Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:41 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by safetravel4kids
The RideSafer Car Seat is certified crash tested and exceeds the US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 for Child Restraint Systems. It is tested and compared with all other child safety restraints. In most of the crash test categories, it has 40%+ less acceleration readings than the allowable crash test requirements to be certified.

Feel free to ask further questions about the RideSafer and we are happy to answer them as we are a licensed retailer and a Porsche owner.
Well, I end up buying one and have been using it. The issue with all restraint systems for these cars is that there are compromises. A regular car seat doesn't leave much room between the child and the front seat back, so in a crash, or even under heavy braking, my child was hitting their head on the front seat back. Also, a regular car seat leaves the child's head pretty high in a Cab. Both situations are improved with the RideSafer I have. In a rollover, the child's head is lower, and under heavy braking, my child is no longer hitting their head. I simply snug them in tight and they stay put.

So far it's been good.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:35 PM
safetravel4kids
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safe Travel 4 Kids Launches RideSafer Child Car Seats (Perfect fit for Porsches)

Safe Travel 4 Kids is pleased to announce the launch of our sponsorship on Rennlist. As a licensed retailer of the RideSafer Child Car Seats, we are excited to offer this extraordinary car seat that will meet Porsche enthusiasts’ needs.

As an owner of a 911, I know how difficult it is to find a child car seat that is both safe for your kids and functional for your car. The RideSafer is designed for kids ages 3+ and guaranteed to fit perfectly in the back seat of any Porsche with ZERO modifications.

The RideSafer 5-point harness car seat we offer is crash test certified and exceeds the US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 for child restraint systems. The RideSafer can be used on its own or paired with the ultralight Delighter Booster.

Never struggle again installing a car seat into the back of your Porsche or carrying a 35 lbs car seat through the airport. The RideSafer weighs less than 2 lbs and can easily be transferred into any car including Uber and Lyft rideshares.

Please visit us at www.safetravel4kids.com to shop for the RideSafer ($159 with free shipping within the U.S.) and our other ultralight and portable travel gear for kids.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:43 PM
mrjonger
Pro

Thanks for chiming in Nicholas. I've purchased one and am eagerly awaiting for my daughter to grow into it. She is 3, but on the skinnier side. The other nice thing is that we won't have to worry about taking a Lyft or taxi without a car seat - you should really market that in traveling media.

What booster are you using in the picture above?

Edit: You should also be marketing this to the 996 cab owners! There is no latch anchor for the cab, meaning the seat belt is the only thing holding the seat in place. Combined with the position of the seat belt latch, there any not really any snug fitting car seats for the 996 cab aside from the older Porsche seats (not available anymore) or the Maxi Cosi Rubi (only available in the EU). Good luck. Great idea btw.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:50 PM
safetravel4kids
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrjonger
Thanks for chiming in Nicholas. I've purchased one and am eagerly awaiting for my daughter to grow into it. She is 3, but on the skinnier side. The other nice thing is that we won't have to worry about taking a Lyft or taxi without a car seat - you should really market that in traveling media.

What booster are you using in the picture above?

Edit: You should also be marketing this to the 996 cab owners! There is no latch anchor for the cab, meaning the seat belt is the only thing holding the seat in place. Combined with the position of the seat belt latch, there any not really any snug fitting car seats for the 996 cab aside from the older Porsche seats (not available anymore) or the Maxi Cosi Rubi (only available in the EU). Good luck. Great idea btw.
It is our Delighter Booster. The seat is ultralight weighing 2 lbs. It pairs perfectly with the RideSafer to raise kids up to see out of the windows and is ergonomically designed for comfort.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,071 Posts

It is our Delighter Booster. The seat is ultralight weighing 2 lbs. It pairs perfectly with the RideSafer to raise kids up to see out of the windows and is ergonomically designed for comfort.

Will this actually fit in a 911 (996) Cab rear seats? I haven't been able to find many that do.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 AM
joe-1972
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So I have a slightly different problem for us to figure out...
I have a roll bar with a rear seat delete in my car and can only used the front passenger seat for my kids...

My 16yo is no issue but my 5yo is... mom will not let the little one in the car.
What are my options for a small child in the front seat? Air Bag issues... Seat vs Booster...

Thanks...
Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 PM
safetravel4kids
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
Will this actually fit in a 911 (996) Cab rear seats? I haven't been able to find many that do.
The Delighter Booster fits in the 996. My son pictured below is sitting in a 996 Turbo Coupe. We recommend pairing all boosters used with the RideSafer harness.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:11 AM
rogazilla
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe-1972
So I have a slightly different problem for us to figure out...
I have a roll bar with a rear seat delete in my car and can only used the front passenger seat for my kids...

My 16yo is no issue but my 5yo is... mom will not let the little one in the car.
What are my options for a small child in the front seat? Air Bag issues... Seat vs Booster...

Thanks...
My PO bought a front airbag disable device from Porsche, its a seat belt buckle that you can plug in under the passenger seat. I assume if you have Porsche car seat that's where the tether plug in? but with this little buckle you can defeat the passenger airbag and use car seat... My daughter is 4 and she sits in the back seat.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:00 PM
mrjonger
Pro

The Delighter Booster fits in the 996. My son pictured below is sitting in a 996 Turbo Coupe. We recommend pairing all boosters used with the RideSafer harness.

The vest is 3 yrs / 30 lbs but booster is 4 yrs / 40lbs. Doing a quick search, that seems to be the norm for backless boosters. So if I wanted to use it now, I'm looking at getting a high back booster. Ideal would be if there's one that's out there that will fit under the lip of the pop up bar housing. Sigh...I feel like it would be easier to just get a custom car seat made.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
joe-1972
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rogazilla
My PO bought a front airbag disable device from Porsche, its a seat belt buckle that you can plug in under the passenger seat. I assume if you have Porsche car seat that's where the tether plug in? but with this little buckle you can defeat the passenger airbag and use car seat... My daughter is 4 and she sits in the back seat.
Thank you rogazilla... I am aware of the seat belt/airbag deactivation...

I'm looking to see what seats or boosters people have used in the front seats?
I want the airbag to still work... but not with out my kid being secured properly...
Old 10-18-2017, 10:57 PM
safetravel4kids
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrjonger
The vest is 3 yrs / 30 lbs but booster is 4 yrs / 40lbs. Doing a quick search, that seems to be the norm for backless boosters. So if I wanted to use it now, I'm looking at getting a high back booster. Ideal would be if there's one that's out there that will fit under the lip of the pop up bar housing. Sigh...I feel like it would be easier to just get a custom car seat made.
You can use the RideSafer without any booster seat starting at 3yrs/ 30 lbs or use with the Delighter Booster.

The 4 yrs/ 40 lbs requirement for the Delighter Booster is only if it is used on its own.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 PM
mrjonger
Pro

You can use the RideSafer without any booster seat starting at 3yrs/ 30 lbs or use with the Delighter Booster.

The 4 yrs/ 40 lbs requirement for the Delighter Booster is only if it is used on its own.
Got it, that helps. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:52 AM
Cooperd0g
5th Gear

Originally Posted by strathconaman
I just put two Cosco Scenera NEXT seats into my 996, and they are a super fit. Highly recommended.
Forward or rear facing?
Old 12-26-2017, 05:07 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 211 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooperd0g
Forward or rear facing?
Forward facing...
Old 02-13-2018, 05:52 PM
professorman
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I use a Britax Marathon car seat. I removed the base portion of it, removed the rear seat bottom. It fits quite well. My son aboslutely loves it. He is 2 1/2 now.

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.