direct exchanges with. when i get on this forum, i KNOW im gonna read one of your posts and sigh, laugh or chuckle. so you truly feel like a friend or family. and i think i speak for da familia when i say our fondness for you is a reflection of how wonderful a human being you are.

ive already said a prayer for your son. and i will do so again as you requested on 5/13 anniversary date.

i will miss you for sure. as all the responses show, you are a beloved RLer. i hope you stick around... or take a hiatus and return. im sure you have your reasons for "leaving". when you do return, and i know its a matter of WHEN, we will all collectively embrace you back into this ragtag, far reaching, 996 RL family.

i wish you and your family all the best. be well and i truly hope we cross paths again soon.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

best of luck in your future endeavors
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
carsareart
Intermediate

May God bless you and be with you and your family. Larry
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping that this was an April Fools post when I began to read. I said a prayer.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
best of luck in your future endeavors
Sorry to hijack Tim but where the hell have you been 99firehawk?!?!

Long time, no see...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Tim,
We'll think about you often. You will be missed.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
To be honest, I thought I was known more as the "likable, village idiot who makes everyone laugh" rather than for my knowledge of the 996's.
Tim, you're the only guy here with any photoshop skills - you will be missed! (I'll never forget your toilet paper roll mod...)

Seriously, the forum is about the people - not the cars or what type of oil they use.

You're a great guy in my book and have obviously lived through more than most of us - that's why we respect you and enjoy your company.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Zoolander
Racer

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I still remember all the help you gave me in my search for my 996 which I still have and love thanks to your guidance. You have helped to make the 996 board a great source of humor, camaraderie, and information.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Tim, it is an incredible testimony to your character that you still have a great sense of humor, after suffering such a life-altering loss. My prayers are with you and your family. You will be missed.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim....wow, didn't know about your son. As a father of 3 boys, the oldest being 8, I am extending to you a "man" hug. I shudder to even think about what your life was like a decade ago. You obviously were strong enough to keep your sanity. Good for you...thoughts and prayers your way.

Wishing you a fruitful future, and I hope to see you lurk here and there down the road. While I recently sold my 996 (for practical as well as financial reasons), I still rely on this place as one of my cyberhomes. I also hope to be back in a P-car soon enough. I'm still in denial about my transition, this is my first mention of it here, but it just made sense, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Your humor and constant selfless input will be missed....I especially got a kick out of your comments when I was using my older laptop with the missing "Q" button..

Stay well,
Jon
Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Van
Tim, you're the only guy here with any photoshop skills - you will be missed! (I'll never forget your toilet paper roll mod...)
Ha, yeah, or the "big girl" on his hood, ha, still lol weeks later....
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

BEST WISHES TIM!!!! I wish you and your family all the best. As a father myself, I cannot begin to imagine the sorrow that you feel for your son, but rest assured that he is in a better place.

I remember very fondly your helping me with questions about my new 996(new to me) back in early 2006, and for that I will be forever grateful. Although, I also vividly remember you busting on me when my first attempts at posting pics of my car failed. You said something to the effect of “Yes, I see your car very vividly, it’s a white 996 caught in a blizzard.”

Anyway, thanks for your help and input over the years. You will be truly missed.

Last edited by DreamCarrera; 04-02-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,886 Likes on 2,408 Posts

Tim,

i will say a prayer for damian and also wishing you the best of everything. there is no reason to "move on" from the forum. i dont believe 996 ownership is required to be here.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Van

Seriously, the forum is about the people - not the cars or what type of oil they use.

You're a great guy in my book and have obviously lived through more than most of us - that's why we respect you and enjoy your company.
Van
I did a search and cannot find the toilet paper mod.
could you post linky please? (how much extra hp? )

Quick Reply: Well guys, it’s been great, but.....