Sponsored by:

Talk me out of it.. Considering trade for M3

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
eDoug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I don't wanna come off as a troll, and I think after owning 4 Porsches, I hope you guys don't take it that way. The M is simply the GREATEST feeling car I have ever driven!!
I'm relatively new here - but it sounds like you're just trying to justify your decision to switch to BMW to a bunch of porschephiles. My question is why? This certainly isn't about "the numbers" nor is it a competition - you'll certainly get more support over at bimmerboard, bimmerforums, or roadfly than you might on Rennlist. I too think the e92 M3 is great, and I'm glad you love it.

Why am I reading this thread? It's intoxicatingly stupid, really - but I keep coming back for more... It's like mescal or magic mushrooms, I think I'm starting to hallucinate...

Old 09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eDoug
I'm relatively new here - but it sounds like you're just trying to justify your decision to switch to BMW to a bunch of porschephiles. My question is why? This certainly isn't about "the numbers" nor is it a competition - you'll certainly get more support over at bimmerboard, bimmerforums, or roadfly than you might on Rennlist. I too think the e92 M3 is great, and I'm glad you love it.

Why am I reading this thread? It's intoxicatingly stupid, really - but I keep coming back for more... It's like mescal or magic mushrooms, I think I'm starting to hallucinate...

1st off, I'm a Porsche-file, too. I've owned 4 and been through a lot with them. 2ndly, I have a lot of friends on this board and a good history here. So, I'm here to share my love for Porsche's ALONG with other cars, such as the one I bought (and LOVE). I'm also here to learn, educate, encourage, discourage and hang with people. If I happen to come off as trying to "justify" my purchase with exitement and comparo's, I'm not sure I necessarily see anything wrong with that.

Some people can handle it, maybe some can't. However, there are PLENTY of people over at M3forum and M3post that own or just love Porsches and talk about how great they are, along with comparing them with other cars.

So...if a lively debate comes on where I compare my car to Porsches and where it shines and where it doesn't, that's what it's all about!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
eDoug
Instructor

Originally Posted by arr0gant
So...if a lively debate comes on where I compare my car to Porsches and where it shines and where it doesn't, that's what it's all about!!
Touche... it's an open board and a great community here - and I shouldn't be discouraging spirited debate, nor minimizing your history and connections to many of the members here.

With that, I look forward to engaging in other topics on the board with you and the other members in the future.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eDoug
Touche... it's an open board and a great community here - and I shouldn't be discouraging spirited debate, nor minimizing your history and connections to many of the members here.

With that, I look forward to engaging in other topics on the board with you and the other members in the future.
Right on!!

Oh and btw, Porsches SUCK!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Serenity Now
Instructor

Since this thread refuses to die I figured I'd post the car I decided to buy so as to provide opportunity for more criticism So far I'm happy with the choice I made. This car is a BEAST! A little more practical than the Porsche and ALOT more power. Handling is better than expected but of course not quite as nimble as the 996.

Not mine, but similar:

Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

That is a monster of a car. Congrats. Its very nice looking..
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
eDoug
Instructor

Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Since this thread refuses to die I figured I'd post the car I decided to buy so as to provide opportunity for more criticism So far I'm happy with the choice I made. This car is a BEAST! A little more practical than the Porsche and ALOT more power. Handling is better than expected but of course not quite as nimble as the 996.
That's a great car, congratulations! Although the horse was already beaten to within an inch of its life, it all depends on your needs. If you're driving more on straight roads, I can't think of a car that would be any more fun than an E55. And I'm sure it's more comfortable for one, or even 4 passengers!

Drive it in good health...
Old 10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice ride. Post up some pics when you get them.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Serenity Now

Probably needs about $10 grand more to even think about being "nimble". However, I'd probably take it over a dime-a-dozen BMW anyday.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Fissionx
Racer

how much
Old 10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Serenity Now
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fissionx
how much
How much... fun? Alot

How much... did I pay?.... The same or less than some M3's I was looking at. I got a great deal on it. Nobody wants a 500hp Supercharged V8 in an economy like this.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of it.. Considering trade for M3