Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:36 PM
SilverC2S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dell thanks for posting #127, huge help. I just installed my Britax Roundabout the exact same way. I removed the base which gave my son a little more headroom. I did notice that when I connect the seatbelt and snug the tether down the car seat shifts to side and doesn't sit straight. I had to back off the tension a bit to get the seat to sit straight and even now its still not perfect and there is some movement in the seat. Did anyone else have this same problem? If so, whats the fix?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Tighten the crap out of the rear tether is the best solution I found. The lateral movement, while minor, will be present without being able to a lower latch system. I did hear about the following product that is at Babies R Us that helps you ratchet the belt down and make it tight......
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Originally Posted by SilverC2S
Dell thanks for posting #127, huge help. I just installed my Britax Roundabout the exact same way. I removed the base which gave my son a little more headroom. I did notice that when I connect the seatbelt and snug the tether down the car seat shifts to side and doesn't sit straight. I had to back off the tension a bit to get the seat to sit straight and even now its still not perfect and there is some movement in the seat. Did anyone else have this same problem? If so, whats the fix?
I have the same carseat and have the same issue. The seatbelt works well to the carseat from moving backwards and forwards. Just need to use the rear anchor point to restrict the movement even further.

Most rear seats are soft and allow you to compress them so that the child seat is extremely solid. But, these P-Cars have very hard rears seats and this is not an option.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:59 PM
SilverC2S
Intermediate

Dell, is that a towel wedged in between the car seat and the carpet?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Yup, helps to get the seat "just right" by filling in the void. Had to experiment a few times to get the right size folds.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

A cosco car seat from "walmart" works and looks good. I have it in my 996 C2. I was worried about finding one that would work for my 2yr old and right when i got the car my curriosity led me to walmart one late night measuring the bottoms of the car seats long and behold, the 1st one i looked at measured out good. Now for it to mount securly i undid the material/padding ran the lap/shoulder belt over the carseat then i tethered the top to the latch and recovered with the material/padding. This is time consuming so this car seat stay in all the time.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BiteEmNBeatEm
A cosco car seat from "walmart" works and looks good. I have it in my 996 C2.
Cosco has cheaper materials and less padding compared to my Baby Recaro but as you indicated, it does the job.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
seatbelt as there is no latch system in the car. I don't know about the dimensions of the marathon, sorry.

seatbelt method. there is also a seatbelt lock included with the seat. there is no anchor or latch system in the car.
Ok I tried to test fit the Graco Snugride this weekend.
I removed the rear cushion and back rest and used the seat belt to try to anchor the Snugride in the back seat but could not get it to be very secure.
A lot of lateral movement.

I made sure the seat belt was looped through the middle hole but didn't seem to make a difference....Argh
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Did you use the D-ring that comes with it to lock the seat belt in place?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you use the D-ring that comes with it to lock the seat belt in place?
The D Ring... argh...
You mean the flat metal thing that looks like

Should I put the bottom seat cushion back in? What should I do with this ring..
Old 07-06-2010, 11:36 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

bingo!

Take out the seat bottom and add the d-ring for a perfect snug fit. The instructions that come with the seat explain how it works. If you do not have them, you can download from the Graco website.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
AlexBell
4th Gear

Hi guys from overseas. :-)

Don't know if theese are called the same in the US but I use them for my 4 and (soon) 1 year old. They go straight in without any modifications.

Acta Graco Comfort

And the Maxi Cosi

Even with my 6.5 in the drivers seat there's room for the Acta seat in my 98 C2 model.

Cheers

Alex
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks for the harmony literider tip - ordered it just now... I wasted too much time looking for a backless seat for my coupe...
Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Just reviving the thread since I am moving my boy from the Roundabout to a booster. Starting the search and will post back. Just wanted to bring this back to the top since it seems to be a good repository of info.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
DavidMC
1st Gear

Just reviving the thread since I am moving my boy from the Roundabout to a booster. Starting the search and will post back. Just wanted to bring this back to the top since it seems to be a good repository of info.
Last Sunday bought a Britax Parkway for my daughter to ride in the back of my '02 C2 Cab. Fits perfectly - even the woman at the store was impressed, said it fit better in my car than her Honda. Only issue is the "headrest" on the seat, if you move it up, can interfere with the top so I have to be sure I keep it low when raising/lowering the top. So far so good with my daughter who is 41 lbs and 41" tall. She loves the car - waves to everyone in traffic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.