996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't have to wait for my photos - they ALL implode! All of them. They should be littering the highways!

Bob
Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
You don't have to wait for my photos - they ALL implode! All of them. They should be littering the highways!

Bob

I loved the photo of the plate that you posted - someone has a good sense of humor.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
JMITCH
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictures Michael! I am not sure what I enjoy more the company of all of you , the drive or the pictures afterward!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
rmurph
Instructor

Sorry I missed you guys Saturday morning. Unfortunately the wife got rear ended Friday night on 15-501, no broken bones but a very sore back and neck. Ended up talking with the insurance companies Saturday morning. Fortunately it wasn't one of the Porsches, the Camry took the hit. Hope to see you this coming Saturday.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:24 PM
KenRudd
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I missed it this week, looking forward to next Saturday!

-Ken
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, rmurph,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, and I'm very glad she's OK. I'll be there next Saturday and look forward to seeing you and everyone else.

Bob
Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It's Wednesday, and I'm already badly in need of a bagel, a cup of coffee, and a few hours of Porsche therapy. It's been that kind of week. I'm sitting in a hotel getting ready for a meeting tomorrow wondering how I can add about 20 minutes to the route we've been driving on Saturdays after we leave the Bean & Bagel. I hope to be able to drive a new section of the route on Friday late afternoon. I'll let you all know what I come up with on Saturday morning.

FYI - I made a new friend named Helmut (Cayman S and 944). He's looking forward to meeting everyone this Saturday.

See you then!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
HitEnter
7th Gear

Default B&

Hi Bob,

Sorry I have missed your meetings but for one reason or another I have been unavailable every Saturday for the past month (Parade, DE, Carolionas BBQ party, etc.).

Saturday some on my group are going with Club Ferdinand to Crown Point.

Martin
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Bob, if you need future mid-week Porsche therapy while in town, let me know and we can meet for lunch. Also, after one B&B meet when everyone had things to do, I went a different direction around the lake on a solo drive which might be a possibility for adding to the usual route. See you Saturday.

Michael
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Great to hear from you Martin. I'm going to make a point of being at the next Carolinas meeting.

Thanks, Michael. I was in Farmville, VA and Dillwyn, VA. The roads to/from Raleigh were beautiful. But, I was in my company car - just a cryin' shame.

Oh well, we'll have to make up for it on Saturday with a revised route that's a little longer, but equally fun.

Bob
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Al-x
Instructor

Great drive, Great people, it was a pleasure as always.

The first leg of the drive was absolutely awesome!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:30 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! Fantastic drive. Great time seeing so many show up and go for the drive. There must have been at least a dozen cars (a couple Cayman's, 5 or 6 996's, several 911's, and a 928). Here is a few crappy cell phone pics I took. See y'all soon
Attached Images    
Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default Coffee, Bagels, and a Great Drive!!!

What an awesome morning - a big thank you to everyone who attended. We may have had a group of 9 or 10 in the past, but we haven't had a drive afterward. And, I think that the drive should be the "end of the morning/start of the rest of the day" whenever time permits.

Special thanks to Helmut for introducing us to a wonderfully twisty, scenic route that's practically in our Bean & Bagel back yard. And, while all of the Porsches sounded fantastic, special thanks to Charles, Dell, Ken and Alex for such incredible exhaust notes (factory exhaust on Charles' 996 - so he said)

For those of our group who couldn't join us today, here's who was there:

Dell (996 Cab)
Rich (late 80s Targa)
Bruce (Red Cayman S)
Michael ('88 911)
Helmut (Yellow Cayman S)
Charles (996 - slightly modified)
Ken (928)
Alex (996 - soon to have new shoes)
Manil (C4S)
Bob (996)

Here's a link to the pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Sadly, I won't be around (and will suffer from withdrawl) for the next 2 weekends. We're headed up north for vacation while the kids are tracked out of school. So, I'll see you when I return.

For those who do get together at the B&B, of if you head to Brier Creek for the PCA/Italians event, please post pictures. I also hope someone will be able to tell us about the swap meet on August 2nd.

Lastly, now that we have a great route for our weekend drive, I'd love to suggest that we pick one weekend day when we might finish the run at the Carolina Ale House on 15-501. Don't kow if that would be a later start that ends at lunch, or maybe an afternoon run that ends at dinner.

Let me know what you think.

Have a great rest of the weekend - and thanks to everyone for a great morning! Dell summed it up perfectly when at the gas station when he grinned and said, "that was more fun I've had in a while." Me too!

Bob
Old 07-26-2008, 01:03 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

I nearly forgot to mention that Randy and his son stopped in briefly on the way to a golf outing. Randy's been at the B&B Porsche gathering from the beginning and it's always great to see him!
Bob
Old 07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Of all the post-meet drives so far, the most cars I remember was 4. Having this many made the weekly drive the best one yet. A few shots from bringing up the rear:

Here, we deftly maneuver around a guards red 2 HP touring that gets good gas mileage from what I understand. Not sure I like the exhaust, though.

Right after this, there was a great shot of Alex and Manil in my rear view mirror, staggered in both lanes but this was the last one before my camera battery died.

Enjoy your vacation, Bob! Your lunch idea sounds great. I'm not sure if I'll be at the swap meet or Brier Creek next week but we'll see you when you get back.

Michael

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels