Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Some of you guys seriously bought a 996 for a family car??

The 996 is probably one of the most cramped, uncomfortable, one-dimensional sports cars out there.

I feel like Im wedged into a sardine can when Im in mine, although a very stylish one. I couldnt imagine trying to get a car seat in and out of the back.

Maybe I need my T-level checked?
You must be both tall and fat. And really insecure.
BTW - I don't think any one of kid ourselves it's a family sedan or a SUV.
But there's NOTHING wrong with people who choose to enjoy it with their families.
And if you have NOTHING valuable to add to this thread that is meant for people to discuss car seats - except to think 'you're too cool' - stop posting on this thread.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM
jackarelli
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadsession
You must be both tall and fat. And really insecure.
BTW - I don't think any one of kid ourselves it's a family sedan or a SUV.
But there's NOTHING wrong with people who choose to enjoy it with their families.
And if you have NOTHING valuable to add to this thread that is meant for people to discuss car seats - except to think 'you're too cool' - stop posting on this thread.
^
Well said.

99% of the time i'm alone in my car driving back and forth to work etc.

when we go out as a family we use my wifes bigger car however sometimes we go out in mine and having the option of adding a car seat in the back is extremly useful.

I don't think anyone buys these as a family car but life happens and sometimes you need to get your kids in the back!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

The 996 is probably one of the most cramped, uncomfortable, one-dimensional sports cars out there.

I feel like Im wedged into a sardine can when Im in mine, although a very stylish one. I couldnt imagine trying to get a car seat in and out of the back.

Guess you've never been in a Lotus or a Ariel?

The 996 is a quite spacious and comfortable compared to other sports cars. I've never considered it to be uncomfortable - I've even taken it on 600 mile road trips and still feel refreshed when done.

Plus as I said before, there's a reason those back seats exist!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel like Im wedged into a sardine can when I'm in mine, although a very stylish one. I couldn't imagine trying to get a car seat in and out of the back.

I guess you have never driven an older 911, the 996 is like a damn Cadillac! Very roomy for a sports car and I am by no means a small guy.
And while we we 2 very capable family type cars I still like to take my 5 year old daughter out on the 996.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

All - further to my earlier post - any current infant seat (e.g., unde 12 mos) models that are rear seat and rear facing to suggest? Baby boy is comin late June and my wife is driving me nuts... seems her nesting includes my 996. Thanks in advance -

Jeremy
Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up the search.

Originally Posted by Jeremy
All - further to my earlier post - any current infant seat (e.g., unde 12 mos) models that are rear seat and rear facing to suggest? Baby boy is comin late June and my wife is driving me nuts... seems her nesting includes my 996. Thanks in advance -

Jeremy
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I still like to take my 5 year old daughter out on the 996
Marc, could you at least let her ride inside. Its not safe for her to ride on it.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Very roomy is not the words I would use to describe a 996. I guess Im just used to pickups. Great car for "special" trips. Not a family car, not a DD. JMHO. No offense to anyone.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Meares
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeremy

Jeremy
i bought a Recaro seat for my son from newborn 'til last month....then i got the porsche car seat that sits in the front seat and disables the pass. airbag...the recaro won't fit in the back...just go to the dealer and order one there...they are reasonable and they're porsche seats....they have them for all ages/weights.....03 coupe
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very roomy is not the words I would use to describe a 996. I guess Im just used to pickups. Great car for "special" trips. Not a family car, not a DD. JMHO. No offense to anyone.
We know your opinion, you don't need to announce it every thread
No offense to you.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Ben_C
Instructor

Great car for "special" trips. Not a family car, not a DD. JMHO. No offense to anyone.
Your opinion is wrong. Daily driver, family car, ski tote, bike carrier, adrenaliser - all in one, proven over and over.

Cheers Ben
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Nothing wrong with a pickup, brokeback. But seriously, why do you keep coming to this thread with your verbal diarrhea? If you have something of value to contribute to helping a member with a baby seat selection for their 996, then help. If not, keep moving, nothing to see here.

And by the way, if you have to say "no offense" then you are well aware you are offending.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
I gave up the search.
Why? There are several models that have been verified to (be a tight) fit. None of them will be perfect, but there are some that work.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Anyone know when it's safe/legal to let the kids ride in the back seat with the standard seatbelt? It's such a small seat that my 6 year old fits but I think it's still technically against the law. If it's legal, is it safe?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Booster seat until a min age of 8 and 4'9". Both conditions must be met.

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.