996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good advice all around and thx for looking out.

i'm not as young as you guys probably think. i am a bachelor. i'm old enough that my grandmothers and mom/dad have begun putting on the half-court trap about finding a good hearted woman and settling down. soon, i'm sure, should i fail to comply, the full court press is on.

the ferrari can wait. it was an awesome drive, but the p-car... is awesome in its own right. i def need to figure out first what i wanna do with my career before embarking in any sort of trip to the fcar dealership.

saw an f430 spider, 360 mod/spider out and about today.... even the f-cars look rather staid to me without aftermarket wheels and lowering.

p.s. so what's your transition story from bachelorhood to husbandhood? smooth? adjustments? nightmares?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
ls911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
good advice all around and thx for looking out.

i'm not as young as you guys probably think. i am a bachelor. i'm old enough that my grandmothers and mom/dad have begun putting on the half-court trap about finding a good hearted woman and settling down. soon, i'm sure, should i fail to comply, the full court press is on.

the ferrari can wait. it was an awesome drive, but the p-car... is awesome in its own right. i def need to figure out first what i wanna do with my career before embarking in any sort of trip to the fcar dealership.

saw an f430 spider, 360 mod/spider out and about today.... even the f-cars look rather staid to me without aftermarket wheels and lowering.

p.s. so what's your transition story from bachelorhood to husbandhood? smooth? adjustments? nightmares?

For some reason, maybe read it, I thought you were 24ish. If so you are correct, not that young....well at least not snotty nose young.
Half court to full press is no issue as long as you don't get caught in a trap and turn it over. Hold it until the very last precious seconds, then shoot and hope like hell, ha.
It will come to you, 20's, 30's or whatever. Those who seem to rush/want it so bad get blinded by their own desires. Air ball
The one for you will FU up in every way. Happen to me when I least expected it. Destiny, left no doubts, nothing else mattered. Transition was smoooth, nothing but net. Fatherhood is the greatest joy of a mans life. Slam dunk
Your time will come, until then keep your dribble alive, beat the full court press
Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by ls911

For some reason, maybe read it, I thought you were 24ish. If so you are correct, not that young....well at least not snotty nose young.
Half court to full press is no issue as long as you don't get caught in a trap and turn it over. Hold it until the very last precious seconds, then shoot and hope like hell, ha.
It will come to you, 20's, 30's or whatever. Those who seem to rush/want it so bad get blinded by their own desires. Air ball
The one for you will FU up in every way. Happen to me when I least expected it. Destiny, left no doubts, nothing else mattered. Transition was smoooth, nothing but net. Fatherhood is the greatest joy of a mans life. Slam dunk
Your time will come, until then keep your dribble alive, beat the full court press
LS911 is... BALLLLLLLLNNNNNNNNN

Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wch
"many tifosi look down their nose at the Maser coupe/spyder owners"

I own both Ferraris and a Maserati QP. Anyone who looks down on his nose at a Boxster or Mas owner is a tool.
agreed, i'm no snob, but many sports car people are
Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, what he said expect the Boxster part

BTW love that Vanquish...since we are having fun dreaming
crazy looking car. i actually really like the way the little one (v8) looks in person.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:52 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
LS911 is... BALLLLLLLLNNNNNNNNN

http://www.theghostfacedoll.com/
Old 02-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

dipset, time to bring the party up in the RL reezzzzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGt-Wcyhg3o
Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Ben
If you can do it than do it! Ferrari is so much more than a car it is a lifestyle

As for marriage....completely individual choice. I have never been into "big pimpin" or flashing the keys to the women folk. Ferrari draws a lot more attention from women, no doubt, but that has never been part of my reason for buying it. My wife is friggin' awesome....but more than her being awesome I think I was at a place in my life when we met that allowed me to see how awesome she was/we were...it is a timing thing.

A couple of days ago we were driving through Scottsdale, top down when I here this frantic beeping and the sound of a car franticly trying to catch me up. I look back to see a hottie beeping and waving at me....this promptly stopped when she got close enough to see my wife in the passenger seat, phat rock on hand Gucci bag in lap...the women ducked away and my wife and I just laughed.

I have been stopped more times at gas stations and stop lights for questions/pictures in the last month than I can shake a stick at. Its kinda cool that a car attracts such attention.

Again, I say if you can do it than do it. Modena's can be had in the 90's now. If you need any help PM me. Also, start reading ferrarichat.com you are going there eventually may as well start educating up

Best
Attached Images  

Last edited by jbdmd; 02-24-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by jbdmd
Ben
If you can do it than do it! Ferrari is so much more than a car it is a lifestyle

As for marriage....completely individual choice. I have never been into "big pimpin" or flashing the keys to the women folk. Ferrari draws a lot more attention from women, no doubt, but that has never been part of my reason for buying it. My wife is friggin' awesome....but more than her being awesome I think I was at a place in my life when we met that allowed me to see how awesome she was/we were...it is a timing thing.

A couple of days ago we were driving through Scottsdale, top down when I here this frantic beeping and the sound of a car franticly trying to catch me up. I look back to see a hottie beeping and waving at me....this promptly stopped when she got close enough to see my wife in the passenger seat, phat rock on hand Gucci bag in lap...the women ducked away and my wife and I just laughed.

I have been stopped more times at gas stations and stop lights for questions/pictures in the last month than I can shake a stick at. Its kinda cool that a car attracts such attention.

Again, I say if you can do it than do it. Modena's can be had in the 90's now. If you need any help PM me. Also, start reading ferrarichat.com you are going there eventually may as well start educating up

Best

if i'm already getting some mad punani pulling power in my dated 996, i can't imagine what it's like in the f-car slammed on some 19s!

if i could share some of the stories...... but that's for another time.

thx for the pic kind sir. i love teh spider.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
ls911
Pro

Agent 0

Enough said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrmU...eature=related
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

i love gilbert man, his blogs are on point and so is his game

but i love this even more

double OT.... prob a 30 footer + nothing but net. i can't even do this on nba 2k8 on the xbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncSI...eature=related
Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

for as much as i love the ferraris, i must admit, i am still in love with the 911.

my buddy and i met up right quick for some tea/coffee... very nice 997S. sport seats (trying to get hiim to paint the backs). i love those brakes he's got. no brake dust is the best part.

btw, jesus shuttlesworth has a 997S on 20" chrome wheels.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

This is turning into one of those "status kill!" threads...
Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 AM
ls911
Pro

Very nice pics! Both p-cars looking great together, double trouble The yellow/black combo looks better than I imagined it would.
Ray is as classy as it gets, love his game, few if any better shooters. Another great Seattle move, hard to pull for them lately. The thing I liked about the Arenas shot is the confidence to raise up before the shot dropped in. Ray's was way more difficult to make. Both are clutch.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Very nice pics! Both p-cars looking great together, double trouble The yellow/black combo looks better than I imagined it would.
Ray is as classy as it gets, love his game, few if any better shooters. Another great Seattle move, hard to pull for them lately. The thing I liked about the Arenas shot is the confidence to raise up before the shot dropped in. Ray's was way more difficult to make. Both are clutch.
agreed. agent zero is one crazy dedicated player. love him for that.

i made a mistake on teh link. i meant to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9aWE...eature=related

no better looking jump shot in the game ever. so smooth. so quick. can do it at every spot on the court and in any action. if i could play like anyone it'd be like him. persona wise, i'd want to be The Glove aka Gary Payton.

these guys are unreal!

my real passion is futbol aka soccer (korea national team baby!).

got a chance to watch him play on my trip to barcelona. hat trick. amazing baller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlZYExnQbc imo, best footballer in the world right now.

Quick Reply: So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday