Sponsored by:

So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Oh, no doubt, but Riad's comments about not wanting to drive one downtown on a daily basis--
it's like saying i don't want jessica alba as my girl because she just attracts too much wandering eyes in public

i'll deal with it the best i can

and to the guy bragging about driving one as a daily... what, does he want a cookie?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
FLY996
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F is nice but if you want the real deal go for the Lambo
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it's like saying i don't want jessica alba as my girl because she just attracts too much wandering eyes in public

and to the guy bragging about driving one as a daily... what, does he want a cookie?
I was thinking the same thing myself...Would you like a cookie?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Hey Ben,

Been reading some of your posts in the past and you've come across as an opinionated guy, with passion for cars and a quirky attitude that at times have pissed people off with you candid remarks.
That having said, you also have a sense of practicality and seem rather grounded and responsible.
Those are attributes that are not commonly found in F car buyers. Don't mean to open up a can of worms or cause trouble....I'm sure there are exceptions to my comment (eg. your friend that drives the 360) but have you seen or met the people who drive an F car. You will never see me in one even when I can afford to... the lable is over baring for me and by the time I could afford one, I will already be going through a mid life crisis and my 25 year old mistress will be more than I can handle for attention.

Just my opinion
you're an astute man

i think people tend to assume a lot of things about me here without realizing we are in a hobby forum so i share but a small niche of my life and opinions, though i think i have been sharing more of who i am because i am so passionate about good cars and pretty things. i don't blog anywhere else. i blog thru you guys here.

anways sure you'll have your typical f-car idiots, but for me, i remember how i felt when i picked up my first car which was the s2000 and how pure and good that felt. then 16k miles later i totaled that thing and while gazing on that crumpled mess of metal and plastic on the slick interstate asphalt, i had a mini epiphany that this thing is just a nicely assembled mass of material that has become an automobile.

so for all that waxing, and modding, and focus i put on this car as a 23 year old, it became what it is - a toy. and so goes the m3 and now the 911.

i'm big on hanging around with good people measured not necessarily by wealth or status or fame, but by their integrity, character, and perspective. no one is forcing me to befriend any or all of you. i'm not asking any of you to like me. so in a sense, i couldn't give a rat's **** about what people may stereotype me as in my honda, my jeep, my porsche, wearing my breitling, wearing my diamond/gold chain, my suit, etc.

i'm just going to be as honest as my opinions here and just be me with the full knowledge that at the end of the day, i have my integrity to uphold and truly believe that i am a good person who wants to do good things for others whatever i may be driving, wearing, etc. so in a sense, i guess in most situations i'm just comfortable enough in my own skin to not even hesitate. sure, the one thing i always ask for is more wisdom as i age.

so in a word just like my f-car owning friend was so unconditional about me driving his ferrari, i will also be like this with other friends who wants to drive my... (hopefully a ferrari) in the near future. and being a rather social person, i'll totally be self available and self depricating with people and in a sense... play down the f-car just as i consistently play down my p-car here and in real life.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by FLY996
F is nice but if you want the real deal go for the Lambo
it's ok to love both
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by RyeHigh
I was thinking the same thing myself...Would you like a cookie?
chocolate chip pls
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

chocolate chip pls
Sure thing...
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Eh, I'd be more apt to liken it to the difference between dating a supermodel versus dating a "regular" hot chick that's down to earth with a decent personality. The supermodel is always going to attract more attention, but at the end of the day I'd rather go home with a "regular" girl, i.e. a 996TT or something. To each his own...YMMV.

I dunno, but the fact that you hear it mentioned like it's a big deal so many times, coupled with the extremely low mileages on the used Ferrari market suggests that there's a reason people aren't driving these things on a routine basis. Hell, look at the people on RL that own Ferraris...most of them don't try to hide the fact that they use a Porsche as their daily driver.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have driven the F430 a number of times and it is the most amazing driving experience I can imagine. That said I think my 997S is about 80-85% of the F430 at half the cost. That is NOT in any way a negative on the F430. As stated it is the most amazing thing I have ever driven. That said I do not think it is light years ahead of the 911. I think the current crop of 911's acquits itself very well against the current F430 which is the ultimate compliment to the 911. At the end of the day the cars are not like kind replacements so honestly comparing an F car to a P car is not apples to apples. If I could only have one and it was my daily driver there is nothing I would rather have on a day to day basis than my current car. If I had one as a weekender that I would drive twice per month the F430 would be the one I would choose. Those two decisions would take me mere milliseconds to make.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
wyldstyle
Track Day

you're an astute man

i think people tend to assume a lot of things about me here without realizing we are in a hobby forum so i share but a small niche of my life and opinions, though i think i have been sharing more of who i am because i am so passionate about good cars and pretty things. i don't blog anywhere else. i blog thru you guys here.

anways sure you'll have your typical f-car idiots, but for me, i remember how i felt when i picked up my first car which was the s2000 and how pure and good that felt. then 16k miles later i totaled that thing and while gazing on that crumpled mess of metal and plastic on the slick interstate asphalt, i had a mini epiphany that this thing is just a nicely assembled mass of material that has become an automobile.

so for all that waxing, and modding, and focus i put on this car as a 23 year old, it became what it is - a toy. and so goes the m3 and now the 911.

i'm big on hanging around with good people measured not necessarily by wealth or status or fame, but by their integrity, character, and perspective. no one is forcing me to befriend any or all of you. i'm not asking any of you to like me. so in a sense, i couldn't give a rat's **** about what people may stereotype me as in my honda, my jeep, my porsche, wearing my breitling, wearing my diamond/gold chain, my suit, etc.

i'm just going to be as honest as my opinions here and just be me with the full knowledge that at the end of the day, i have my integrity to uphold and truly believe that i am a good person who wants to do good things for others whatever i may be driving, wearing, etc. so in a sense, i guess in most situations i'm just comfortable enough in my own skin to not even hesitate. sure, the one thing i always ask for is more wisdom as i age.

so in a word just like my f-car owning friend was so unconditional about me driving his ferrari, i will also be like this with other friends who wants to drive my... (hopefully a ferrari) in the near future. and being a rather social person, i'll totally be self available and self depricating with people and in a sense... play down the f-car just as i consistently play down my p-car here and in real life.

Dude keep on posting......you are an entertaining ****!!! You say what we young people hesitate to say on these forums and like myself...from looking stuck up and spoiled. Get your F-car....i will be in my Aston blasting some Biggie & TUPAC. Always keep it real doggy!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by blk on blk
I have driven the F430 a number of times and it is the most amazing driving experience I can imagine. That said I think my 997S is about 80-85% of the F430 at half the cost. That is NOT in any way a negative on the F430. As stated it is the most amazing thing I have ever driven. That said I do not think it is light years ahead of the 911. I think the current crop of 911's acquits itself very well against the current F430 which is the ultimate compliment to the 911. At the end of the day the cars are not like kind replacements so honestly comparing an F car to a P car is not apples to apples. If I could only have one and it was my daily driver there is nothing I would rather have on a day to day basis than my current car. If I had one as a weekender that I would drive twice per month the F430 would be the one I would choose. Those two decisions would take me mere milliseconds to make.
in case you were a b-ball fan, i liken the 911 to ray allen. i absolutely love ray allen aka jesus shuttlesworth. he is my favorite player in the nba. he played in milwauk, seattle and now boston.

the ferrar f430 though is kobe bryant. as good as shuttles is and as much as i like his style of play, kobe bryant is at another level, an LA laker for the life of his career thus far. it took me a while to appreciate his talent, but now that i better understand his work ethic, his outstanding defense, and the outrageous competitive passion he has... i am a kobe fan now.

but am i happy with being a ray allen fan? no question.

i recall you mentioned you had a brother who has an F430. fantastic. to me, 80% isn't good enough. and the problem with the 911 in my eyes is it's just never going to be this:

all or nothing so even with a 997 GT2 in the garage, i'd always end up driving the f-car. now if i had an aston martin vanquish on the side, there would be times i'd pick the vanq over the f-car since it's a much more comfy, smoother, quieter ride (GT coupe).
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by wyldstyle
Dude keep on posting......you are an entertaining ****!!! You say what we young people hesitate to say on these forums and like myself...from looking stuck up and spoiled. Get your F-car....i will be in my Aston blasting some Biggie & TUPAC. Always keep it real doggy!
2 of Amerikaz most wanted, ain't nuttin' but a gangsta party baby boy!

WESTSIDE!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice anology with Kobe as the F car and Allen as the P car. No doubt Kobe is the best and most talented player in the current NBA, but will always be remebered by the adultry he had comitted and the dumb *** ring he bought to buy his love back. Unlike Allen...timeless, repected by many, keeping a low profile while playing phenominal basket ball at his age.
Much like the F cars...nice to look at, fantastic to drive but who's in those cars is certainly not an accurate reflection of the car itself. So remember my fellow Asian grasshopper, its not what's on the outside but what's on the inside that makes the difference.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
hamilton
Instructor

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Oh, no doubt, but Riad's comments about not wanting to drive one downtown on a daily basis--coupled with an article bragging that someone is actually using one as a daily driver--sure seem to imply that Iowa isn't the only place in which exotics attract attention of all kinds. That said, I've often commented in the past that Iowans tend to notice my Miata more than the Porsche.

BTW, Iowa keeps a Porsche owner's ego in check at all times; the only P-car dealer sells mostly GM products, Mazdas, and Subarus. The last time my 996 visited the dealer, I had to wait behind a 20-year-old in a Pontiac Vibe.
Don't forget the (awful) Porsche dealer in Davenport. There are two in the state.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Nice anology with Kobe as the F car and Allen as the P car. No doubt Kobe is the best and most talented player in the current NBA, but will always be remebered by the adultry he had comitted and the dumb *** ring he bought to buy his love back. Unlike Allen...timeless, repected by many, keeping a low profile while playing phenominal basket ball at his age.
Much like the F cars...nice to look at, fantastic to drive but who's in those cars is certainly not an accurate reflection of the car itself. So remember my fellow Asian grasshopper, its not what's on the outside but what's on the inside that makes the difference.
Yea, I really couldn't care who is in what. The Ferrari would be MY Ferrari and it would be me representing the ROK. HAHA

Good advice, man. Keep it on lock in 'onto.

Quick Reply: So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday