Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 519 Likes on 278 Posts

though it sounds like you guys will be one yellow GT3 short!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 08-16-2008, 12:13 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Charles - Both are good options. I'm a little intimidated by how busy Panera is in the morning, but I've only been there on weekdays. The parking lot right in front gets a little hairy at times.

The Starbucks on Kildaire is one of my favorite spots. It just takes a little bit longer to get to the good roads.

Don't get me wrong - there are disadvantages to Bruegger's too. So, if we don't like it tomorrow, we can always relocate to some other lucky place of business - who wouldn't want us to loiter in their lobby? We're very nice and awfully stylish...

Bob
Old 08-16-2008, 12:13 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Dell - you'll have to tell me tomorrow morning what you mean by "last drive in the GT3".

Bob
Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 AM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bob...this is what he means

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/445578-for-sale-well-sorted-996gt3.html

-Manil
Old 08-16-2008, 08:09 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Manil. First the B&B closes. Now Dell's selling the GT3. I'm going to need more than a cup of coffee at this rate of change!

I've prepared myself for anything else that comes up later this morning - like maybe Charles, Michael or John pulling into Bruegger's in Ferraris!

Bob
Old 08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Our first experience with the Apex Bruegger's was only mediocre. While the location wasn't bad, there were some drawbacks...
- The Bruegger's manager/owner wanted to know how long we would be there (even though the restaurant was almost entirely carry-out business and very few in-store customers)
- There were at least 3 Harris Teeter 18-wheelers cruising through that part of the parking lot at that hour of the morning.
- The coffee was only so-so; disappointing considering Green Mountain makes some incredible coffees. It just wasn't fresh.

But, we had a great drive after we left Bruegger's. Michael led Charles, Manil, John, Alex and me through the Apex countryside to our favorite scenic routes. It was a great day to be out driving a Porsche.

Here's a link to the photos.

NEXT WEEK: We'll be at the Panera in Cary - Cary Pkwy in the same mall with Stonewood and Ginza restaurants.

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US
Old 08-16-2008, 02:31 PM
KenRudd
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know the story on Bean & Bagel? I kinda liked that place, good coffee, good food, good people, and, everything else being equal, I'd rather support a local owner....
-Ken
Old 08-16-2008, 04:17 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

We all agreed this morning, Ken. No idea what happened. It's a shame.

If you have any recommendations in the Cary/Apex area, we should check it out before next Saturday.

Let me know.

Bob
Old 08-17-2008, 12:00 AM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

In addition to Bob's nice pix, here are a few more.

A last look at Dell's GT3 before she's off to her next lucky owner

Bob leading the pack ...

Ground level at the post-run gathering

Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Very nice, Michael. You have out-done yourself! Thanks for posting these photos.
Bob
Old 08-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Al-x
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great time as always guys. I really feel as if those bicyclist saved us from a little bit of trouble............
Old 08-19-2008, 01:35 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

I agree. How shocked do you think they were when they were pulled over, and then passed by 6 Porsches that were right behind the police car?

Even though they probably knew they weren't supposed to be riding 3 wide, and even though we were pretty well-behaved, I speculate that the dialogue after we passed sounded something like this:

Policeman: "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
Bicyclist: "Yup. About 7 miles per hour. Uh..Did you happen to notice the 6 Porsches that passed you? And you still opted to pull over 3 bicyclists? WHAT THE HELL???!!!"

See you next Saturday.

Bob
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
JMITCH
AutoX

Three days later, I still have a silly grin on my face! Great drive and pictures! Thanks Bob and Michael.

John
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM
rmurph
Instructor

Default Saturday morning coffee and run

Bob, hope you enjoyed NJ, my home state. Sorry I missed the gathering the last 2 weeks, was on a cruise to Alaska. Where are we meeting this coming Saturday? As info, there is also a Bean & Barrel up Farrington Rd, across from Governors Club in the Food Lion complex. Good, safe parking and close to some good runs. Coffee was good last time there, will check out the other offerings. May bring the Boxster this week. Kudos to Dell on his 2:03 run at VIR, great video.
thanks

Rich
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Rich. Sorry for the delayed response - I was away for a meeting. So, I'm very envious that you were able to cruise in Alaska. My in-laws are taking a cruise there in a couple weeks.

We decided to meet at the Panera in Cary on Cary Parkway. There is a Ginza and Stonewood in the same shopping center. Inside-Out Running store is also in that shopping center. I'll be there around 7:30.

The parking lot is huge, and it's easy to find. See you there!

Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels