Sponsored by:

AGLA CUSTOM STEERING WHEELS for 996

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGLA CUSTOM STEERING WHEELS for 996

This is my first post to all of you in Rennlist.With help from Kong in Rennlist.
We got things going today for me to start being a sponsor today march 10th 2009 .So I am very happy to communicate what is it AGLA does. AGLA customizes steering wheels and restores them also to oem specs .I have had clients world wide now over the last 20 years making variations of
996 wheels sort of the tech art type wheels but more available custom colors / thread / alcantara and most important it seems - padded wheels. Starting with the 996/boxster 3 spoke design that stared out 1999 I have had customers literally with a new wheel from the showroom floor ask me to pad the wheel to make it more usable.Many have found it to be too thin from the factory.AGLA adds in about 1/3 more in diameter -(3/4 inch circumference ) to the base of the wheel .Then we recover in all sorts of wild colors .Or just the base color in leather as it came .Alcantara has been quite popular since the GT2 models came out with that material .Some have asked me use a combination of both leather/alcantara also.Basically we can make a wheel looking like factory ,sewn up like factory to your particular specification.We have even salvaged badly damaged wood wheels and converted leather wheel to either new wood or aluminum ,carbon fiber .So you can make your 996 wheel pretty much any way you wish.We do have an options list that is seen at a ebay store running curently with a number of pictures of custom AGLA 996 steering wheels at this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1696&viewitem=

Also AGLA does make shiftboots /***** units that always wear out and we can recover emergency break handles.More of what we do can be found at our web site www.aglausa.com however i must state that i have been trying to update with alot of 996 items and it is not complete yet ,but the web site at least tells you something more about us as from this short introduction.

Also i will post some pictures here later of some recent 996 wheels I have made.Feel free to ask me any questions about steering wheels ,shiftboots and *****.I like to think after all these years I have gotten a sense of all sort of issues when it comes to the main items you interact the most when you drive your 996

So thanks for stoping by and reading my post starting out introducing myself and AGLA to all of you at RENNLIST-THANKS

ALAN GUN,President AGLA,inc.( alan gun leather accesories )
Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Also some of are awaiting a facebook page I am working on- besides the ebay link
I also have another wheel outright for sale for a 996 on ebay .It's a padded 996 3 spoke black wheel with thumb rests , perforated leather sides and smooth leather top and bootom areas.Then it has a anatomic grip at 3-9 o'clock.If you are interested - i do have more pictures to supply you besides this ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

If the link does not connect - then copy /paste it into your browser.
Thanks
A Gun
AGLA
Old 03-12-2009, 12:20 AM
silberrosa
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Several years ago I purchased a DIY kit from AGLA to re-cover the steering wheel in my old burgundy interior 944 turbo S. I can say the kit, instructions and support from this organization was very good. While I did do the work myself, I would recommend leaving it to the pros as it is not an easy task. Mine actually turned out beautifully but I had the sore hands to prove it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I had Alan do a custom leather cover for my truck's steering wheel because only plastic was available from the factory for my model. Alan's crew did an outstanding job. The fit and detail is as good as the factory leather-wrapped wheels available on the higher-end model.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

welcome to the Rennlist Alan
Old 03-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Arena996
Advanced

Is there anything that can be done with a cracking carbonfiber wheel?
JIM
Old 03-16-2009, 02:34 AM
TTJunkie

I had my wheel padded by Alan a few years ago. I sent it back three times. Two years later I finally gave up and bought a Daytona GT from FVD. AGLA simply doesn't perform leather work to Porsche standards. I even paid an additional $200 over the original $600 in an attempt to get something usable. I know you're not supposed to say bad things about sponsers, but I had a very bad experience. Sorry.

Ric Vieler :-(
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Ric
We tried our best with you- nothing made you happy.- yes you found a flaw in the first wheel and changed some things around to accomodate you- I even warrantied the wheel a second time AFTER you actually told me you took it to the track who knows how many times and the wheel looked like it was abused over and above normal use- and on a chasmere beige wheel you really used it up.We lent you a free loaner wheel that held up production on other clients to accomodate you. You sent back the wheel a total of 3 times .I my 20 years of doing this - you won the award of most warranties from me.
You wheel was very memorable to me because I have never had a wheel sent back a year later after being used for racing and being abused like that - honestly I do not know of any company who would have warranteed any part for you.Even Porsche and FVD.Because I am a small business owner I guess its easy to pick on and get away with it using the excuse on the first wheel issues - you should have paid for all new work .To be fair you did paid me a half on a new wheel in full disclosure . However you should have paid in full for all new work.
Since that stunt on me AGLA policy now is -"severve track use" sorry that voids any warranty.I know full well having raced myself that any wheel gets abused from PCA events and there is some leeway I can apply nor has it ever happened before or since we did your wheel. Frankly all it took was that one person to abuse what I thought was a liberal warranty for the rare occasion that we may have to redo a wheel.
Severe track use in my interpretation is- leather grip is twisted off it base- added padded under leather by AGLA - which is bonded on- is twisted off,which is really hard to do- unless you are abusing the wheel beyond what I consider some normal track use most Porsche owners do .

Am I perfect in the manufacture of all my wheels -no- since its all handmade - but no one is perfect - pick any business large or small -but I try my best.How i it I have been doing this for 20 years??Must be doing something right? Recently I do admit I had a wheel we re did similar to yours under warranty.He also wanted a change the color in certant sections and an issue on the grip that had to be corrected after a year.We were so burried with paying customers that I could not get the wheel done for 2 months until there was space avaulable to correct it. His car was parked away for the winter anyway. So yes I was slow in getting it back to him. i am human- just trying my best for everyone
Are you going to tell FVD when you ruin that wheel to warranty it a year later??
I have restored FVD wheels- remade them actually from abused wheels because FVD could not /would not warranty them - they are made no different than what I do here

Look at this ebay link - this is maybe 1% of the wheels I have made in the last year.Note:not one has come back to me after being abused like yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

I'll have facebook page up soon with alot of pictues of happy customers that were not abused by the owners.As in anything in llfe - there's two side to every story.

Alan Gun
aglausa.com
Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM
TTJunkie

To his credit, Alan did try very hard to get it right for over two years.
Anyone want to buy a padded 3-point steering wheel in Savannah beige?
Just kidding :-)
Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

As to the carbon fiber (CF) repair question up above
You have several choices that I can do

The fastest way to repair is to recover it over with leather.thats the choice for used car shops, some dealers ,and if you are needing to sell your car quick and save money .So we cover it up all in leather -no more carbon fiber and looks like an all stock leather wheel.Cost is 250.00 plus shipping.

Now if you want to save the carbon wheel as it was originally which is the proper way to do it - then we can do it in the correct CF 2x2 twill- not a decal water transfer procces that i saw on a 928 forum that is fake cf and looks wrong.Thats what most places do .Its just a fancy decal.
We hand lay the cf into place and then new leather if needed - and its a hard proccess and it can take up to 4-5 weeks to do.basically trying to replicate what porsche did- except more clear coat- Thats my opinion as to why they crack - not enough clear coat or strong enough clear coat to endure interior heat.
Another choice alot have done is going to the padded wheel route.We can cover over the cracked CF ,
pad it to GT2 specs then do it in all new leather /alcantara /design it you way . This starts at 499 and up depending on options you select.

And yes I have a free loaner while we do your wheel in any configuration you why want.
feel free to contact me at 1 800 780 4500
thanks A gun
Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
maci911
Racer

hi du u have alu/silver sterring
Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by TTJunkie
I had my wheel padded by Alan a few years ago. I sent it back three times. Two years later I finally gave up and bought a Daytona GT from FVD. AGLA simply doesn't perform leather work to Porsche standards. I even paid an additional $200 over the original $600 in an attempt to get something usable. I know you're not supposed to say bad things about sponsers, but I had a very bad experience. Sorry.

Ric Vieler :-(
Ric,
You're not alone. This guy is bad news. Here's but a snippet of my unfortunate experience with him: AGLA

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Hi ric -see you are still at it- I see you forgot to mention again you voided the waranty by abusing the wheel while racing with it .Again does FVD know you are racing and abusing the wheel .How many times are they going to warrnaty the wheel for you?FVD is just 15 miinute away from me here in Ft lauderdale- maybe i should give them a call and let themn know......

I'llpost this becasue i am fighting back -It sthe same 5-6 of you who are trash talking my business
One rennlister is getting thrown off from his antics bad mouthing me and Andreas here went to every forum to badmouth me
Here's the same reply I have to the several of you since you insist .

Andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do businees with 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that's a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama and Excellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business making and selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and I will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by AGLA
Hi ric -see you are still at it- I see you forgot to mention again you voided the waranty by abusing the wheel while racing with it .Again does FVD know you are racing and abusing the wheel .How many times are they going to warrnaty the wheel for you?FVD is just 15 miinute away from me here in Ft lauderdale- maybe i should give them a call and let themn know......

I'llpost this becasue i am fighting back -It sthe same 5-6 of you who are trash talking my business
One rennlister is getting thrown off from his antics bad mouthing me and Andreas here went to every forum to badmouth me
Here's the same reply I have to the several of you since you insist .

Andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do businees with 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that's a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama and Excellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business making and selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and I will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.

Alan,
I'll make this very simple. If you want to report me to the forum moderators for telling the TRUTH about my experience with you - go ahead. Have at it. I have nothing to lose. I've contributed a hell of a lot to this forum - you have not.

Fact - I sent the steering wheel from my 4Runner to you based on all of the good things I had read about you. My wheel was faded, but otherwise sound. You ruined the wheel. Yes - you ruined it. If you want to make good on this - buy a new Toyota 4Runner steering wheel and send it to me. Otherwise, I maintain that you screwed me out of quite a bit of money and left me with a pathetic excuse for a recovered steering wheel.

Those are the facts. Feel free to respond as you wish...

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by AGLA
You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
We don't have a clue and that is why you get paid for your work. Quite frankly; I really don't care. If you are not able to perform to the standards dictated by the auto industry 100% of the time, why would I take the chance to do business with you? Would you buy a meal from a restaurant that may or may not give you stomach pains?

I rather buy an OEM replacement and not have an issue with returning the item for a new one if it is not to my satisfaction.

Quick Reply: AGLA CUSTOM STEERING WHEELS for 996